Any Ubuntu/Linux users?

I've been using Ubuntu (11.04 Natty Narwhal).
And I've got to say, I'm starting to like it better than Windows 7 and Mac OSX.

It took a little getting used to (still getting used to it and learning commands as I go) But it's pretty cool and I've read there's only about 100 or so known viruses for Linux

And since you're rarely logged in as ROOT the chance that a virus can modify your registry are slim.

Any other Linux/Ubuntu users out there? 

pimp.gif

It took a little getting used to (still getting used to it and learning commands as I go) But it's pretty cool and I've read there's only about 100 or so known viruses for Linux

And since you're rarely logged in as ROOT the chance that a virus can modify your registry are slim.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Lol if I could run EXE files and games with no emulators I would use Ubuntu only

Could be a minor crutch for linux.
But couldn't you just use "wine"?

Lol if I could run EXE files and games with no emulators I would use Ubuntu only

Originally Posted by thacapt

pimp.gif
lol wut?

also, install gentoo.

pimp.gif
lol wut?

also, install gentoo.

Wine sucks. You are better of creating a VM to run windows applications. Ubuntu is cool and offers a lot of power options and there are a lot of good open-source software options out there but the lack of a real mediaplayer (rhythmbox and amarok etc.. all suck) and poor flash compatibility (adobes fault) makes it hard to use as a normal OS.

Heres some websites though that i frequently visisted when I still used Ubuntu

www.webupd8.org
www.omgubuntu.co.uk

Wine sucks. You are better of creating a VM to run windows applications. Ubuntu is cool and offers a lot of power options and there are a lot of good open-source software options out there but the lack of a real mediaplayer (rhythmbox and amarok etc.. all suck) and poor flash compatibility (adobes fault) makes it hard to use as a normal OS.

www.webupd8.org
www.omgubuntu.co.uk

Originally Posted by sn00pee

pimp.gif
lol wut?

also, install gentoo.
what in the world is that?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sn00pee

pimp.gif
lol wut?

also, install gentoo.
what in the world is that?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

www.webupd8.org
www.omgubuntu.co.uk
Thanks for the sites man!

they can miss me with that Unity *#$!**$%
I would switch over but:
a) i actually paid for windows 7 (
30t6p3b.gif
) so i'll be using it till they stop supporting it
b) i dont think a lot of my games will work with wine
c) i dont get viruses so i wouldn't switch to Ubuntu or any other distro just because of that

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

www.webupd8.org
www.omgubuntu.co.uk
Thanks for the sites man!

I would switch over but:
30t6p3b.gif
c) i dont get viruses so i wouldn't switch to Ubuntu or any other distro just because of that

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

I would switch over but:
30t6p3b.gif
Yeah I hardly got viruses when I used windows a lot as well.
The only time I use windows (dual boot) is when I download boxing fights (I already have a huge library of boxing fights and too lazy to learn how to transfer them over to ubuntu) or when I play rift.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

I would switch over but:
30t6p3b.gif
Yeah I hardly got viruses when I used windows a lot as well.
The only time I use windows (dual boot) is when I download boxing fights (I already have a huge library of boxing fights and too lazy to learn how to transfer them over to ubuntu) or when I play rift.

Unity is still buggy for me, plus I think it's ugly and I wasn't adjusting, so I still use the classic desktop.

I switched because my XP died a few years ago and I've been pretty happy with it overall. Other than there not being a perfect music player, I don't really miss Windows. Not being able to play Netflix does suck, but not the end of the world.

Unity is still buggy for me, plus I think it's ugly and I wasn't adjusting, so I still use the classic desktop.

I switched because my XP died a few years ago and I've been pretty happy with it overall. Other than there not being a perfect music player, I don't really miss Windows. Not being able to play Netflix does suck, but not the end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom