Any Golfers on NT?

if you're looking for a cheap shaft on ebay...talamonti shafts are being cleared out by the owner...its a no name brand but the people at golfwrx forums have been saying nothing but good things and saying it is very comparable to the diamana blueboard
for only 30 dollars + shipping...you should definitely give it a look

here is a vid of a guy comparing it to the whiteboard

I was able to track down a pair of those Masters Edition Lunar Controls from a NDC online rep, they told me they had one in stock and to place a phone order. I went to check the order status today cause usually it would of shipped by now, turns out they were out of stock
frown.gif

Oh well, I guess I'll just get a pair of white Zoom TW 2010's for cheap. At least I was able to get a brand new Nike Dymo driver for $70 shipped on ebay, Dymo 3w for $60, and a VR gap wedge for $50 at my local Sports Authority. I tried them out when they first released in 2009 and thought they were pretty good. A nice upgrade from my Ignite driver and an older Callaway War Bird 3w. Even though it's a 2009 model, it should do the job for a while. I figure if I'm going to spend a lot of money on brand new up-to-date clubs, it would be on an iron set.

I got the masters lunars in 12, but waiting for it to be drier out before I whip em out.

Just hit the new VR Pro driver with a few different shafts and loved it. Gonna take one out for a test run and see if it can knock out the VR tour from the bag.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

983k is definitely not the most forgiving driver. did you try the 983e when you were buying it?
Nah I bought it online.  I don't think it is the driver though, I was able to work a nice draw and even fade a couple.  I can feel the shaft flex quite a bit more than I am used to so I am thinking about trying a stiffer shaft with a kick point closer to the tip.  Not sure if it will help but this is just a club I am messing around with anyways.  Edit:  guess I should mention I think it is the shaft flex because of the hooks, the slice I wasn't getting my hips cleared enough but when I hit a couple big hooks I could definitely feel the shaft flex more.

Finally had a week of dry weather and have a day off work tomorrow so am going out for 18, hoping to see how the extra distance off the tee helps my score.  Also tried the Cleveland Mashie yesterday and am probably going to pick that up soon, just have to order one with the heavier shaft than the 59g all the stores around here carry. 

Are you swinging out of your shoes, or are you even tempoed throughout your swing?

So i went and did a Ball fitting today. Ive been playing 3 or 4 different golf balls regularly the past season.. for 3 rounds in a row i keep seeing which one was better for me, then I shot my personal best all 3 times.. It was cool how they did it.. The one that the stats show was best was (for Overall performance, including distance, control, and accuracy) was the Srixon Z-star followed by the Callaway Tour is.. For Distance = the Callaway Tour iz..

I have some Srixon, I may pick up a sleeve or two of the Tour IZ and see how I like them.

i think i've FINALLY found my driver.....

burner superfast tp 2.0 is DEEEEEEEEEEEP like 340 yards deep!

If I can find a superfast for cheap I may be giving it a go. In my 3 years of playing golf, I have liked my Titleist drivers but I dont buy just because of the brand. Need something that works and is accurate.

League starts Tuesday. Hoping for a chance to win it. Not a very competitive league because everyone is a casual golfer, but I think my old man and I culd take it this year. Hoping for major strides on the green this year and off the tee.

oh just fyi..... the burner superfast 2.0 tp is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE bias. i love it. i actually want to get ahold of the red stamp which is super duper fade bias....

and the sftp 2.0 tp totally doodoos on the r11....

Anyone play a 48 or 50 degree wedge?

I think I'm going to get a CG16 in either the 48 or 50. I'm trying to find something I can hit in between my PW and my Gap wedge. Not having a 100 yard club has been killing me.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Anyone play a 48 or 50 degree wedge?

I think I'm going to get a CG16 in either the 48 or 50. I'm trying to find something I can hit in between my PW and my Gap wedge. Not having a 100 yard club has been killing me.
I play a 48 degree CG11 as my pitching wedge, the PW from my set is 47 degree so it's more or less an even replacement.  I hit that club 115 yards.

I play a 52 degree TA 900 or a 53 degree 588 as my 100 yard clubs....

56 Degree CG10 as my 80 yard club..

I also play a 60 degree CG10 but I very rarely put a full swing on it, I use it more for around the green play (bump and run chip shots, dead hands pitch shots, etc.) 

I did that a few years ago, getting a 48 to replace the wedge.

Depends on your short game. At the time I loved flying in balls that just dropped or checked back.

I now prefer to have a little big bigger head than a wedge would have for bump and running or pitching up so I went back to the PW.

It was nice to have that consistency in the wedges since your hitting the same model of clubs just like your irons all around the green.

Who is that up there? 
pimp.gif

Went back home for Easter today and played at the local 9-hole course. Got through the first two holes with pars, gave them back on the next two holes. Lost my ball on the next hole, and never recovered from there. I still didn't expect much for my second time out on the course in over a year. Didn't hit the Dymo driver well either, it felt lighter than my Ignite driver so maybe I just have to work on the timing of my down swing with it. 

