Any NTers losing interest in kicks like Jordan retros and the whole "sneaker culture"?

If money wasn't an issue I would still only buy my absolute favorites. A lot of the color ways out today aren't appealing enough for me. There are only 2 other pairs of Jordan retros I want anyway and having a closet so full of sneakers I can't even rotate was never my intention.

Last edited:
I've been losing interest. Been selling my Jordan collection for a while now. I'm at the tough part, growing up I never had cement 3's, royal 1's, carmines etc. and now I have all 3 plus more. But they're all unworn, and honestly I never think "I wanna rock my 88's today". Resell value is high, but I know once I part ways w/them I'll regret selling. The money that can be made if far more valuable than owing a sneaker you never wear. I agree with the statement above, closet full of kicks but no gear to rock it with. I'm done with JB.

I keep telling myself if they retro bred IV's with NIKE AIR, I'll jump through the hoops one more time for them.

Until then , I'm good. Not worth the hassle to wrest with these kids and companies over cheap pleather and rubber

I would still be selective if money wasnt an issue but i would buy everything i truely wanted instead of passing just to save $

Here's the thing about "if they release ____ shoe", when they do the paint ******* falls off after 1 wear, they're as comfortable as 3rd world country givaway toms, and you have to win the chance to spent 200 on them :x

Ain't nobody got time for that

I've been losing interest. Been selling my Jordan collection for a while now. I'm at the tough part, growing up I never had cement 3's, royal 1's, carmines etc. and now I have all 3 plus more. But they're all unworn, and honestly I never think "I wanna rock my 88's today". Resell value is high, but I know once I part ways w/them I'll regret selling. The money that can be made if far more valuable than owing a sneaker you never wear. I agree with the statement above, closet full of kicks but no gear to rock it with. I'm done with JB.

Man either cash out, or wear them. The future is unexpected, so enjoy em or the money while you can.

Man either cash out, or wear them. The future is unexpected, so enjoy em or the money while you can.

Yup. Said this story on here before and I'll say it again, best thing I ever did was realize new shoes in the closet is worth ZERO dollars and ZERO cents. An apartment full of shoes with nothing to show for it but a room full of boxes? Pathetic. I sold all of them when my little boy was born and out it all down on a house and my truck.

Last edited:
I will never understand this. I've never seen someone wear a pair of jordans (outside of a basketball court) in my entire life.

To me all them Jordans look hideous and idk anyone who would wear them in my country.

The Jordan 1 looks alright to me but that's about it.

Even in Paris and London I didn't really see much Jordans

Last edited:

I will never understand this. I've never seen someone wear a pair of jordans (outside of a basketball court) in my entire life.

To me all them Jordans look hideous and idk anyone who would wear them in my country.

The Jordan 1 looks alright to me but that's about it.
You live in America?

Kids running around across the street and they all have them on, all I had to do was look out the window
laugh.gif

You live in America?

Kids running around across the street and they all have them on, all I had to do was look out the window
laugh.gif
I live in Belgium. Sneaker culture isn't really a thing here. Many of my friends, myself included, don't even own a pair of Nikes aside from pairs for the sports they play.

I do live fairly rural but even in the big cities like Ghent and Antwerp I've literally never seen someone wear them.

Last edited:
Didn't even look at your location.

Sorry fam, completely my bad.

I just want to be able to walk into a store in the late afternoon or a day later and pay retail. Remember that? :lol:

Jordans are ugly little kids' shoes and cheap looking anyway. I don't personally know anyone who still wears them

Last edited:
Jordans are ugly little kids' shoes and cheap looking anyway. I don't personally know anyone who still wears them

I think AJ 1's look nice. Don't have a pair though. Probably never will with how difficult it is to get the nice colorways.

