Anyone here like GRADUATION more than LR & CD?

Not saying that I do personally, but I'm just wondering
nerd.gif

If you do, please briefly explain

Had a few big tracks on there, it's close to LR IMO, but CD is my personal preference ten times out of ten.

I'll just say this:

There are some excellent beats on both CD and LR, but none of them had me in awe like Flashing Lights did.

I just stonefaced my friend last week for saying this. Tried to tell me Diamonds From Sierra Leone is boring
smh.gif

I think I do, but I'm at work right now so I can't type out a full explanation on why so later when I leave work I will.

Flashing Lights and Can't Tell Me Nothing really carry this album to me. LR is my favorite of all three though, much more depth and variety than the othertwo.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I think I do, but I'm at work in class right now so I can't type out a full explanation on why so later when I leave work I will.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I think I do, but I'm at heading to work right now so I can't type out a full explanation on why so later when I leave work I will.

Graduation just feels right. Every song is properly placed. I could have done without Barry Bonds as the middle track, heck I could have done without it alltogether. "Good Night" as a bonus track makes the album even better. Definitely my favorite 'Ye album.

CD and LR sounded a bit contrived, partly because of the skits.

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

CD> anything else of kanyes

Word. He lost his grittyness after.

LR is a distant second.

Graduation was trash aside from maybe 3 tracks.

Didn't dare touch 808.

No skits. 1 filler (DandH girls). Great production value. Less whack featured guest. Graduation is my favorite Kanye output.

for me, no way. I enjoy Late Registration the most, then College Dropout, then way behind is Graduation.

I like Graduation over CD and LR.

It's short with high quality music. On Late Registration he let the beats just run on and on and College Dropout gotta hear it rarely since I played it outso much when it came out.

I'm biased towards LR, as a producer and just someone who loves to zone out to an album with headphones on for hours. (I agree with CAKE, when hementioned how depressing it can sound at times.)

Graduation, while probably Kanye's most well-organized album musically, is tied with CD for third to me. 808's was also slept-on by the purists...

I enjoy Graduation the most musically.
Lyrically and production wise, it'd have to be College Dropout

I think its better than College dropout...
College dropout hasn't aged well with me...
The music is just seems so juvenile to me compared to the big boys...
The chipmunk sound (school spirit...)
the overdramitc singing (Jesus Walks)
The cronyism of some of the lyrics and songs (the workout plan...breath in out)
The !%+$**% skits (I mean a skit after a skit...really)

Theres still some classic #$%$ on there...(Spaceship...Never Let em Down...2 Words)...
but its not better than Graduation and it ain't !%+$**% with LR at all...

Back
Top Bottom