Anybody Got Their GED?

Was it harder finding a job?
Do you get paid well?

Are you going to college or tradeschool/apprenticeship program?

My girl been tellin me to do online classes to get my diploma but I just don't have the time with the job and stuff.

I do plan on going to a tradeschool (ATI) for HVAC/r. 

Do you get paid well?

My girl been tellin me to do online classes to get my diploma but I just don't have the time with the job and stuff.

Originally Posted by thacapt

Do you get paid well?

Got mines. Right now I'm in college wit two more semesters to go.

Originally Posted by thacapt

Do you get paid well?

Got mines. Right now I'm in college wit two more semesters to go.

I thought if you did well enough on the GED you would get a High School diploma equivalent? Anyways best option for you OP is to get your GED from your local CC and try to obtain a scholarship or something to continue into getting your bachelors or associates.

I thought if you did well enough on the GED you would get a High School diploma equivalent? Anyways best option for you OP is to get your GED from your local CC and try to obtain a scholarship or something to continue into getting your bachelors or associates.

Yea, I have one.

Wish I would've dropped out sooner and got it because the test was easy as %%#! and I knew I wasn't going to college.

Didn't really need the GED being as I'm self employed but whatever, it seemed like a good idea to take it at the time.

Yea, I have one.

Wish I would've dropped out sooner and got it because the test was easy as %%#! and I knew I wasn't going to college.

Didn't really need the GED being as I'm self employed but whatever, it seemed like a good idea to take it at the time.

Real life...

I never really understood what a GED was, just knew it was for people who didn't graduate HS

Real life...

I never really understood what a GED was, just knew it was for people who didn't graduate HS

Originally Posted by marion706

yea

unemployed
that
frown.gif

I don't have a diploma nor GED, and I make $15+ a hr, I damn sure not proud of it and its not where I want to be, I dropped out on the 12th grade to start making money and I been grinding ever since 07, I'm 21 now, with a 1 year old son bur I know for sure I gotta build a strong steady foundation for him, because I live on the wire and if I fall I have nothing to catch me. Even though I got where I am today from being a very intelligent individual, I know if I had put the same time and hard work in the books I would have a degree and be making double what I am now.

I'm 21, never sold drugs, no drink or smoke and I carry myself the way I want to be seen to get where I need to be.

But my road to success has just begun.

I don't have a diploma nor GED, and I make $15+ a hr, I damn sure not proud of it and its not where I want to be, I dropped out on the 12th grade to start making money and I been grinding ever since 07, I'm 21 now, with a 1 year old son bur I know for sure I gotta build a strong steady foundation for him, because I live on the wire and if I fall I have nothing to catch me. Even though I got where I am today from being a very intelligent individual, I know if I had put the same time and hard work in the books I would have a degree and be making double what I am now.

I'm 21, never sold drugs, no drink or smoke and I carry myself the way I want to be seen to get where I need to be.

But my road to success has just begun.

I knew a few kids who were smart as shht but dropped out and got there GED, because they hated highschool or had to provide for them selves and work. Most of them earned there college degree 1-2 years earlier than they would have staying in HS. After a assoc. degree or 4  year degree your high school career doesn't even matter.

I knew a few kids who were smart as shht but dropped out and got there GED, because they hated highschool or had to provide for them selves and work. Most of them earned there college degree 1-2 years earlier than they would have staying in HS. After a assoc. degree or 4  year degree your high school career doesn't even matter.

Got my GED went to a juco got my AA now in the process of getting my BA. I'm doing better than/just as good as a lot of ppl I went to with h.s. with but by no means am "I living the life". Only thing I kinda regret is not experiencing the away from home "college life".

Got my GED went to a juco got my AA now in the process of getting my BA. I'm doing better than/just as good as a lot of ppl I went to with h.s. with but by no means am "I living the life". Only thing I kinda regret is not experiencing the away from home "college life".

I got my GED and still in school. If you wanna continue for a higher education do it. I'm on the process of getting in a Radiology program. #feelsgoodman BTW take your SAT too.

Back
Top Bottom