anyone else EVO4G battery life HORRIBLE since the last software update??

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

If you haven't done it, you should calibrate your battery.

explain?

let it die completely, wait a bit and then recharge it to 100% without using it during the charge.

dont know if there is proof that this actually works tho.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

I upgraded to the extended battery. Makes for a thicker phone, but it has helped quite a bit with battery life.

ive had the extended battery for like 8 months.. it used to last like 20 hours with alot of phone usage... since the last update it went down tremendously

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

I upgraded to the extended battery. Makes for a thicker phone, but it has helped quite a bit with battery life.

ive had the extended battery for like 8 months.. it used to last like 20 hours with alot of phone usage... since the last update it went down tremendously

get an extended battery or root it. Mine lasts about 1 day with heavy internet usage, and texts.

get an extended battery or root it. Mine lasts about 1 day with heavy internet usage, and texts.

My EVO won't even charge 
mad.gif

set CPU is all you need........Unless you are playing games, im sure you dont need it to run at full speed all day.

set CPU is all you need........Unless you are playing games, im sure you dont need it to run at full speed all day.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

cmon this is a cell phone not a computer you shouldnt have to put more work in on your phone than your pc to have it work right

cmon this is a cell phone not a computer you shouldnt have to put more work in on your phone than your pc to have it work right

Originally Posted by Bweibel5

My battery life is trash. God damn Sprint and taking away the annual upgrade for Premier members! I was banking on dumping this phone for a different one this September!
There was a post awhile back that had a link to a Sprint Forum where one of the Admins. was helping customers get their 1 year upgrade back.

My battery life is trash. God damn Sprint and taking away the annual upgrade for Premier members! I was banking on dumping this phone for a different one this September!
There was a post awhile back that had a link to a Sprint Forum where one of the Admins. was helping customers get their 1 year upgrade back.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Its not "more work"  its a simple application with 2 steps.......its not rocket science.
I can see if he didnt already know these phones had bad battery life, but im SURE he heard about it...........i simply offered him a remedy. (i also woulnt use those batteries, no telling how long they will actually last since its 3rd party)

Its not "more work"  its a simple application with 2 steps.......its not rocket science.
I can see if he didnt already know these phones had bad battery life, but im SURE he heard about it...........i simply offered him a remedy. (i also woulnt use those batteries, no telling how long they will actually last since its 3rd party)

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

You dont have to do all that, just let them know that you were expecting it when you call, an they will offer it to you. (this is what i did)  but you will only have until July 31st to use it. (im waiting to use it on the photon 4G, which comes out on the 31st)

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

You dont have to do all that, just let them know that you were expecting it when you call, an they will offer it to you. (this is what i did)  but you will only have until July 31st to use it. (im waiting to use it on the photon 4G, which comes out on the 31st)

I would say that it's more of a computer. What can a computer do that a cutting edge cell phone can't? Not very much. If you aren't willing to put in the work to optimize the phone for your usage, then don't bother getting one that has the capacity to perform tasks you don't need it to. And don't complain about it when "issues" like that were well known and documented well before your purchase. Get a flip phone if you really can't handle taking 5 minutes out of your day and downloading a simple underclocking application. Sell it to someone who can and keep it moving,
laugh.gif

The audacity of some people.
roll.gif

I would say that it's more of a computer. What can a computer do that a cutting edge cell phone can't? Not very much. If you aren't willing to put in the work to optimize the phone for your usage, then don't bother getting one that has the capacity to perform tasks you don't need it to. And don't complain about it when "issues" like that were well known and documented well before your purchase. Get a flip phone if you really can't handle taking 5 minutes out of your day and downloading a simple underclocking application. Sell it to someone who can and keep it moving,
laugh.gif

The audacity of some people.
roll.gif

they better not do this, I've gotten 4 refurbished evos and I'm done with this crap, wanting for September to probably get the photon 

they better not do this, I've gotten 4 refurbished evos and I'm done with this crap, wanting for September to probably get the photon 

Back
Top Bottom