Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

If anyone’s looking for Topps Chrome and has basketball and prefers to trade, lmk.

I know the preference is basketball but I’d be willing to trade at retail value.

Good luck hunting today! Should be lots of restocks today since Pokemon releases today.

What is happening in the sports card market?

I purchased a couple of kobe PSA 10 rookie cards about two months ago for $700 a pop.

I just checked Ebay a few days ago and those cards are going for $4k or more.

Guess I got lucky.
Probably my biggest regret, was saving up for a BGS 10 but now it’s completely out of reach. Honestly, no one knew PSA 10 copies would explode up to $5k in a matter of weeks and I think the price will stay. Kobe has been undervalued for so long so we’re seeing market correction at its best.

I think his Score Board base Lower Merion Rookies will follow. Low population and it’s unique. Upperdeck were able to produce Lebron and Jordan college/HS cards until 2013 but I dont think Panini ever offered Kobe in high school uni’s.

His cheapest rookie card to date is still the UpperDeck Collectors choice. I think that card has massive room for growth as well.

who’s everyone targeting non playoff wise while prices are low/dipping?
I have a small Cam Reddish PC that I started during the bubble. I’m also going for RJB, Anfernee Simons and 1st year Optics.

I think Team color matching Prizms are gaining notice, so that may be the move for me if it’s discounted (Blue Prizm Barrett, Red Prizm Reddish/Hunter/Simons).

With the exception of 1st year Optics, these are all short term for me though, will flip the moment they have a stellar month.

9E4E2579-961B-4FD3-9666-5CD94807E432.jpeg

Congrats maldonado maldonado

know you’ve been searching for a while. Finally a hit.

Good luck NT. Chronicles is hopefully plentiful

Thanks my bro!

That’s what I’m talking about that’s how you do it

👊🏽👊🏽

I have a small Cam Reddish PC that I started during the bubble. I’m also going for RJB, Anfernee Simons and 1st year Optics.

I think Team color matching Prizms are gaining notice, so that may be the move for me if it’s discounted (Blue Prizm Barrett, Red Prizm Reddish/Hunter/Simons).

With the exception of 1st year Optics, these are all short term for me though, will flip the moment they have a stellar month.

9E4E2579-961B-4FD3-9666-5CD94807E432.jpeg
Dope! I started a Cam Reddish pc too.

Speaking of team color stuff I've made a point of pickin up as many red parallels and numbered Reddish cards as I can

Couple swoops:
Red prizm Mosaic
Screenshot_20200814-093020_Chrome.jpg

Red Phoenix /149
Screenshot_20200814-093122_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks my bro!

👊🏽👊🏽

Dope! I started a Cam Reddish pc too.

Speaking of team color stuff I've made a point of pickin up as many red parallels and numbered Reddish cards as I can

Couple swoops:
Red prizm Mosaic
Screenshot_20200814-093020_Chrome.jpg

Red Phoenix /149
Screenshot_20200814-093122_Chrome.jpg

Love that Red Mosaic bruh.Cam’s measurables is great and he was trending upwards. Higher than Trey (2 way wing player) if he reaches his potential.

I unloaded all my sports cards & comics pre-pandamic last year, held them for over 25 yrs and my son has zero interest in any material items

March 2019
Screenshot_20200814-152456.png

Now
Screenshot_20200814-152847~2.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: jjs
As much as I love the chrome, the greening issues have pushed many towards the Topps.

In a Slab, the Topps looks great.

Been awhile since I posted my pickups. Got my Psa graded cards in today along with two weeks mail pickups. Enjoy.

was Hoping for a psa 8 on the lebron but I may re sub it again. Shocked I got a 10 on the mahomes. That will stay in my collection forever.
My Luka collection starting to look real nice. At about 60 Luka Rookies to date. Pictured is what I’ve obtained in the past month. Except for the three psa 10 prizms I already had and the auto.
70CE3378-C3E7-4703-AEFD-AC5FD26905C0.jpeg
11FD0AAE-EE62-404F-A9A3-2CE0E169605E.jpeg
AECCB4B8-BA96-49FD-AB30-9DD1EDE224AF.jpeg
06E5DF4C-CBC9-4359-B770-FAAF607A7AFD.jpeg
2D8361C1-B60A-41BA-B774-068BB9E0C3AA.jpeg
2D8361C1-B60A-41BA-B774-068BB9E0C3AA.jpeg
3FFC97E5-DABD-4B62-BFF0-0B54B427DF54.jpeg
125C70CE-334E-4939-AA49-C958B59FBE10.jpeg
26B811FF-7149-4222-9733-83A2D21CFB97.jpeg

maldonado maldonado gone ghost on us - must be nice being rich

:lol:
nah man, my 2 year old had a small procedure yesterday and I passed out w/ him after it since we were both up the previous night

Surprisingly I havent even touched any packs yet lol

Been awhile since I posted my pickups.

60 Luka's?!
FLAMES my bro

btw - I got that Luminance PSA 10 in yesterday - for a lower end rookie it looks great in-hand

retail card experience has turned into sneaker release day lines

the only part is no guarantee the vendor is stocking that day (unless you got insider intel)

Curious when Wally World’s And Target’s will just tell fools like that to wait outside or change procedures if people start to become a nuisance? They’re literally taking up a checkout line and chilling there with a chair lol.

Never camped for shoes, and I will be damned to do it for cards. My time is more valuable than trying sitting there for hours. Some teenager crap right there.

Curious when Wally World’s And Target’s will just tell fools like that to wait outside or change procedures if people start to become a nuisance? They’re literally taking up a checkout line and chilling there with a chair lol.

Never camped for shoes, and I will be damned to do it for cards. My time is more valuable than trying sitting there for hours. Some teenager crap right there.
Agree. I’d feel like such a ******* sitting there. Always felt the same way about shoes too. I’m a grown man for Christ’s sake. Don’t have time to sit and wait for cards at a ****ing Walmart. There’s thousands of other things I’d rather be doing . :lol:

Back
Top Bottom