Any Police Officers within the NT world?

Legalizing would also lead to more exposure yo different demographics, and it would become as accessible as cigarrettes or alcohol. College kids would be more inclined to try it because it would be more readily available, just like alcohol. Imagine college students getting older students or friends to buy them a case of beer and some LSD or Cocaine. People who would never have paid any attention to the drug itself would be exposed to them and subsequently "experiment"
roll.gif

bruh the amount of cocaine flowing through rich white areas, especially universities, is VERY extensive...college students are ALREADY doing things like this, whether legal or not

watch something like "the house i live in" if you want an accurate depiction of what drug prohibition has done in this country...

if you arent convinced, well then keep on fighthing the "good" fight i guess, and perpetuating the prison industrial complex

Of course drugs are available, I'm aware of this :lol:. But let's not act like they are that easy to get your hands on outside of rich communities or universities though. Buying some coke is not the same as buying some weed bruh. And if they were distributed by the government it would be EVERYWHERE.

I can agree to disagree though, legalizing narcotics would not make as big a dent in crime like y'all are thinking. But we'll never know cuz that's not going to happen.

You have no idea what you're talking about tho.

Any nightclub you've ever been in had a guy in there selling coke.

It's just as easy to get as weed, in some areas easier to acquire than quality marijuana.

It's just as easy to get as weed, in some areas easier to acquire than quality marijuana.

And a lot of times ONE of them is the dude working in the bathroom handing out paper towels. Just ask and you will be surprised about what he can get you.

Coke is easy to get. Don't know where you been (dude that said it's only in rich areas). :lol: Come to southern Cali.

DISCLAIMER: I don't do drugs. My piss is cleaner than my Mama's, with the church wig on.

Last edited:
You know what, y'all are right about the coke, I'll take my L gracefully :lol:

I'm sticking to my guns on the other arguments though. Decriminalization ain't solving nothing.

Shieeet even Ray Charles could find drugs, and he was blind, they ain't hard to look for. :smokin

the taxes they would inevitably place on it would not only make them MORE unattainable, but would ensure that a black market would exist. Legalizing it would not stop people from selling it on their own, therefore not stopping any of the violence.

The connection between violence and drug prohibition is not a direct causation, as you're implying either, rather an aggravating factor, if you want to talk about that as Well, but I would rather not derail this thread further. I respect your opinion though and will gladly continue this via PMs, if so you desire.

Right, because the black market for liquor post prohibition is huge. I have yet to see people pitching bottles of whiskey on street corners.

Drug prohibition is a huge cause of violence, since it isn't regulated people are forced to protect their trade by illegal and forceful means. Once the bootlegging era ended, organized crime came down tremendously.

To the topic of police, most of the people I know who joined took the job as a cop out once they failed at becoming successful post hs/college. They just wanted a secure job to apply for, they weren't trying to be heroes. Of course, these are my experiences and may not represent the majority of police. There are rotten apples in every sector, but what makes the police so hated is the permanent impact an individual officer can have on a family or generation. I have never been arrested or served time, but I've had my fair share of racial encounters and it becomes difficult to retain a positive view once you've experienced them.

I won't knock someone else, but I personally would never work for a police organization.

That's well and all but that danger and risk you talk of is exactly what you signed up for.... and you are doing it because it's your job and makes your livelihood, i don't look down on cops or firefighters but i'm not going to sit here as if their some sort of heros either.

Not to mention that in those high crime rate areas those people are walking in your shoes except they have to deal with that lifestyle everyday and don't have the benefit of a gun, a task force, and the workings of the law behind them.

It's this kind of thought process that annoys me, sort of like the DEA agents who speak so negatively about getting a "bad" guy off the streets and how their helping the neighborhood..... No infact their will be no stoppage of drugs in this area, the crime will actually go up, and your Agency knows very well how they could cripple the drug market but they won't because they are payed to continue to generate arrest and feed the prison complex.

In all seriousness, only a small portion of cops firefighters and military personnel consider themselves heros, and they are the ones doing it for the wrong reasons. I think you are confusing what we consider ourselves and what some of the public perceives us as.

I know what I signed up for and the inherent possible dangers. I'm not looking for sympathy just as none of my co-workers are. We don't call each other heros. I can't speak for cops or soldiers, but I've yet to hear any of them say it's no more than a job and their sense of service.

Bump... I got a 95.9 on the NYST Exam... First civil service test ive ever taken, sort of getting hosed due to the fact I didn't get bonus points from prior police/military experience so even with a good score I'm still pretty far down the list.  It'll be a couple years at best before id expect a call.

Anyone else here take the NYST exam?

kinda serious question:

any NT cops that used to listen to N.W.A. as a kid - specifically track 2 off Straight Outta Compton....?

if so, any of you still like that stuff/have appreciation for that stuff - or hate it, or not that serious...

also - can it be bumped at non-disturbing-the-peace levels right in your face w/o problems?

Back
Top Bottom