Anyone ditch cable/satalite and still able to watch shows?

NT,

I am fed up with Directv and their ever increasing fees. Cable is even worse. I wanna get rid of it and still be able to enjoy HD quality live shows. Isthere an alternative? Let me know!!

Bootleg satellite

Illegal cable

Watching your fav shows on the internet........ illegally.

Internet my man. Find a site that has your show. Often networks stream the show on their websites now.

Which could lead to more fees for internet as these providers are losing out on advertising fees since people are turning to the net
smh.gif

i don't know about live shows but hooking up a laptop to your HDTV and using hulu or the network websites would be an option

im bout to ditch time warner.. Direct Tv were suppose to be here to install yesterday, but some about they were busy and they will do it on Friday..

they better hurry up though, my cable bill is due already.

i have to check my Direct TV .. I have direct bill and I never see the bill so I'm sure they are hitting me up big time ...

before that I had bunny ears on my HD tv and I was able to pick up a few local channels that look like HD .. so yes ... however, your selection will be like5-9 local channels only ..

A NT posted about a box that steals satellite signals and it's legal.
If anyone knows about this hook it up.

My uncle and aunts had a black box satellite, omg. Heaven. Everything was there, PPVs, sports, you name it. All on a glorious big screen. Not sure how it worksthese days, that was back in the day when you had the network card or whatever for the boxes

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Halftime718

A NT posted about a box that steals satellite signals and it's legal.

If anyone knows about this hook it up.
huh?
nerd.gif

FTA- Free To Air
Is FTA still poppin? There hasn't been any new files for my viewsat. Sucks because I used to get all the boxing or whatever events free, nowthat viewsat is out I have to pay to watch ppv events.

^^^ yea my fta has been down for months. There's a way to get it back up tho using ur internet modem and another box I believe

yeah what happend to that fta run? i threw that out there thinking it was just my box that had to be reformatted.

it's like ever since that whole switch to digital thing, my box stopped working, and i can't find any new files

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nawth21

My uncle and aunts had a black box satellite, omg. Heaven. Everything was there, PPVs, sports, you name it. All on a glorious big screen. Not sure how it works these days, that was back in the day when you had the network card or whatever for the boxes
Yeah that still works, it's really great like you mentioned but expensive. Im not saying its 1k, but its too much for the average person whothinks it'll be cheap like the OG black box back in the day that was cheap
pimp.gif

But op, Why not just plug your cable line into your TV? It's free and you'll get HD fox,nbc,cbs,abc, etc. bet, tbs, and a couple of other channels workas well.
You dont have to pay anything except pay a connection fee or w/e if you dont have a working cable line in your house...I'm pretty sure comcast covers it ifyou start up new and just pay the first month for basic/cheapest plan and than cancel after a month and than I could hook you up with the internet
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

Originally Posted by Nawth21

My uncle and aunts had a black box satellite, omg. Heaven. Everything was there, PPVs, sports, you name it. All on a glorious big screen. Not sure how it works
these days, that was back in the day when you had the network card or whatever for the boxes
Yeah that still works, it's really great like you mentioned but expensive. Im not saying its 1k, but its too much for the average person who thinks it'll be cheap like the OG black box back in the day that was cheap
pimp.gif

But op, Why not just plug your cable line into your TV? It's free and you'll get HD fox,nbc,cbs,abc, etc. bet, tbs, and a couple of other channels work as well.
You dont have to pay anything except pay a connection fee or w/e if you dont have a working cable line in your house...

what box are you talking about, i want that!

i knew dude that worked for time warner cable company who sold me a chipped box for $250, dude ended up getting caught selling another box to some other dude.

then.., a couple of weeks later my box stopped working. as if the twc found the signal i was stealing through the box and blocked it.

i have yet to find another cool twc guy to take a look at this box i still have

Back
Top Bottom