Any NTer's in Anchorage?

Yo im out in Anchorage for 2 months...so far its been boring, just been walking around downtown aimlessly...so any of yall up here? what yall do besides go to the lil pubs?
+feels lame makin this thread
frown.gif
+

Anyone know if the biology graduate program in Anchorage is any good? Tryna get my research on and Alaska would be prime real estate

doing an on the job training. (work related) im goin kayaking saturday with a coworker but we so opposite its hard to stay/chill with him. so yea... got to find some folks to chill with out here.

I believe marijuana is completely legal in AK uptown 4 oz... also do see northern lights, or is it the wrong time of year...

I lived in Anchorage for 3 years. There's nothing to do bro. If you like to smoke you can find some high grade mary jane easily since it's legal. Other than that you're +%+% out of luck.

Yea I'm not doin no smoking. No clue is was "legal" altho I was at this look out and dude was blowing trees like it was nothin. Lol . Ill have to find that S!!! My game is extra weak right, aint even spoke to no O's(nothin serious anyway)...smh

That show "Alaska State Troopers" on National Geographic makes Alaskans look like they're about that life. I personally wouldn't want to go there.

^never seen it. I'm sure there's some rough areas, but I haven't seen them. I don't worry too much bout that any...(This I my last time uppin)

Went to Alaska 2 weeks ago (and Anchorage as well)....I really loved the vibe of Alaska, it's just completely different from anywhere else in the US. Something real peaceful and quiet about it, and all the wildlife around you.

There are some "bad" areas of Anchorage, that are "about that life"...the east side of a small airport there (the name evades me) is a pretty bad area...

Random about Alaska, but Denali National Park is the best national park i've been to hands down. there's absolutely nothing like it, not even Yellowstone or Yosemite.
pimp.gif
If I were still in school I'd think about getting a summer job working in or around the park (since they're only open in the summer) and chill there.

Just one pic I have of Denali, but inside the park it's absolutely nuts. Only one road and no public cars are allowed (past the first 15 or so miles) and only buses go in and out...just pure unspoiled wildlife/wilderness.
pimp.gif

Wassup J,

Stay warm out there (if it's still freezing). Here's some tips that will make your stay a bit more enjoyable (hopefully):
If you're 21, go drinking. Probably one of the main past times over there.
Go hiking (if you're into the outdoors) when the trails are clear and the weather is cooperative.

Eat at the following spots if you haven't already: Moose Tooth, Double Musky (an hour outside of Anchorage), Humpy's (Man vs. Food Challenge) and/or Snow City cafe.

See Aurora Borealis (if you can find an area near Anchorage, I know Fairbanks has tours, if you can travel outside of Anchorage).

I got scammed for a swiss legend watch by some cracker from Anchorage,I sold the watch on ebay and he sent me a message asking for tracking number and I told him I didnt get one so of course he then claimed item not recieved and paypal refunded his money and I couldnt do !#$ about it,I just got caught slipping and forgot to get a tracking number and I thought AK was Arkansas,lol,I would go get revenge If I ever visit.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Yo im out in Anchorage for 2 months...so far its been boring, just been walking around downtown aimlessly...so any of yall up here? what yall do besides go to the lil pubs?
+feels lame makin this thread
frown.gif
+

Crank pretty much summed it up in the last thread...

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I want to see a picture from an Alaska party, club, or something.
Spoiler [+]
Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I want to see a picture from an Alaska party, club, or something.
2mdrznc.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

here's the thread:
http://niketalk.com/topic/210299

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Wassup J,

Stay warm out there (if it's still freezing). Here's some tips that will make your stay a bit more enjoyable (hopefully):
Go hiking (if you're into the outdoors) when the trails are clear and the weather is cooperative.

Eat at the following spots if you haven't already: Moose Tooth, Double Musky (an hour outside of Anchorage), Humpy's (Man vs. Food Challenge) and/or Snow City cafe.

See Aurora Borealis (if you can find an area near Anchorage, I know Fairbanks has tours, if you can travel outside of Anchorage).
Best  pizza ive had in a long time...better than the NY pizza i had.
thanks for the info

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Wassup J,

Best  pizza ive had in a long time...better than the NY pizza i had.
thanks for the info
Yup their pizza was bomb. You should also try their Praline Cheesecake sometime if (you're into desserts or ever go back).

Back
Top Bottom