Another Trip checked off my list. Vol. Italy

Was in Venice for a couple of days solo and Italian pizza sucks!!!!!!!! Any BK hood pizzeria>> dominos>>> tombstone>>> Italian pizza. I was disappointed but the pasta was to die for
Getting pizza in Venice is like ordering polenta in Sicily, doesn't make any sense and you shouldn't expect it to be that good (on average). Also kinda silly to order "peperoni" pizza...

I wasnt eem thinkin bout that but yea ..theres only like 2 spots in venice that have good pizza cuz wood fire ovens are banned there.

They have AMAZING seafood tho.

Naples and rome have the best pizza imho.

going to Italy is on my bucket list, especially where my grandparents are from

those pics are awesome op
smokin.gif

I enjoyed it. The scenery played a part in that but at the same time it was delicious. Nothing mind blowing but it was good pasta.

I was diggin through some threads and noticed your post regarding your trip to Italy. I'm heading there in 3 weeks and I wanted to ask you a few questions if you don't mind:

1. How safe is Venice for a couple? I've never been to Europe and most of my friends and the research I did online keep talking about pickpocketers. I'll def keep my passport/money in my front pocket or even a waist pouch, but is the crime really that apparent?

2. Did the locals signal you out for being a tourists? Upsell you or charge you extra at restaurants, etc..

3. Is 2 days enough for Venice?

@robotea

1)very safe. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary or any crimes. I would say just be cautious of people around you when your In crowded areas as you would anywhere.

2) to my knowledge I wasn't upcharged or singled out. Most of the restaurants have menus in both Italian and English and the prices were the same for both.

3) depends on how much time you have in Italy all together. For me I had about 6 days in Italy. spent about 2 days in Venice myself and the rest I went to other areas like Rome, Milan, Pisa, etc. If you are only visiting Venice I would def recommend taking half day trip to the island of burrano. It's beautiful colorful little island. Only takes about half hour by boat to reach from venice.

We've always wanted to visit Italy, but would you think this trip would be possible with a 4 y/o?

Back
Top Bottom