Anyone here ever attend FAU or FIU?

I crashed at FIU for a month it's a great school however most of the people I know that went there don't have a job in their field. Not sure why. The girls and the weather however at FIU is unbeatable. try UM though it's a better school!

Last edited:
UM is overrated and overpriced

I live a mile from FIU, I didnt go but I wish I did

Would have saved money

To me it is one of the best public schools in florida

Like every school it depends on what your major you are doing.

Law and business its rated one of the best.

BUt these days you can get your degree anywhere

FAU has issues with accreditation but even harvard had issues with that so idk

I plan on transferring to FIU in the fall and hopefully get in PA school my friend graduated with a degree in physical therapy and he's doing well in his field

my friend was an adjunct there for a while in their International Affairs program, hoping they would offer him a job, which never came (academia sucks), so i think he's doing foreign policy work (maybe intel?) with the Army, he commissioned last year...

he said it was an okay place...

Last edited:
Went there for a year. Ok school but you may lose some opportunities as its not regarded highly outside of south Florida. A lot of commuter and international students

The women at FIU defy explanation. The professors in my experience are all knowledgeable and helpful; some really smart folks.

South campus is beautiful and always lit :lol: I don't remember ever being there and not encountering at least 3 events going on.

North Campus (by Biscayne) is not so great to me (small, not as many people, awful commute, dorms suck) but there was a noticable difference in quality between my first and last year (I went for 4 years). The administration is clearly trying to improve the North Campus and it's working. The good thing about how small North was is that there was this high school feel--in a good way, meaning if your program is on that campus, everybody will know each other.

In my 4 years at FIU I alternated between North and South campus pretty much every other semester so I know both pretty well.

Pros:

1.The women. Can't stress that enough. Beautiful and intelligent

2. Professors are very smart and helpful. Some I considered to be ouright geniuses.

3. Beautiful campus (South)

4. Dorms are amazing

5. Lots of things and events going on.

6. Clubs are plentiful

7. There was a Gamestop in the student center; they removed it though

8. Arcade in the student center alongside game consoles

9. Lots of food options

10. FIU seems to have its hand in a lot of businesses/enterprises so you might get connected. Lots of employers went to FIU

11. Homecoming concert was :smokin every year. Great acts like Big Sean, Cudi, Lupe etc

Cons

1. Hot as hell. Walking around gigantic south campus in 95 degrees is not the wave b.

2. Crowds, if you're not into that.

3. North campus was whack and dead and the commute was trash. It's gotten better though

4. Despite the great dorms, it's more or less a commuter/international school. Most students didn't live on campus. It's dead on weekends.

5. Sports program sucks. Don't go to the football games

6. Some classes were gigantic. Not too many though

Last edited:
Wasn't FIU the one thats known for the fine *** women? Or FCU. Whatever it is one of them is renown for that...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom