Anyone attend UMich?

How's social life/people/environment there?

I'm considering attending because of the business program which is top 10, but I'm worried that the environment/people might not fit me since I'm from Cali.
Any thoughts? thanks

Two words: Hash Bash.

You'll fit right in
laugh.gif

I don't attend, but I visit all the time. I'll probably attend Winter semester next year.

It's honestly a really fun city. There's stuff there for every type of person. Very liberal, so wild stuff happens a lot, but all very fun and interesting. The FOB asians prob won't eff with you, but everyone is pretty chill, although it is competitive. You'd definitely have fun if you come OP.

Oh yeah, Hash Bash is the %**
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

got a few friends who go there, pretty much one of the best colleges to attend.

My cousin goes there, he's in a frat and he's having the time of his life. From what he tells me Greek life is overwhelming there though, they basically run the school so if that isn't for you then you might want to look elsewhere. I suggest you look into it though, I never thought I was going to join a frat until rush came around and I actually saw what it was like.

People there have an "I'm better than you because I go to U of M" type attitude and it drives me nuts. There's a lot of snobs, and people with daddy's credit card there.

With that said, parties are always cool (mostly free
pimp.gif
), game days are INSANE, and if you're visiting from another school people are generally pretty cool unless you're wearing green and white. The city has tons to do, but along with that comes outrageous rent prices. My friend paid more to live in a 2 bedroom apt with 3 total girls than I did to live in a 5 bedroom townhouse with 4 guys at Central.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

My cousin goes there, he's in a frat and he's having the time of his life. From what he tells me Greek life is overwhelming there though, they basically run the school so if that isn't for you then you might want to look elsewhere. I suggest you look into it though, I never thought I was going to join a frat until rush came around and I actually saw what it was like.
Really? I know the frats are a semi-strong presence, but they don't really "run" the school at all. I'm on campus a lot, they're really not a HUGE deal. UM AA basically makes it so that you can go as hard and as deep in any community within the University that you want to be.

If you're from Cali, why not just go to one of the UC's or USC Marshall? I know Haas and Anderson (Berkeley & UCLA) are ranked pretty high as well.

i got rejected from la, still waiting on cal (comes out thursday), but admittedly my chances are slim...it is my #1 choice though
i already got into umich with a good scholarship though, so thats why im considering it.

Damn man... props for getting into Michigan. Didn't feel like paying out of state tuition (50k total). Would have loved to have gone though. Mich is definitely a good school, it's a classy environment too. I don't think of them as snobs. You should go.

Going to Ohio State next fall which is still pretty damn exciting.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom