Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown Vol. Koreatown

Dave Choe trolling Bourdain at Sizzler with the meatball tacos was great. 
laugh.gif

Watched that epsiode when it first aired. I remember Eddie Huang went out there also and met up with that one dude. Never been to Koreatown before, but would if I'm ever out there.

I can see that sizzler from the balcony of my apartment LOL I actually went to the salad bar there with my friends after all of us watched this episode. We had never tried sizzler before but gave it a shot after seeing the show.

I moved to ktown about 6 months ago and honestly, I don't like living here. I moved here thinking it would be so great since I always come out here to drink/eat/club with my friends but Ktown isn't a great neighborhood to live in. Police helicopters always going around at night and constant shootings/violence non stop. After my lease is up, definitely moving back out to the westside or downtown. I'd rather leave ktown as a place i come to hang out at and not where i live.

i liked that the show explored the whole koreatown while including its neighboring cultures

JOLLIBEE :pimp:

Last edited:
All I know is that the food from those trucks looked MFin' delicious!  

The Kogi trucks and Chego >>>>>>>>

It's not even fair. Chego used to be on the Westside, but just moved down to China Town I think. Anyone in LA should def hit up Kogibbq.com and go find a truck for tacos if you haven't though. Amazing.

Any LA fam got recommendations in K-Town? I looked up these places and they all seem pretty good, but probably regular and now packed after the show. I love Korean food and would love some spots I can hit up.

Much appreciated

The Kogi trucks and Chego >>>>>>>>

It's not even fair. Chego used to be on the Westside, but just moved down to China Town I think. Anyone in LA should def hit up Kogibbq.com and go find a truck for tacos if you haven't though. Amazing.

Any LA fam got recommendations in K-Town? I looked up these places and they all seem pretty good, but probably regular and now packed after the show. I love Korean food and would love some spots I can hit up.

Much appreciated

Dong Il Jang is always a hit for me. Love that place and I take my parents there whenever they come in from Korea and we always enjoy our meals there. Pricy but worth it. Parents don't like going to all you can eat joints so for KBBQ when they come, we go to Chosun Galbi, Park's BBQ, or Dong Il Jang. If you go to Dong Il Jang though, order the roast gui like they ate on the show. That's what they are known for so only go there for that.

I hit up all you can eat joints a lot with friends and Hae Jang Chon is good along with Star BBQ. There are a ton of places to eat in ktown so if you need any recommendations, lmk.

One of my favorite shows on TV, hands down.

Dude is just so chill and never has a problem with showing his "Human" side.

Been plowing through a lot of these as of late.

The Okinawa episode was on point

my favorite show.

they are all good.

the current season hanoi, japan, rome and houston (slim thug) are my favorites

no reservations and the layover are basically the same show as well.

Watching the Bay Area Episode from Season 6 of Parts Unknown.

Lot of MMA talk in this episode for you Ju Jitsu dudes

Tonight's episode was set in Queens, also features Heems. I don't really watch this show like that but I had to DVR this because I'm a Queens native. I think they did a good job showcasing different parts of Queens and different cultures.

Back
Top Bottom