anybody listen to Christian Rap?

i know it may be a shot in the dark....

recently listened to an album by this cat called "Flame"

was bored and decided to give it a spin...i was quite amazed actually...this dude has dope production and isn't that bad of a rapper at all...in facthe's actually quite a talented writer and has got a nice flow.

always thought christian rap would be corny and whatnot but this dude made me curious and i was able to get my hands on other albums by dudes like Lecrae,Phanatik, Braille...they are all pretty dope.

would anybody like to give some suggestions as to who else is nice?

Soloman Jabez FTW

http://cdbaby.com/cd/solomanjabez

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

theres this cat i heard from BPT CT name B rightous or some thing like that he has a myspace dude is the truth when it comes to the word and rapping hes likethe nas/ Rakim of Christian Rap

LeCrae is dope.

picked up a Cross Movement album

wow!!!! the album i picked up was History: Our place In His Story.

very dope. can't stop playing it!!!

Originally Posted by meka dizzo

seem like da christian rapper b spittin harder than the commer. dudes

word man. theres this cat "The Tonic" thats part of the cross movement group that is serious. honestly has one of the nicest flows i've heardin a long time. spitting multi's and flowing over the beat like its nothing!!

its refreshing to hear cats doing music with a positive message and praising God
happy.gif

I was just going to say i listen to GRITS, they are extremely nice with the lyrics!!
Listen to the material that they put out back in 98, amazing!

Cross Movement's c.d. 'House of Representatives' is awesome. The song 'Off the Hook' (on House of Representatives) brings me to tears everytime I play it. I just can't believe... He did that.
frown.gif
For me, man...
ohwell.gif
... like I'm somebody special or something.

A guy I used to always look out for (but then he kind of fell off) was Knowdaverbs. He appeared with grits a lot, and I think he's on like all of theiralbums (mainly because he's a gotee Records guy, and that's grits' recording label).

For me, though, Cross Movement is deep and powerful, and all other Christian rappers are shallow, and more focused on the sound. Cross Movement's lyricsare basically a combination of a sermon, a history lesson, beats, and a song.

My dude is putting me on to some. He was playing someone named "Trip Lee" yesterday and it had really good production.

PUSHA x Vinsanity:
Ska in the Music Forum...
eek.gif
eek.gif

Simple reason why I'm seldom in here: I can't stand rap music or hip-hop today.
laugh.gif

I used to be split right between rap and rock in high school, and I always had a very balanced blend of c.d.s from both genres. Today? It's definitely safeto say that I've given up the rap c.d.s, and it's really all about rock/alternative c.d.s now.

Rap is freaking terrible right now. Like someone already said in this thread (and I COMPLETELY agree with it): a lot of the Christian rappers out are far moretalented than a lot of the secular rappers. Every Christian rapper mentioned in here so far, I would take any of them over any secular rapper with'Lil' or 'Young' in front of his name. Or 'Souljah'.

^ For me, I'm not one to judge someone else's character. So I'm not going to say 'If they're a Christian, and they're a rap artist,then they're a Christian rapper.'

For me, it's just the content of their lyrics; no more, no less. Heck, if freaking Wu released a song about God and having some life-changing, spiritualexperience, I would personally call that a Christian rap song.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

PUSHA x Vinsanity:
Ska in the Music Forum...
eek.gif
eek.gif
Simple reason why I'm seldom in here: I can't stand rap music or hip-hop today.
laugh.gif

I used to be split right between rap and rock in high school, and I always had a very balanced blend of c.d.s from both genres. Today? It's definitely safe to say that I've given up the rap c.d.s, and it's really all about rock/alternative c.d.s now.

Rap is freaking terrible right now. Like someone already said in this thread (and I COMPLETELY agree with it): a lot of the Christian rappers out are far more talented than a lot of the secular rappers. Every Christian rapper mentioned in here so far, I would take any of them over any secular rapper with 'Lil' or 'Young' in front of his name. Or 'Souljah'.

yeah thats why im trying to expand to other things and gave these Christian rappers a try. while there are some rappers out there rapping about real thingsand real issues, most of them are garbage and im sick of hearing about the same thing over and over.

Back
Top Bottom