Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

My local McDonalds makes you buy the Happy Meal. I've seen dudes buy boxes direct from McDonalds of just the packs. Crazy.

Anyway, pulled a Holo Pikachu lol. Not bad.

85EEC721-12EE-4B51-B98D-2926D43A4B72.jpeg Couple hoops pulls from 15 or so packs today. Opened 1 pack of optic which was a bust

85EEC721-12EE-4B51-B98D-2926D43A4B72.jpeg Couple hoops pulls from 15 or so packs today. Opened 1 pack of optic which was a bust

Nice, where'd you score?

Seeing some reports of Targets starting to limit folks to 3 of each sku. Self checkout not letting you grab more than 3. My Target normally limits to just 1 product so this would allow me more lol

My target didn't have **** so I wasn't able to test it out

3553B21E-BB5C-44FB-AC9F-CBDC9DA91419.jpeg
They just put these up today and was told that if u scan more than 3 of the same sku, it won’t even scan and employee will come to checkout register. Vendor didn’t even show up today either smh. I know for a fact there’s a lot of product sitting in the back

Nice, where'd you score?

Seeing some reports of Targets starting to limit folks to 3 of each sku. Self checkout not letting you grab more than 3. My Target normally limits to just 1 product so this would allow me more lol

My target didn't have **** so I wasn't able to test it out

local shop. I’ve got a hobby of topps coming whenever they decide to ship. Probably done until optic basketball after that.

I saw Topps kept their prices the same but upped their print run

3553B21E-BB5C-44FB-AC9F-CBDC9DA91419.jpeg
They just put these up today and was told that if u scan more than 3 of the same sku, it won’t even scan and employee will come to checkout register. Vendor didn’t even show up today either smh. I know for a fact there’s a lot of product sitting in the back

Yup, this exactly what I was tambout. Pretty sure this is being implemented at all Targets, based on what they told me

Its weird, i checked a bunch of stores today and the vendors didn't show up at any of the Targets.

One Target told me they haven't even able to get ahold of their vendor to put the stuff out so they could only sell me 1, which I'm used anyway..

Had my girl with me so grabbed couple these. They didn't have any other skus of this, were out of Hoops Premium. Just this and Playbook
20210211_154006.jpg

local shop. I’ve got a hobby of topps coming whenever they decide to ship. Probably done until optic basketball after that.

I saw Topps kept their prices the same but upped their print run
Thats wassup

I saw some Topps 2021 cellos at WM this morning but that was all they had

Call me old, but I can’t mess with digital cards (at least at the moment 😂). Not my thing at all and I’m not even deep in the hobby.

you cant but i can, flip them to get the real cards you want
9C8FA527-0923-4C23-869F-4BB8509BA2EA.png

use my referral if anything I gain nothing from it but rep

my advice is buy a whole bunch of 3 to 5 dollar cards like coby white or Jimmy Butler way undervalued now

Was able to get a $9 common pack from Top Shot today. Pulled a #5 overall from a weak player, but because of the super low # it should go for $500+. Also pulled a really cool Giannis but because it’s a high number it’s like $15 right now. I’ll hold onto that one if it doesn’t go up much, I’d rather own it than sell for so low.

My best friend bought his first pack and pulled a Zion ($30+), and my brother pulled a low number Lonzo Ball ($30-40) and a couple Bradley Beals ($7). Not bad for $9 packs.

I hope one of my rarer cards sells soon, I’ll turn around and invest it in some players that I like more.

Reactions: g14
g14 g14 Dang bro, how do you have so many moments? Did you just buy a lot from the marketplace? Lots of star players that you probably bought on the low and will just go up and up, I like it!

Just saw your Lebron LE, beautiful. Did you pull that in a pack??

Last edited:
Reactions: g14
I've got a few nice sets in a box under my bed - which feels a bit pointless. Anyone got any good ideas for displaying them? Obviously don't want to damage the cards but looking at them once a decade doesn't feel worth keeping them.

g14 g14 Dang bro, how do you have so many moments? Did you just buy a lot from the marketplace? Lots of star players that you probably bought on the low and will just go up and up, I like it!

Just saw your Lebron LE, beautiful. Did you pull that in a pack??

I bought 2 cool cats pack $14 each and pulled a $350 Derek Jones Junior black on LeBron James & a $250
Devin booker moment sold them both and bought plenty of $1-$10 moments.

I also bought $125 luka and $60 zion/ja’s
That are now way cheaper since the market is down now but slowly climbing back up.. so my advice buy those moments now..
Tyler Herro moment what is under $15 was 25 to $30 when I bought it also so my advice buy those type of cars now to while they’re low..

yeah I got lucky and pulled that LeBron out of $14 cool cat pack release

but there was a few packs release lately I didn’t get too much heat but I got enough to make my money back not in the hundreds but when the market warms back up I’m Gucci lol

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/investing/baseball-cards-markets/index.html

If there are any legends you're debating on picking up their cards....do it now. It's about get ignorant.

Oh and a sidenote for any Kobe fan's out there his Bowman's Best RC in a PSA 9 is a great buy right now. A 10 sold at auction last night for 6.1k with multiple other auctions sitting above 5k. But his 9's can still be had in the $800-$900 range as of yesterday.

Chrome card with half the pop of the Topps paper base.

Last edited:
Seems like Walmart typically restocks on fridays?

The last time I scored at a WM it was on a Friday couple weeks ago. The next week, same time/place, nothing.

For a lot of locations there's no such thing as typical. These vendors switch things up sometimes as much as week to week. Some vendors only come in every other week.

The spots that have the same restock every week will most likely have a lot of people up on that fact

Anyone have an nba hoops hanger or two they want to get rid of? Shoot me a PM. I'd rather buy off you guys than ebay

only time ive seen retail was single packs of prizm draft picks. i’ve grown bored of wasting gas and time so i caved in and bought two fat packs of 2020 nba hoops on ebay (25 each plus shipping but idc yolo)

That teal explosion Lamelo hoops is doing numbers. I’ve only seen two so far though but last time I looked it was at $400 with 2 days left

Wasted a lot of time this week trying to find product and I went to grab some stuff at target and saw the vendor. LOTS of product but strict on limits. Line was about 25 deep and he never goes on this day or time which is odd.

38F05CDD-60AA-429B-83D2-4740643C5C93.jpeg

lmao me too man

Only thing I scooped was some 20-21 Hoops cellos and 1 Optic football cello

Nice scoop, sometimes those random store runs pay off more than when Im actually putting in effort

maldonado maldonado fact. I wasted about 6+ hrs this week making store runs all over and got nothing. I felt defeated and gave up. Ran to target to get stuff for the crib and saw the vendor pushing the u-boat loaded with about 12-15 boxes.Dude made me wait until he was completely done putting on shelf. In that hours time,, more than 25 people showed up. I’m happy I was able to grab what I did but I could have cooooked if he didn’t make me wait. I had bodies on deck lol

My Mike Yastrzemski rainbow PC from 2020 Topps Chrome and Topps Update Silver Packs. Doubt I’ll find the last two cards in Chrome (red parallel and superfractor) and the Update (superfractor).

Started working on a Yaz rainbow in 2021 Topps Series 1.

Attachments

• BB1388D2-8F19-4B95-9F04-669F811537E3.jpeg
    BB1388D2-8F19-4B95-9F04-669F811537E3.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 132B76AD-D242-413A-A921-E4717FA0B313.jpeg
    132B76AD-D242-413A-A921-E4717FA0B313.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom