Anyone else like watching Chopped on the Food Network?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
seen them all

Love this show...My brother and I always have a competition picking out who the winner will be...I always lose
indifferent.gif

Love this show, triple D (pause), Best Thing I Ever Ate, Meat & Potatoes...etc etc.

Love this show...My brother and I always have a competition picking out who the winner will be...I always lose
indifferent.gif

Love this show, triple D (pause), Best Thing I Ever Ate, Meat & Potatoes...etc etc.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

One of the best reality shows out....makes you appreciate the creativity that many chefs have.  The pressure of coming up with a tasty dish on the fly and in 30 minutes is fascinating to watch. 

Here's the full description from Wiki:

In each episode, four chefs compete. The show is divided into three rounds: Appetizer, Entrée and Dessert. In each round, the chefs are given a basket containing between three and five ingredients, and the dish each competitor prepares must contain each of those ingredients. Generally speaking, the ingredients are ones which are not commonly prepared together. For example, in "Yucca, Watermelon, Tortillas," the episode which originally aired on February 10, 2009, the appetizer course boxes contained watermelon, canned sardines, pepper jack cheese, and zucchini. The competitors are also given access to a pantry and refrigerator stocked with a wide variety of other ingredients. Each round has a time limit: twenty minutes for the Appetizer round (thirty minutes in some season one episodes), and thirty minutes for the Entrée and Dessert rounds (some episodes gave the chefs 40 or 45 in the entrée round to allow them to handle whole large poultry, e.g. turkeys, geese, or ducks; another gave the chefs fifty minutes in the dessert round). The chefs must cook their dishes and complete four platings (one for each judge plus one "beauty plate") before time runs out. After each round, the judges critique the dishes based on presentation, taste, and creativity. The judges then decide which chef is "chopped," who is then eliminated from the competition. Thus, by the dessert round, only two chefs remain. When deciding the winner, the judges consider not only the dessert course, but the entire meal presented by each chef as a whole. The winner receives $10,000.

Some of the ingredients that they use are new to me....some real off the wall stuff that the chefs have to find a way to make it work.  Anyways...I randomly stumbled across this show a few months back and I'm hooked.  It's pretty good TV. 

eek.gif
when they had the actual professional chefs that worked for Food network do the competition
They absolutely killed it compared to the normal professional chefs on the show

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

One of the best reality shows out....makes you appreciate the creativity that many chefs have.  The pressure of coming up with a tasty dish on the fly and in 30 minutes is fascinating to watch. 

Here's the full description from Wiki:

In each episode, four chefs compete. The show is divided into three rounds: Appetizer, Entrée and Dessert. In each round, the chefs are given a basket containing between three and five ingredients, and the dish each competitor prepares must contain each of those ingredients. Generally speaking, the ingredients are ones which are not commonly prepared together. For example, in "Yucca, Watermelon, Tortillas," the episode which originally aired on February 10, 2009, the appetizer course boxes contained watermelon, canned sardines, pepper jack cheese, and zucchini. The competitors are also given access to a pantry and refrigerator stocked with a wide variety of other ingredients. Each round has a time limit: twenty minutes for the Appetizer round (thirty minutes in some season one episodes), and thirty minutes for the Entrée and Dessert rounds (some episodes gave the chefs 40 or 45 in the entrée round to allow them to handle whole large poultry, e.g. turkeys, geese, or ducks; another gave the chefs fifty minutes in the dessert round). The chefs must cook their dishes and complete four platings (one for each judge plus one "beauty plate") before time runs out. After each round, the judges critique the dishes based on presentation, taste, and creativity. The judges then decide which chef is "chopped," who is then eliminated from the competition. Thus, by the dessert round, only two chefs remain. When deciding the winner, the judges consider not only the dessert course, but the entire meal presented by each chef as a whole. The winner receives $10,000.

Some of the ingredients that they use are new to me....some real off the wall stuff that the chefs have to find a way to make it work.  Anyways...I randomly stumbled across this show a few months back and I'm hooked.  It's pretty good TV. 

eek.gif
when they had the actual professional chefs that worked for Food network do the competition
They absolutely killed it compared to the normal professional chefs on the show

i watch top chef (even though i hate how much they dramatize the shots at the judges' table)

i watch top chef (even though i hate how much they dramatize the shots at the judges' table)

^
I heard the judges' could take around 10 hours to make an elimination decision and the contestants have to stay in that small back room the whole time.  That's ridiculous.  It shouldn't take that long to pick someone.

Chopped is good.  It's like a speedy version of Top Chef.  I don't understand how some chefs forget to add one of the ingredients though.  The last episode I watched 2 chefs left something out in 2 different rounds.  They must have never been line cooks because those dudes are stressed for time all the time.

^
I heard the judges' could take around 10 hours to make an elimination decision and the contestants have to stay in that small back room the whole time.  That's ridiculous.  It shouldn't take that long to pick someone.

Chopped is good.  It's like a speedy version of Top Chef.  I don't understand how some chefs forget to add one of the ingredients though.  The last episode I watched 2 chefs left something out in 2 different rounds.  They must have never been line cooks because those dudes are stressed for time all the time.

i get sucked into this show whenever its on. if i miss them opening a basket i get pissed
laugh.gif

i get sucked into this show whenever its on. if i miss them opening a basket i get pissed
laugh.gif

Yooo. I love watching this. I thought I was the only one. The tournament of champions was
pimp.gif
. When the judges did the show
pimp.gif

I like this better than Iron Chef America, since I read on Iron Chef America they actually tell the contestants like 4 or 5 possible secret ingredients beforehand, so they can prepare. And then when it's showtime, it's revealed.

Chopped = total surprise ingredients

Yooo. I love watching this. I thought I was the only one. The tournament of champions was
pimp.gif
. When the judges did the show
pimp.gif

I like this better than Iron Chef America, since I read on Iron Chef America they actually tell the contestants like 4 or 5 possible secret ingredients beforehand, so they can prepare. And then when it's showtime, it's revealed.

Chopped = total surprise ingredients

thought i was the only one.

dream job = being a judge on either this show or iron chef!

thought i was the only one.

dream job = being a judge on either this show or iron chef!

Back
Top Bottom