Any tips on preparing to move out your parent's crib? vol.desperation(read my 2nd post)

So I finally got a new job(min. wage
eyes.gif
) and I can actually start thinkingabout leaving this hell hole, anyone have any preparation tips?($$, sit down w/parents etc.)

O yeah, I'm in the NYC area and I'm trying to get out around July,December the latest.....

If youre trying to move out on min wage, you'd better SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! EVERY LAST PENNY!

my tip....stay at home and get a better job...minimum wage and trying to live on your own in NYC??? youre crazy

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

my tip....stay at home and get a better job...minimum wage and trying to live on your own in NYC??? youre crazy

couldn't have said it better.

without much experience, I doubt I'm going to get a better paying job, but I don't mind struggling at first, as long as I'm out. Plus I'mthrowing parties and doing photgraphy with my boy on the side. No type of short term investments that might make it a LITTLE easier?

Save every penny, don't buy things you don't need, and set an amount needed to move out.

The amount needed is basically the rent, utilities and bills, essentials(towels, toilet paper, light fixtures, couch, chairs, toothbrush, soap, etc.).

Then you should take this amount and multiply it by 3 or 4.

When you reach this amount, you'll have enough money to basically be prepared to move-out.

The reason for multiplying by 3 or 4 is because you can never calculate a price or the amount of something you never expected.

Good Luck.

Originally Posted by FreshProduct

couldn't have said it better.

Yeah where are you planning on moving to? If you're seriously working 40 hrs/week at minimum wage you're not going to be able to afford to liveanywhere that doesn't require a kevlar vest.

laugh.gif

This is one time you should actually listen to NT. Cause you'll be running back to that "hell hole" quicker than you think.

--Learn to differentiate between needs and wants.
--Be financially ahead a minimum of 3 months. (3 months ahead in car payment, cell phone bill, etc...) 6 months is a better number.
--Grocery shopping for food > eating out everyday. This can save you a TON of cash.
--Learn to live w/o cable or w/o video games..(gotta have 1 of the 2 though) preferably I will take video games. If you can stretch your cash do both.

frown.gif
o lord, not even with the photo/party thing on the side? lol Thosebring in a nice little something too..

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Be financially ahead a minimum of 3 months. (3 months ahead in car payment, cell phone bill, etc...) 6 months is a better number.
--Grocery shopping for food > eating out everyday. This can save you a TON of cash.
--Learn to live w/o cable or w/o video games..(gotta have 1 of the 2 though) preferably I will take video games. If you can stretch your cash do both.

homie wont be able to afford rent on min wage let alone car payments and a cell phone bill...there will be NO WAY he could actually be ahead in payments.dude will be living check to check. and by "living" i meant eating nothing but ramen and pb&j and still struggling

homie wont be able to afford rent on min wage let alone car payments and a cell phone bill...there will be NO WAY he could actually be ahead in payments. dude will be living check to check. and by "living" i meant eating nothing but ramen and pb&j and still struggling

Some days he'll probably have to starve himself to conserve meals for whenhe REALLY needs it
roll.gif
tired.gif

roll.gif

homie wont be able to afford rent on min wage let alone car payments and a cell phone bill...there will be NO WAY he could actually be ahead in payments. dude will be living check to check. and by "living" i meant eating nothing but ramen and pb&j and still struggling

roll.gif
--I know. I typed all that stuff to prolly make him realize howdifficult it would be. I'm a manager for T-Mobile and gross a good 3g's a month and its already kinda hard. especially out here in Cali. San Diego btw.

There isn't a short term way to get into this kinda thing. You really have to organize and get yourself a better JO

Perhaps try to find a roommate? Rent is no joke, and with minimum wage it will be quite the struggle. I'm not particularly familiar with NY min. wage/rentprices, but from what I've heard - rent is high in any decent area. Even here, in Houston, minimum wage will have you struggling to live in thecrime-ridden apartment complexes.

Fortunately for me, my mother got married, moved in with her husband, and left me the crib.

Moving out on minimum wage in NYC is a no go. Hell I got friends making real money who ain't trying to pay to move out. Sit yo*%@% at home.

roll.gif
--I know. I typed all that stuff to prolly make him realize how difficult it would be. I'm a manager for T-Mobile and gross a good 3g's a month and its already kinda hard. especially out here in Cali. San Diego btw.

Getting by on 3K a month gross is basically impossible in manhattan at this point. Unless you find some weird sublet on like Avenue D or you're livingin Harlem or Washington heights. It's really just not a good idea. Stay with your parents until you're making enough to not have to struggle at firstif possible. NY rents will chew you up and spit you out quicker than you think. If your parents allow you to stay, then stay.

Back
Top Bottom