Anyone in Pharmaceutical Sales....vol whats really good?

i guess i cant say ive had any experience in the field....but my mom has worked for amgen for the last 10 years
not in sales, but on the science side of it
you should look into them, because I think they have been doing pretty damn well in the last couple years...genentech also

Originally Posted by What up

Can't really help you with the pros/cons but I can tell you they have dimes working in pharmaceutical sales.

Also from what I saw, it seemed like a chill gig. Reps would book lunches with physicians, bring in food for the staff and proceed to ramble on and on about the medication.

But I can't stress this enough, most of those reps were gorgeous.
yah. hot women or doctors who have been suspended for some reason or another.

some are relentless too, even when the doctors decline.

lot of ethics (or rather, lack of?) involved as a sales rep though.

Originally Posted by What up

Can't really help you with the pros/cons but I can tell you they have dimes working in pharmaceutical sales.

Also from what I saw, it seemed like a chill gig. Reps would book lunches with physicians, bring in food for the staff and proceed to ramble on and on about the medication.

But I can't stress this enough, most of those reps were gorgeous.
yah. hot women or doctors who have been suspended for some reason or another.

some are relentless too, even when the doctors decline.

lot of ethics (or rather, lack of?) involved as a sales rep though.

Workin on my PhD right now. Plannin on jumpin into industry as a Feild Applications scientist for a couple years, then making the jump to sales. Hopefully Pharm sales. From all the career advancement seminars I've been to it sounds like the more people you know the better. So imma start schmoozin more. I suggest you do the same.

Workin on my PhD right now. Plannin on jumpin into industry as a Feild Applications scientist for a couple years, then making the jump to sales. Hopefully Pharm sales. From all the career advancement seminars I've been to it sounds like the more people you know the better. So imma start schmoozin more. I suggest you do the same.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

asss kissing is the ONLY way to move up on the ladder especially in this industry.  unfortunate reality.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

asss kissing is the ONLY way to move up on the ladder especially in this industry.  unfortunate reality.

Seems like a tough gig. Always having to say why your product is so good while knocking your competitors, while doctors a lot of times treat them as a nuisance. I will agree though that most of them are nice eye candy.

Seems like a tough gig. Always having to say why your product is so good while knocking your competitors, while doctors a lot of times treat them as a nuisance. I will agree though that most of them are nice eye candy.

I used to work for Millennium, Pfizer (twice) and GSK, not as a rep though. To be a sales rep you have to have the gift of gab. You have know what you're saying and get the point (selling point) across in a matter of seconds, since you're going to waiting doctor's offices all day long. The doctors really the reps as bothersome, and they come last the their patients. Sales reps drive company cars from office to office selling and promoting. The reps then invite them to a dinner meeting (usually at Ruth's Chris, Mortons, etc) where another doctor will further explain the selling points that the sales reps told them.

I used to work for Millennium, Pfizer (twice) and GSK, not as a rep though. To be a sales rep you have to have the gift of gab. You have know what you're saying and get the point (selling point) across in a matter of seconds, since you're going to waiting doctor's offices all day long. The doctors really the reps as bothersome, and they come last the their patients. Sales reps drive company cars from office to office selling and promoting. The reps then invite them to a dinner meeting (usually at Ruth's Chris, Mortons, etc) where another doctor will further explain the selling points that the sales reps told them.

Originally Posted by BTK

u need to be a pharmacist to even do sales..
I'm a pharmacist at walgreens and this is totally incorrect. Most drug reps are very attractive men/women who wine and dine doctors to right more prescriptions for their drugs which in turn keeps sales of the drug up. Not sure what they make but i couldn't be an %#% kisser for a living. Go into being a pharmacist and make 100k + a year right out of college with no work experience.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BTK

u need to be a pharmacist to even do sales..
I'm a pharmacist at walgreens and this is totally incorrect. Most drug reps are very attractive men/women who wine and dine doctors to right more prescriptions for their drugs which in turn keeps sales of the drug up. Not sure what they make but i couldn't be an %#% kisser for a living. Go into being a pharmacist and make 100k + a year right out of college with no work experience.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

its a dirty business. i have a female friend that used to work as one and would tell me stories of being groped and propositioned for sex by doctors and having several coworkers sleep with them in order to get their business.

its a dirty business. i have a female friend that used to work as one and would tell me stories of being groped and propositioned for sex by doctors and having several coworkers sleep with them in order to get their business.

uptowns finest, good stuff.
i thought about pharmacology when i was a sophmore/junior, but i knew i couldn't handle all that chemistry.

i only know one person who did pharmacology.  i never thought of her as smart but she's did well for herself.

uptowns finest, good stuff.
i thought about pharmacology when i was a sophmore/junior, but i knew i couldn't handle all that chemistry.

i only know one person who did pharmacology.  i never thought of her as smart but she's did well for herself.

Back
Top Bottom