Let me ask you this though, if money weren't an issue would your feelings on the subject change at all? Because it seems like a lot of the frustration stems from the rising costs and practicality.
if money weren't an issue AND i had more time to spend in casual clothes sure. Think about it, we see celebs rocking heat when theyre running errands, shopping, going from place to place. Not at functions, or on the red carpet or what have you. Atleast not anymore. If i had more time spend in sneakers i would definitely buy more but just for personal satisfaction. the "culture" is still dead to me

i remember seeing this a few years back and it solidified one of the reason things were getting played out to me. we sometimes get caught in our world here on NT and think that NT represents the real world of the "sneaker culture" but its not. its a bunch of 12 year olds from upper middle class families who fund their "hobby"

Last edited:
I think AJ 1's look nice. Don't have a pair though. Probably never will with how difficult it is to get the nice colorways.
true, 1s are cool, but I wouldn't pay anything over $100 for anything Nike/JB. Quality on their shoes is just awful and the shoes look like pure plastic. If I'm spending 300+ on shoes, they're either dress shoes/boots or luxury sneakers. Not some fake leather crap

I'd say i got something like 15-20 hot kicks and a bunch of beaters.. Anything past 20 is money better spent elsewhere.
1) Js are overpriced.

Back before bots and raffles and extreme reselling (consignment stores, FB groups preorders,etc) the average joe could get his pair with some effort and usually secure a second pair by bringing his brother or sister along for the ride. once the second pair went to craigslist or ebay the first pair would be heavily discounted or free. this is how i got into shoes and built up a small bunch before i was really making decent money. I cant do this anymore due to all the obstacles which were supposed to make it more fair but just cut out the ability for people who don't have three days out of the week to dedicate to shoes or computer programs that work half the time.

2) Js are overpriced.

Js to me are worth between 30 and 90 dollars. That's the price they'd have to be for me to go all in, picking up all the hot releases and what not. Once you transition into the adult world, you start to see what quality shoes they are actually competing with at the price point they are. Why spend 400-900 on an exclusive 1 when you can get high- end designer brands at the same or a little more. 2 chainz touched on this in an interview despite his own fashion sense

3) Js are overpriced.

The money spent on jordans when applied to practical things goes a very long way. If you are sitting on a ton of unworn heat. I suggest you sell all of them but some favorites and spend the money on something you can enjoy. 10 pairs of shoes can buy you a motorcycle or honda to zip around in and hook up. I bought my electric keyboard with 2 pair of shoes. 5 pairs of shoes could be a nice vacation somewhere. If you die tomorrow it would be a shame to be sitting on all those hobbies and adventures you could have lived. if you have debt and unworn Js...
sick.gif
 you're doing things wrong.

4) Girls dont care about your Js. Yes like that you have some clean nice shoes on... but they dont care that there's only 3000 pairs in the world. They will see your undefeated 4 and tell you its an ugly green color and not think twice. if you are hypebeasting, you are buying shoes strictly for props from guys. I wore some super limited clarks (bright red) to the mall last weekend. Had like 8 people comment on them. I felt good flexing with my chick but it was still pretty annoying to keep getting interrupted by strangers.

5) If you love shoes for the shoes.. realize that nike is just using you. stop letting them dictate how you spend your money. the price hikes and impossible to get quantities are not okay. and you need to tell them that by closing your wallet.

Here's the thing about "if they release ____ shoe", when they do the paint ******* falls off after 1 wear, they're as comfortable as 3rd world country givaway toms, and you have to win the chance to spent 200 on them :x

Ain't nobody got time for that

The damn truth :smh:

some of the official "insert sneaker here" threads on the nike, jb, nike retro, and other brands forum are just awful. Dudes really think they are doing it just cause they are loyal to a certain kind of sneaker. You ask one question and dudes get salty cause you don't want to sift through like 20 pages.

i lost interest when i came to the realization that a room full of sneakers isn't as impressive as a nice bank account

i look at these guys my age and younger who can't be making more than 50k a year, spending what seems to be thousands of dollars on sneakers.

spending 1% of your income on sneakers

After my wife got pregnant w/ my daughter, it was over for me. Not only that but the constant increase in price and decrease in quality, I started to smarten up. I only copped because I could afford to since I was grown. Last pair of sneakers I bought were som AM '93's and I never knew comfort like this :lol:

I did however start investing in FL so when the younger and foolish older cats cop, it helps me.

Back
Top Bottom