Anyone ever scratch your eyes with your contacts?

last year i slept with my contacts on after a night of partying and passing out..
next day woke up and my eyes were dry as hell, so i took out my contacts as soon as possible.

right after i took them out, my eyes started to burn. Doesn't matter whether I keep my eyes open or shut them, it HURT like hell
Became very sensitive to light, tearing up ALL day long, and the burn just never went away.

I gave up and went to see the eye doc, turns out I scratched the surface of my eyes.
Luckily the eyes are one of the fastest auto-recovering parts of your body, so it got better in like 2-3 days.
That burning pain had me
mad.gif

last year i slept with my contacts on after a night of partying and passing out..
next day woke up and my eyes were dry as hell, so i took out my contacts as soon as possible.

right after i took them out, my eyes started to burn. Doesn't matter whether I keep my eyes open or shut them, it HURT like hell
Became very sensitive to light, tearing up ALL day long, and the burn just never went away.

I gave up and went to see the eye doc, turns out I scratched the surface of my eyes.
Luckily the eyes are one of the fastest auto-recovering parts of your body, so it got better in like 2-3 days.
That burning pain had me
mad.gif

^^^ EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME THIS PAST NEW YEARS... WENT TO THE DR. AND THEY GAVE ME DROPS...AND TOLD ME TO WEAR GLASSES UNTIL MY EYES HEAL...BUT I DIDN'T HAVE ANY...SO I ENDED UP BUYING GLASSES THAT DAY...AND I'M STILL WAITING ON THEM....IN THE MEAN TIME...I'VE STILL BEEN WEARING MY CONTACTS...I JUST TAKE THEM OUT SOON AS I GET HOME AND USE THE DROPS AS MUCH AS I CAN...THE DROPS ARE AWESOME BTW...

^^^ EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME THIS PAST NEW YEARS... WENT TO THE DR. AND THEY GAVE ME DROPS...AND TOLD ME TO WEAR GLASSES UNTIL MY EYES HEAL...BUT I DIDN'T HAVE ANY...SO I ENDED UP BUYING GLASSES THAT DAY...AND I'M STILL WAITING ON THEM....IN THE MEAN TIME...I'VE STILL BEEN WEARING MY CONTACTS...I JUST TAKE THEM OUT SOON AS I GET HOME AND USE THE DROPS AS MUCH AS I CAN...THE DROPS ARE AWESOME BTW...

I quit contacts bc of all the irritation, I just use my glasses when I really need them
on a side note:  how the ladies treating you up PSU?  very jealous my time has passed

I quit contacts bc of all the irritation, I just use my glasses when I really need them
on a side note:  how the ladies treating you up PSU?  very jealous my time has passed

Never happened to me. I rarely wear my contacts. I only wear it usually during the weekends when I go out or see my boyfriend. The rest of the week I go to work rocking my glasses. So much easier than worrying about putting on my contacts or hating coming home super late and having to take em off before i throw myself into bed.

Never happened to me. I rarely wear my contacts. I only wear it usually during the weekends when I go out or see my boyfriend. The rest of the week I go to work rocking my glasses. So much easier than worrying about putting on my contacts or hating coming home super late and having to take em off before i throw myself into bed.

Originally Posted by leonard109

That burning pain had me
mad.gif

Taking them out so fast was your mistake. I always tell people that if you fall asleep in your contacts don't touch them for a while - wait until they are moving nicely and then take them out. If you do what you did you rip off the top layer of the cornea - it heals but it's really uncomfortable for a few days.

Originally Posted by leonard109

That burning pain had me
mad.gif

Taking them out so fast was your mistake. I always tell people that if you fall asleep in your contacts don't touch them for a while - wait until they are moving nicely and then take them out. If you do what you did you rip off the top layer of the cornea - it heals but it's really uncomfortable for a few days.

OP the EXACT same thing happened to me years ago, eventually had stop stop contacts altogether for a year. now I use contacts once in a while.

OP the EXACT same thing happened to me years ago, eventually had stop stop contacts altogether for a year. now I use contacts once in a while.

I have contacts that are supposed to be changed every month. The cleaning solution I use really cleanse my contacts because it needs 6 hours to clean or else
if I put them on my eyes will burn from the cleaning solution. Ever since my eyes were becoming very dry and itchy I switched up every day from my contacts to my glasses and my eyes feel alot better.

I have contacts that are supposed to be changed every month. The cleaning solution I use really cleanse my contacts because it needs 6 hours to clean or else
if I put them on my eyes will burn from the cleaning solution. Ever since my eyes were becoming very dry and itchy I switched up every day from my contacts to my glasses and my eyes feel alot better.

Originally Posted by DZaster

Glasses ftw
Each has its pro's and con's.

I especially hate when there's a scratch on the contact, makes it extremely uncomfortable and blurry...But contacts are so expensive
frown.gif

Glasses ftw

I especially hate when there's a scratch on the contact, makes it extremely uncomfortable and blurry...But contacts are so expensive
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Glasses ftw

frown.gif

SMH i be paying 30 bucks for a box.
I went to Cosco last time and got 5 boxes for 100 bucks.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Glasses ftw

frown.gif

SMH i be paying 30 bucks for a box.
I went to Cosco last time and got 5 boxes for 100 bucks.

I use to have itchy eye problems when I was in 1st grade.

It's the worst when you have an eye lash on your eyeball
sick.gif

I use to have itchy eye problems when I was in 1st grade.

It's the worst when you have an eye lash on your eyeball
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom