Anyone here ever think about moving to the hood for a better life? These people apparently did

water getting cut off everyday because the migos were stealing copper
giphy.gif

@Jay Patt yung it was terrible. Dudes supposed to be "renovating" and they stealing ******* copper. I was heated they let me out of my lease after 2 months because it was so bad. No credit hit , money paid to get out or anything thank God.

Last edited:

What you mean how so ? Who wants to be in the hood if they can afford to not live in the hood.

Rats, roaches, people getting killed outside the complex , water getting cut off everyday because the migos were stealing copper,

car break ins, etc.

I make too much money to deal with that. I'll never go cheap on my living situation again.
exactly

the fact that people in here are questioning it is blowing my mind. 

Last edited:

What you mean how so ? Who wants to be in the hood if they can afford to not live in the hood.

Rats, roaches, people getting killed outside the complex , water getting cut off everyday because the migos were stealing copper,

car break ins, etc.

I make too much money to deal with that. I'll never go cheap on my living situation again.

Lol copy and paste, I saw it the first time.
Idgaf what Ninja does.

Enjoy the hood, I'm not getting killed to save a couple hundred. Not dealing with any bs to save a couple hundred.

Nope. I wouldn't want to live in a city, much less a hood. I've lived in a small rural town for my whole life and I love it here. Pretty much zero crime, most of the citizens here know eachother and overall a very friendly environment. The only crimes I can recall in the last 5 years or so is that someone broke into our local pharmacy twice at to steal painkillers and tried breaking into a doctor's office, presumably for the same reason.
There's a good variety of houses here so there's a place for everyone, whether you're poor, middle class or rich.

Last edited:
Nope. I wouldn't want to live in a city, much less a hood. I've lived in a small rural town for my whole life and I love it here. Pretty much zero crime, most of the citizens here know eachother and overall a very friendly environment. The only crimes I can recall in the last 5 years or so is that someone broke into our local pharmacy twice at to steal painkillers and tried breaking into a doctor's office, presumably for the same reason.
Houses here range from very cheap to large mansions so there's a place for everyone here, whether you're poor, middle class or rich.

No. You don't really get the same sense of community in the larger cities, especially compared to small rural towns where most people know eachother. People are very open and friendly here. Every store owner knows me by my full name and when running errands I'll always run into someone who says hi or to have a friendly conversation with. I don't even have to pay my local doctor visits most of the time.
We have events such as our annual carnival and town barbeques where the entire town comes together.
Larger cities lack that sense of community and openness.

Last edited:
Are we talking hoods or projects?

Yes, there is a difference.

NB4NYCtellsmethereisnt

I wouldn't because it's just not worth it. People can smell you trying to better yourself from a mile away, especially in the hood. And 9 times out of 10 "the hood" is going to make sure that you don't succeed.

I would rather live within my means in a decent area and cut back on spending so I can use the money saved to pay down my debt with the snowball method.

Back
Top Bottom