I have a very broad question - how do you find a new putter. I just went to the store and felt quite overwhelmed. The store that is usually super helpful around here basically said its all feel - which I understand to a point but I need a better starting point. They do exchanges/returns so there is a little less pressure but I had no idea where to begin - any help would be appreciated. FWIW - I am using a mallet that is heel-shafted and too soft. I also have a tendency to toe my putter (my irons are plus two degrees so i guess at least im consistent?)

Thanks again

Originally Posted by kapstone

I have a very broad question - how do you find a new putter. I just went to the store and felt quite overwhelmed. The store that is usually super helpful around here basically said its all feel - which I understand to a point but I need a better starting point. They do exchanges/returns so there is a little less pressure but I had no idea where to begin - any help would be appreciated. FWIW - I am using a mallet that is heel-shafted and too soft. I also have a tendency to toe my putter (my irons are plus two degrees so i guess at least im consistent?)

Thanks again
If they have an exchange/return policy I would just try out different style putters and see what you like. I still have my Scotty Cameron Newport 2 from high school, that's always going to stay with me even if I do find another putter.

Get a Scotty Cameron. They are more expensive than other putters, but awesome and very high quality. Plus the putter is the club you will get the most use out of, so why not pay a little bit more for a quality stick?

b9c16d19116d00cea9df1db887b5f90d6eda6f1a.jpg

+1 about the scotty.

I hate to say it, but putting is about feel and the biggest thing is finding something that suits your eye. You have to feel confident and comfortable when you look down at the putter.

Scotty's can get up there, but the new Nike Method Core is a nice putter. Not super expensive, they cost about half of the original methods and I actually think they look and feel better.

You have to think about your style of putting too. Do you go straight back and through or do you swing around? (Technically it's impossible to go straight back and through, but it's a philosophy)

From there you can decide if you want a mallet or blade type putter and the type of neck gets into play, blah blah blah.

I'm lucky. My buttonback was my second Scotty and it will forever be with me. The only time I stray is to use my Method Core when the course is too sandy on the greens.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

b9c16d19116d00cea9df1db887b5f90d6eda6f1a.jpg

+1 about the scotty.

I hate to say it, but putting is about feel and the biggest thing is finding something that suits your eye. You have to feel confident and comfortable when you look down at the putter.

Scotty's can get up there, but the new Nike Method Core is a nice putter. Not super expensive, they cost about half of the original methods and I actually think they look and feel better.

You have to think about your style of putting too. Do you go straight back and through or do you swing around? (Technically it's impossible to go straight back and through, but it's a philosophy)

From there you can decide if you want a mallet or blade type putter and the type of neck gets into play, blah blah blah.

I'm lucky. My buttonback was my second Scotty and it will forever be with me. The only time I stray is to use my Method Core when the course is too sandy on the greens.
Sweet Buttonback. Love the paintfill!

nothing overly special about scotty camerons. i own one but lets be real here. unless you get a tour issue one, its not some rare handcrafted piece of steel. just get whatever you feel confident with.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

nothing overly special about scotty camerons. i own one but lets be real here. unless you get a tour issue one, its not some rare handcrafted piece of steel. just get whatever you feel confident with.

exactly. even the tour issued ones aren't all that. tour issued are RARELY handcrafted (unless you count welding necks). and this is coming from a guy that has TWO camerons that are the exact same spec.

main issue with putters, you have to be comfortable with what you have. whether its a 40$ or 4000$ putter, you have to feel like you can put it in the hole.

but IN GENERAL heel shafted putters (which are typically toe hang) are for gated strokes whereas center shafted (or face balanced) putters are for more straight back straight through.

inserts are another issue thats very personal. the agsi / pure roll from tm and the method putters do in fact roll the ball VERY well and in fact work. i could easily use one but i've putted with the same cameron for the last 4 or 5 years when it mattered. do i like the method 001? ABSOLUTELY love it. when i practiced, i putted tons better with it; but no matter how much i tried, i just never was comfortable with it when i was putting for money.

end of the day: don't worry about the brand of putter, find whichever one puts the ball into the hole faster. if its odyssey, cameron, bettinardi, cleveland classic, 29", belly putter, WHATEVER. GET IT IN THE HOLE!!!!

Personally I put better and love the way mallets feel. However, I hate the look of them so much that I stick with my ping blade. Go figure. Unless im playing for dough, i'm sticking with blades. 

I think I've had the same putter since 1999 or 2000. Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 Mil Spec. I rolled a few putts with the Newport 2 buttonback and it had me thinking I should save up and get it.

I'm going out to Scottsdale next month to visit one of my boys and play golf. I've never played out there before so I can't wait. Anyone played there before and have some course recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom