Any entrepreneurs or business majors here? I have questions.

Basically I have some ideas that I want to put into action but don't know very much about business. I'm looking into taking some intro to business classes and was wondering what other courses (if any) should I look into. Maybe a marketing class?

Last edited:
what kind of idea is it? dont need to give it away but telling us if its a product/website/app/service ect would help

if you're looking to get your own website you will need to find someone to design it for you, unless you're willing to put in the extra effort to learn all that yourself

you should also look into a public speaking class since you will have to be presenting your product to potential investors.

the best entrepreneurs are not the ones with the best products, they are the ones that can convince you that they have the best products 

if you're looking to get your own website you will need to find someone to design it for you, unless you're willing to put in the extra effort to learn all that yourself

you should also look into a public speaking class since you will have to be presenting your product to potential investors.

the best entrepreneurs are not the ones with the best products, they are the ones that can convince you that they have the best products 

Thanks for the reply and good point on the public speaking class. I have to take it anyway so that's a win-win.

I suppose too there are many books out there I can look into as oppose to just attending classes.

Last edited:
I got some ideas fam, need some directions. 

For an app, what steps should I take to execute?

learn to use google or have a ton of money to waste. You are bringing nothing to table for us to talk about. Not being harsh, just real. Not trying to knock your ideas...but your first step has to be learn to rely on yourself to find what you need. You need an app made...find a blog about going from zero to finished for apps.

OP are majoring in Business or just got some ideas you wanna try out?

I have ideas that I want to build up and push on my own, as well as ideas that I want to pitch to potential investors. I figure if I get a solid upstanding of things like how to set a business up, maintain it, how to go about marketing etc that will lay the foundation to help ensure whatever I do come up with im not making rookie mistakes, wasting time, or money. Obviously some ideas just wont work out for various reasons but if im going to go through with something I want to do it "properly".

Last edited:
Business in general is too diverse to just give you a list of things you need to do.

We already have a thread that has gotten off to a nicer start, but is also shaping up to be very diverse with the mix of different heads and markets in there. I recommend coming over and choppin it up:

http://niketalk.com/t/574703/anyone-here-work-for-themselves-own-their-own-business/30#post_19114795

But to answer your question, Android Market is a different world and so is online marketing compared to what kind of marketing you would be learning in school. But, most marketing techniques can always be carried over. I'm just saying that it might have the impact of real world experience or researching from people who have a better perspective on not just being profitable but productive in those areas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom