Any NTers Firefighters

Yeah, they only use those in dense cities - NY, Chi etc -they were designed to give a higher reach but need to have steerable rear wheels to make tight turns in narrow streets.

Yeah, they only use those in dense cities - NY, Chi etc -they were designed to give a higher reach but need to have steerable rear wheels to make tight turns in narrow streets.

Originally Posted by nikeskywalker

why would you want to run into a fire

bc its awesome. cant get that type of adrenaline rush sending emails in an office, thats for sure....

as for 20/20, i dont think so, you have to pass a sight exam during your physical but its nothing killer...

Originally Posted by nikeskywalker

why would you want to run into a fire

bc its awesome. cant get that type of adrenaline rush sending emails in an office, thats for sure....

as for 20/20, i dont think so, you have to pass a sight exam during your physical but its nothing killer...

^ It varies with the department but most are about 20/40 uncorrected and 20/20 corrected - which is easy for a reasonable healthy person.

Unlike the UK where the standard is insane...

^ It varies with the department but most are about 20/40 uncorrected and 20/20 corrected - which is easy for a reasonable healthy person.

Unlike the UK where the standard is insane...

West Coast San Francisco...may move later down to LA and see wats good with LAFD b/c its hard here in the bay area...all i know about the tiller is that he steers the rear of the truck

West Coast San Francisco...may move later down to LA and see wats good with LAFD b/c its hard here in the bay area...all i know about the tiller is that he steers the rear of the truck

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

and i LOVE it.... couldnt think of a better job, ill never be rich but the job is incredible.....

at the end of the day  that's what matters most when it comes to your line of work, that your doing something you enjoy doing.

and i LOVE it.... couldnt think of a better job, ill never be rich but the job is incredible.....

at the end of the day  that's what matters most when it comes to your line of work, that your doing something you enjoy doing.

was thinking about grabbing this book.. any details? reviews? suggestions?

24539009.jpg

just trying to be as prepared as possible

SO what would be the duties of the truck company crew? Driver/Engineer, Officer, 2 Firefighters, and a Tiller (rear driver of truck)? Got my assignment due tomorrow and cant seem to find what duties other than drive rear of aerial truck around corners and narrow streets

SO what would be the duties of the truck company crew? Driver/Engineer, Officer, 2 Firefighters, and a Tiller (rear driver of truck)? Got my assignment due tomorrow and cant seem to find what duties other than drive rear of aerial truck around corners and narrow streets

my dads been a fire fighter for 15 years

right now im trying to get in as well, i took the test and now i gotta wait to take the physical which is in march

if i get this job i'd prolly be set for some time the off days are cool as hell

you could work for the department and have a second job or a side hustle

plus the discounts at certain retails are pretty decent

all in all its just a great job that i pray i land within the next year, year n a half

^^^
roll.gif

that'd be me

OP, im a FF/EMT for Orange County (FL) FD.... in Orlando, FL.
i had to take a pre-requisite EMT class, followed by Fire Standards course.... after being certified i test about 15 different departments before finally getting hired. just stay on your grind applying and testing, its difficult to get hired on, but many people give up....

I can only imagine.. bet life's dope!

^^^
roll.gif

that'd be me

OP, im a FF/EMT for Orange County (FL) FD.... in Orlando, FL.
i had to take a pre-requisite EMT class, followed by Fire Standards course.... after being certified i test about 15 different departments before finally getting hired. just stay on your grind applying and testing, its difficult to get hired on, but many people give up....

I can only imagine.. bet life's dope!

my dads been a fire fighter for 15 years

right now im trying to get in as well, i took the test and now i gotta wait to take the physical which is in march

if i get this job i'd prolly be set for some time the off days are cool as hell

you could work for the department and have a second job or a side hustle

plus the discounts at certain retails are pretty decent

all in all its just a great job that i pray i land within the next year, year n a half

Back
Top Bottom