Anybody ever buy a Used car "As Is"

Im looking at buying this used acura integra 99 with 106xxx miles on it. Car fax came out clean with only one accident in 2006. The only thing is the dealer isselling it "as is" no warranty no nothing, and its making me a bit uncomfortable.

Anybody have any experiences buying a used car as is and how was your experience. any tips? Help me out guys, i don't want to get ripped off on my firstcar.

Lol I bought my car with the check engine light on.
laugh.gif

lol, is it still going or did u have to repair?

I wouldnt do it. I did that almost 3 yrs ago and the amount of money I spent of repairs every month, I could have just brought a decent car.

that'a how a lot of used cars are sold.
how much does they want??
just bring a a mechanic or someone who knows about cars with you.

If you have any family/friends who know cars, I'd ask them to check it out. Personally, I always get warranties on all my purchases. Maybe if you haggledown the price a thousand or so, buy it if you like it. Then you will have some cash to put to repairs.

that'a how a lot of used cars are sold.
how much does they want??
just bring a a mechanic or someone who knows about cars with you.
They want 4500 for the car.

yea ima bring somebody that knows alot about cars but he's not a mechanic.

Does he know he to inspect the engine, suspension, body and electronics? This is very important.

Does he know he to inspect the engine, suspension, body and electronics? This is very important.
My pops knows him and says he does, My pops is coming with me, the car is in Jersey i'm in NYC. But i just found a local mechanic right by thedealer so I will prob take it there and get it checked out. i'll pay the extra hundred to ease my mind a bit.

Although doubtful, the car may very well be fine for now. It's just not sound to put a warranty on a car with that much mileage and/or that old.Personally, I think that sounds like a lot of money for that car with that much mileage.

I'm looking to buy a used car too

I'm looking at a 2000 honda accord LX coupe
about 70 thousand miles...what you guys think I should pay for something like that?

I bought a 2001 Focus (fail) from somebody off of Craigslist almost 2 years ago and the car was a good price for it's miles.

Just to be sure, I took the car to a mechanic shop and had them inspect the car for $90 to let me know of any possible dangers. They told me about 2 problems(which I already knew) and I bought the car.

Two years later, instead of having a great sound system and other mods in place, I have dropped about $2000 on new springs, struts, fuel pump, just about everyproblem possible.

Cliffnotes - get somebody to look at it who you can hurt in case they screw you over.

Back
Top Bottom