Anyone here ever have a hernia?

If so, how did you get it? How did it affect you?
I honestly think I have one...it feels a bit strained in my left upper thigh area. It's hard to describe, but it's in that area where your thigh and pelvic area crease up if you lift your leg, and upleft of your nads. about 1-2 inches lower than a woman's ovaries would be. Well above the thigh itself, and in the general area where a man's genital hair grows. I'm Sorry for terrible description...
laugh.gif

The reason I think I have one is because when I cough, that particular area feels strained. I compared it to the other side by coughing and putting both hands in congruent areas, and the right side doesn't feel what my left side does. I could have possibly got this by doing dead lifts or squats. 

It doesn't bother me with everyday tasks, but I do feel very insecure when I workout. I am scared to do any type of free weights that put stress on my lower half, and I do not want to cough anymore because of the minor pain I get. I'm not sure if coughs make it worse. 

Should I see a doc? Will it heal itself? 

Damn, the diagram from the page is in the general area where my pain is. This is scary man. I've gained 17 pounds since last year, I've lifted heavy weights recently, and it sort of hurts when I cough. I don't have a physical bulge sticking out though.

yea, i was < 5, so i dont remember the details.
i had to get surgery though. have a scar in the V of were your pubes are about two inches
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom