Any Siberian Husky Owners on NT?

I've always wanted one of these dogs but my dad never allowed dogs.  Now that I live on my own, i'm considering a dog. 

I went to a shelter the other day and someone ended up surrending a female.  30lbs, 1yr 3 months.

I heard they need a lot of excercise since they're running dogs which isn't an issue since I go jogging for a few miles every night.  But I do live in a 900 sq ft condo/townhouse that has a small patio so I'm not sure if that would be enough room for her.  30lbs I think is pretty light for a husky so I'm thinking maybe it would work out for her. 

Anyone have any advice/previous experiences?

Also, I'm a fairly uptight person on being clean.  NTers with Dogs, how do you guys keep your house clean from dirt, etc. considering you guys need to take dogs out for walks and stuff. 

My husky is really calm indoors but crazy energetic outside. Id say that as long as you give her about an hour or so of walking a day she'll be happy

i've pondered on getting 1 as well but they come with all them eye color-options and that would throw me off..

did you ever think about getting an Akita?

i'm either going for my 2nd Akita or 3rd German Shepherd in the spring..

roll.gif
@ the autotune

Mine!
tumblr_lxl72hz2hm1qk0p9oo2_250.jpg
392180_2853657711450_1559781542_32849993_1505181015_n.jpg

Haven't seen him in about a month and a half 
frown.gif

But yeah, they do have a lot of energy. I would usually walk him for almost an hour every day. Smart #%! dogs too. They also have an "alpha dog" mentality, so make sure you show them you have authority. They can be pretty independent. As far as keeping them clean, it's not too difficult. After walks we would just wipe his feet with a wet towel or baby wipes or something. Make sure you comb them often, shedding is a %$*%@.

And yeah, making them howl is the best part 
laugh.gif

But damn? Only 30 lbs? That's pretty light for a Husky. Mine's 60, almost 70 pounds.

These dogs are so damn beautiful. Didnt have room for a husky so we got a Yorkie
laugh.gif
i love him to death though.

inb4 cwrite

Sup, I have two Huskies. They're pretty awesome. Every time I take em out, I get honeys. Beside that, they don't really need much outdoors.. at least imo. I live in an apartment so needless to say, they're inside dawgs. I only take em out for poo/pee breaks.

I go about 2-3 days without walking them due to school/work. When I do take them out, it's usually with another friend (we go husky walking, ahaha) or to the dog park.

Chill dogs overall. Be prepared for LOTS of hair.

30 lbs though? That's mad small. My female husky is 45 and she is SMALL for her breed (She's 3 years old). My male is about 90?

Akira
pimp.gif
Best dog evar

Toby

Toby and Maya (his sister)

Toby and Maya a year later
426236_264599893613799_100001913724279_664341_1042228952_n.jpg

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

inb4 cwrite

Sup, I have two Huskies. They're pretty awesome. Every time I take em out, I get honeys. Beside that, they don't really need much outdoors.. at least imo. I live in an apartment so needless to say, they're inside dawgs. I only take em out for poo/pee breaks.

I go about 2-3 days without walking them due to school/work. When I do take them out, it's usually with another friend (we go husky walking, ahaha) or to the dog park.

Chill dogs overall. Be prepared for LOTS of hair.

30 lbs though? That's mad small. My female husky is 45 and she is SMALL for her breed (She's 3 years old). My male is about 90?

Akira
pimp.gif
Best dog evar

Toby and Maya (his sister)

Toby and Maya a year later
45 POUNDS?

IS THAT AS BIG AS SHE'LL GET?

I WANT A HUSKY THAT SIZE!!!

I'm really considering getting one. About to live alone for the first time starting this summer and I want a dog to warn me about the spirits and lurkers out here lol

Now that its already bumped, Does anyone have a Pomsky?

I'm really considering getting one for my apartment.

Now that its already bumped, Does anyone have a Pomsky?

I'm really considering getting one for my apartment.

A few things:

Most "Pomskies" you see on the internet aren't real. They're usually a baby husky, or a klee kai or that infamous picture of a "pomsky" that some moron posted on the internet a few years back with the pomsky caption is actually a Finnish Lapphund.

A husky and a pomeranian physically can't mate. Any "pomsky" that is bred would likely have to be done through artificial insemination.

Thirdly, if there is actually anymore who breeds "pomskies", this person is an abomination of a human being. Cross-breeding dogs takes years and years of screening dogs for certain traits and temperaments--a pomsky is a fad dog that, if bred, may have serious health issues and behavioral issues.

TL:DR: Don't get a pomsky because they're not real and you're going to get scammed.

Last edited:
Son did you really bump a thread from February of last year? :rofl:

Lol, well I remember reading this and similar husky threads over the years so I didnt want to make a brand new one.

Was that one pup making all that noise!?? hayzeus

Last edited:
A few things:

Most "Pomskies" you see on the internet aren't real. They're usually a baby husky, or a klee kai or that infamous picture of a "pomsky" that some moron posted on the internet a few years back with the pomsky caption is actually a Finnish Lapphund.

A husky and a pomeranian physically can't mate. Any "pomsky" that is bred would likely have to be done through artificial insemination.

Thirdly, if there is actually anymore who breeds "pomskies", this person is an abomination of a human being. Cross-breeding dogs takes years and years of screening dogs for certain traits and temperaments--a pomsky is a fad dog that, if bred, may have serious health issues and behavioral issues.

TL:DR: Don't get a pomsky because they're not real and you're going to get scammed.
My bad bro
frown.gif

Thats sad as hell.

I'll look into the Alaskan Klee Kai because I want a small version of a husky looking dog. One that can mess around with the shih tzus we have at home.

Back
Top Bottom