Any Tips? Thinking about starting a streetwear/sneaker blog...

What's up NT fam,

Been thinking about to start a sneaker/streetwear blog in my city (Toronto). I was wondering if any of yall had any pointers or advice you could give a brother on the come up. Any help would be appreciated.

Much love

Try to be innovative. It's a million shoe blogs out there. Have to find that one thing that makes people save your blog in their favorites tab. Perhaps a weekly contest of some sort that would entice new followers of your blog to return to your blog versus just leaving and never coming back. Just my 2 cents

There is already a lot of site/blogs/facebook groups out there, so you have to do something unique.

Do something for your city. Involve people in the city.

Release recap (what people were wearing, where the shoes are releasing, did they sell out, etc.)

Where to get what in the city.

Outlet/discount alert in the city.

Best spots in the city.

Recap, promote events.

I really feel like you need to involve people for your city/region to create a sort of circle of people where they can help eachother and se what's up in the "culture" in the city.

Try to be innovative. It's a million shoe blogs out there. Have to find that one thing that makes people save your blog in their favorites tab. Perhaps a weekly contest of some sort that would entice new followers of your blog to return to your blog versus just leaving and never coming back. Just my 2 cents
There is already a lot of site/blogs/facebook groups out there, so you have to do something unique.

Do something for your city. Involve people in the city.

Release recap (what people were wearing, where the shoes are releasing, did they sell out, etc.)

Where to get what in the city.

Outlet/discount alert in the city.

Best spots in the city.

Recap, promote events.

I really feel like you need to involve people for your city/region to create a sort of circle of people where they can help eachother and se what's up in the "culture" in the city.
I was mos def thinking about putting some up and coming streetwear brands on the blog, I think the lane my cousin and I are going towards is a general streetwear fashion blog with of course sneakers being an important part of it. I know a few people who could def help out along the way, but I would want to get the news about Toronto fashion out their on an international or atleast north american level.

Any pics of the clothes or type of fashion you want to incorporate into your blog?

Mayb carrying stuff that no one could get around would attract people. For example like the Nike asia line that has kicks with different colorways and different models that don't sell in North America.

Any pics of the clothes or type of fashion you want to incorporate into your blog?
This is a Vid/Lookbook of one line in Toronto, I don't have any pieces yet or contact with em but this is definately some place I would like to move into. 

!

As well as like the usual 10 deep, Supreme etc. But for right now I would def like to keep it Toronto and up and coming brands and labels

Mayb carrying stuff that no one could get around would attract people. For example like the Nike asia line that has kicks with different colorways and different models that don't sell in North America.
For sure. Would definitely have to contact some cousins and fam out in the phillipines or hong kong and Japan...thanks for the suggestion.

Other brands would be like LL and raised by wolves to name a few...out of Toronto

A lot of people already operating  in this space. Distinguish yourself or you'll be an afterthought just like most of the rest.

Consistency.
Lots and lots of content.
Boatload of pictures and SHORT videos.
Maneuverable website!!!!!!!
IMPORTANT Details ONLY

I only browsed 3 fashion blogs...one was by those two guys...you probably know the one.
The other was by a guy who was working on his OWN brand.
Can't remember the third one.

Anyways, good luck. You're entering an over-saturated market, but if you find a way to separate yourself $$.

you are 8 years too late

whats going to make me want to check your site over the established sites already such as hypebeast, complex , etc...:rolleyes

Thanks for the ideas. I do believe consistancy is key. I think one thing that will set us apart is the up and coming talen thats in the Toronto/GTA area. Not to say we get pushed away from other fashion high cities, but we def don't get the credit we necessarily deserve. Also I would just want to simply get the word out there of what this city has to offer in terms of the talen it's producing. I have a couple buddies who are in fashion/working towards a line. Documentation of that stuff would be dope imo, theres not a lot of people really showing the come up of these brands. Also video's is one thing me and my cousin (partner) have discussed. It something we think would make a large impact in terms of the traffic flow and popularity of the blog. But please do keep feeding me with ideas! 

As well, if there's anyone on NT who does have an up and coming brand or is look for an outlet for their fashion I would be happy to work with people around the way. 

Much love fam.

Back
Top Bottom