and we're done

Josh Newman[emoji]8482[/emoji] ‏@Joshua_Newman

J.R. and Chris Smith sold out two sessions at Monroe Sports Center this morning with little to no advertising. About 90 kids each.

Josh Newman[emoji]8482[/emoji] ‏@Joshua_Newman

Some good stuff out of both guys, including J.R. saying they're going to kick Jeremy Lin and Houston's *** this season.

this guy man 
laugh.gif

New York Knicks
Carmelo Anthony - 92
Amare Stoudemire - 84
Jason Kidd - 80
Iman Shumpert - 80
Tyson Chandler - 77
J.R Smith - 75

L.A. Lakers
Dwight Howard - 95
Kobe Bryant - 93
Pau Gasol - 87
Steve Nash - 87
Antawn Jamison - 77
Matt Barnes - 73

Utah Jazz
Al Jefferson - 84
Paul Millsap - 83
Maurice Williams - 78
Derrick Favors - 74
Raja Bell - 71
Alec Burks - 71

Chicago Bulls
Derrick Rose - 92
Joakim Noah - 83
Luol Deng - 83
Carlos Boozer - 78
Nate Robinson - 77
Taj Gibson - 77

San Antonio Spurs
Manu Ginobili - 87
Tim Duncan - 87
Tony Parker - 86
Stephen Jackson - 78
Kawhi Leonard - 76
DeJuan Blair - 72

Boston Celtics
Rajon Rondo - 90
Kevin Garnett - 84
Paul Pierce - 82
Avery Bradley - 79
Jeff Green - 78
Jason Terry - 77

Miami Heat
LeBron James - 98
Dwyane Wade - 93
Chris Bosh - 82
Ray Allen - 79
Shane Battier - 75
Mario Chalmers - 75
Dallas Mavericks
Dirk Nowitzki - 85
Vince Carter - 79
Shawn Marion - 79
Elton Brand - 77
OJ Mayo - 77
Darren Collison - 77

Los Angeles Clippers
Chris Paul - 94
Blake Griffin - 86
Chauncey Billups - 82
Caron Butler - 81
Jamal Crawford - 78
Grant Hill - 77

Houston Rockets
Kevin Martin - 81
Jeremy Lin - 77
Chandler Parsons - 74
Patrick Patterson - 73
Toney Douglas - 72
Jeremy Lamb - 71

Brooklyn Nets
Deron Williams - 90
Joe Johnson - 85
Gerald Wallace - 81
Brook Lopez - 80
Kris Humphries - 74
Marshon Brooks - 73

Miami Heat
LeBron James - 98
Dwyane Wade - 93
Chris Bosh - 82
Ray Allen - 79
Shane Battier - 75
Mario Chalmers - 75
Dallas Mavericks
Dirk Nowitzki - 85
Vince Carter - 79
Shawn Marion - 79
Elton Brand - 77
OJ Mayo - 77
Darren Collison - 77

This had me SHOOK for a second... I was like when the hell did Dirk join the Heat?!?!?
Didn't see the Mavericks name in between there.

But those ratings are a little off to me.

I'm redoing part of the crib and making a mancave. For one part I'm doing a wall of champions theme but can't find a good poster of the Knicks championship teams, or at least the '73 team.

Any suggestions or good pictures you guys know of?

I'm redoing part of the crib and making a mancave. For one part I'm doing a wall of champions theme but can't find a good poster of the Knicks championship teams, or at least the '73 team.
Any suggestions or good pictures you guys know of?

Reposting cuz its gunna get lost in the bolivian of the previous page

u gotta b trollin me right now

I'm dead up, Is every critique on NT a troll now?

How do you expect JR Smith to be an 80 or above when the dudes Offensive and Defensive awareness (in real life as well) is way below average? :lol:

I know JR's speed, quickness, and dunking ability will be high mixed in with a decent outside shot but everything else is way below. Like the other dude said tho, he'll still be dope on the video game you got nothing to worry about.

Im sorry but im not a knicks fan but this thread is like one of the best threads in sports forum. its always so lively, entertaining, and thread starter always on point with the title changes :lol:

Last Year, in 2011, Amare Stoudemire was voted as the 13th best player in the NBA by a huge list of NBA insiders.

This year he is ranked 43rd, a notch below Demarcus Cousins. Dropped 30 spots.

Hopefully he uses this as some fuel or motivation.

During their high school years in the late 90s, Amare Stoudemire and Raymond Felton witnessed first-hand the many on-court heroics of Carmelo Anthony.

This past weekend in Puerto Rico, Stoudemire and Felton were able to soak in the brilliance of Anthony off the court through his community outreach.

For the third summer in a row, the Knicks star remodeled basketball courts in a poor neighborhood -- and this time, he hosted a free-admission celebrity softball game with Stoudemire, Felton, Marcus Camby, NBA player J.J. Barea, former Yankees center fielder Bernie Williams and rapper Fat Joe. Unfortunately due to weather, the game couldn't go on, but they still interacted with the fans.

ESPNNewYork.com caught up with him on Wednesday for an exclusive interview about his community work and Puerto Rican roots.

Q: This week marked your third straight year going to Puerto Rico to restore basketball courts. How did the idea initially come about in 2010?

Anthony: I had always wanted to do something in Puerto Rico. My dad was Puerto Rican and I never really got to know him because he passed away when I was two years old. So I wanted to honor my Puerto Rican heritage, and this is one way I thought that I could.

Q: What were some of your favorite moments this time around?

Anthony: This is the first time that I was able to host a weekend event. So I was able to invite friends and family to experience what I experienced the past two years. That was cool.

Q: Do you have any family there?

Anthony: I am sure I have family in Puerto Rico, but I don't know who they are.

Q: You mentioned in a previous interview, "I grew up in a situation like the kids here. It was survival of the fittest." Can you expand on that a little bit?

Anthony: I grew up in a bad neighborhood [in Baltimore, Md.], where there weren't too many options. So I understand kids like that. I want to give them some hope. I want them to know that they aren't forgotten. The people who were in the streets were protecting me from getting in the streets.

Q: Your big initiative has been to restore basketball courts in Puerto Rico. Do you have future ideas or plans looking ahead?

Anthony: Yeah. I want to work on courts everywhere. My team has started off small, so we can get some successes under our belt. So we will continue to do this in other parts of the United States and the world. We have courts done already in Syracuse as well.

Q: How would you say Puerto Rico's basketball community has grown in the past few years -- perhaps even through your outreach?

Anthony: Puerto Rican basketball has always been big. Puerto Rico is known for baseball and basketball. It's not me. It just has a history of producing some great athletes.

Q: Through the NBA or community work, how do you stay connected to Puerto Rico and its fans during the season?

Anthony: I have to get creative with Twitter, Facebook, etc. But I enjoy the Puerto Rican parade as well.

Q: How close are you with Puerto Rican NBA players J.J. Barea and Carlos Arroyo?

Anthony: I think there is an unspoken connection with these guys. We really don't get to connect much, but when there is an opportunity to support one another, we try to.

Q: Before you were traded to the Knicks in 2011, had you thought about playing in front of New York City's large Puerto Rican population?

Anthony: I have always loved New York and what it has to offer. So that includes all the people there. I love my fans no matter where they are from. I get so much love and they really do support me through the ups and the downs.

Q: What's impressed you the most about how NYC's Puerto Rican community has embraced you?

Anthony: The city has embraced me, but New York is a tough city to play in. You have to be strong. But this is where I wanted to be. There's no other place like it.

Back
Top Bottom