Angie Martinez resigns from HOT 97

In quite shocking news, Angie Martinez announced that today was her last day at Hot 97. The news comes as a surprise to many, as Angie has been considered by many as the voice of New York radio for almost 15 years. Her most recent role at the station was the host of the "Afternoon Drive" alongside DJ Enuff. Angie made the official statement via her Instagram, which can be read below.

Today I resigned from HOT97. I am grateful to the Emmis family for my time with the company and the immeasurable way that it has shaped my life. We made history together in so many ways and I will cherish those memories and my friendships forever. This was one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make but ultimately it is time to move on, to grow and to be challenged in new ways. Saying goodbye is always emotional and bitter sweet but I am extremely excited about the future. Thank you HOT97 and most importantly....the listeners... for an unimaginable journey. Today will be my last show stay tuned.... Love, angie
Angie didn't give any hint as to what she will do next, but knowing her, it will be something great. We are going to put this on repeat for the rest of the day in honor of you, Angie.

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/0...06+2014&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

:frown: i actually liked her show, damn

Crazy.

They were just on front street with that VH1 show and now **** is falling apart.

I'm guessing she'll do TV.

You guys think what Dame said had anything to do with her decision about how Hot97 has some old talent still on the radio or something like that?

You guys think what Dame said had anything to do with her decision about how Hot97 has some old talent still on the radio or something like that?
laugh.gif
 honestly that was the first thing I thought of.  like, did he touch a nerve when he asked "why is Flex 46"  I doubt it though... 

I ain't even from NY or nothing but this is sad news. Angie has THE most memorable Hiphop interviews EVER!!!

-Cam/Jimmy vs Mase

-Cam vs. Fif

-Diddy vs Lox

-Hov going off on R Kelly

Damn, this crazy.

ok soooo whats the scoop on her leaving
with the flex rant on dame
ebro stepping down
mr. cee staying in the closet
and now her leaving something is definitely going on
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Rumor is she's either going to Power 105 or Revolt TV. Definitely a surprising move...

Back
Top Bottom