Any of you on government welfare programs?

you guys that is ashamed to get it I don't see why since your paying for it

I tried applying for EBT many times. Not because I needed it, but because I figured I can cut costs on groceries and use the saved money for a new Tito Jesus or something.

I would have all the docs and paperwork ready, but everytime I would step into the office/center, I had to make a 360 and turn around. My pride wouldn't let me do it. And I ain't want no one I knew seeing me. How ima look hopping out of a Lex Bubble asking for govt assistance?
So you left the counter, to turn around and walk right back to the counter?

i had an obama phone

this
i was able to get a iphone with it, but gave it to my mom

if you need it, just apply for it. no shame to ask for a little assistance

dudes out here living in nice condos (sec 8 ), on govt assistance programs, and pushing a new car

Last edited:
I wouldn't say people are broke.

I'm not broke by any means but if there are things I can use out there why not try it?

You gotta think like this, the govt. is so quick to use you so why not use it?

Last edited:

I tried applying for EBT many times. Not because I needed it, but because I figured I can cut costs on groceries and use the saved money for a new Tito Jesus or something.

I would have all the docs and paperwork ready, but everytime I would step into the office/center, I had to make a 360 and turn around. My pride wouldn't let me do it. And I ain't want no one I knew seeing me. How ima look hopping out of a Lex Bubble asking for govt assistance?
So you left the counter, to turn around and walk right back to the counter?
roll.gif
roll.gif

You've been conditioned into feeling as if you shouldn't accept assistance from your own government

you shouldn't accept assistance if you don't need it.

I applied for ebt a couple years ago just because. Thought I would get lucky, but was denied. I figured, as much money as the gov tax me(single, with no kids), at least they can do is let me recoup some of it back through food. Haha!

you shouldn't accept assistance if you don't need it.

I see cats driving Mercedes and Beamers asking for assistance.:smh:
I think some people have no shame.
Shout out to Ol' Dirty Bastard lol

Pride can be a good thing tho brotha.
"Nobody can't tell me nuthin"

Too much pride. I always make sure I never chew more than I can swallow (pause)

Unless you really need it, you're taking food out of some little kid's mouth that really needs it

Last edited:
This thread thread makes me wonder if there really is a lot of GOOD people out there struggling? In my 22 years I have only met one person who was living poverty's nightmare. Dude had no running water. He used to come to school in his pissed stained jeans .. And he passed out in class once because was so hungry. Damn.

And I remember dudes in high school whose parents made less than mine (or didn't even work at all) were eating better than me..

And I remember dudes in high school whose parents made less than mine (or didn't even work at all) were eating better than me..

Forgot about this as well. I gradually said f it and started bringing a lunch in HS, but I remember one of my friend's parents were loaded, yet he was not only getting reduced lunch, but was paying only 5-7 bucks for those AP credit tests. I took 3 of those tests, and paid the full $52 for each. :x

info on college kids being able to get food stamps? 
nerd.gif
think they were working part time while in school.....it qualified them as low income 

Not sure how it exactly works but I'm pretty sure their parents wasn't claiming them on their taxes 

mogs had all the freshest clothes/shoes 
laugh.gif

they were busing them in from the inner city out to the burbs and were fresher than most of us 

^ their parents dropping them off in a brand new bmw :lol:
im getting off public transportation and walking :lol:

info on college kids being able to get food stamps? :nerd:
think they were working part time while in school.....it qualified them as low income 

Not sure how it exactly works but I'm pretty sure their parents wasn't claiming them on their taxes 

i think you got to be independent and claim yourself.
was still on my parents health plan, so was a dependent

Back
Top Bottom