Anyone live a minimalist lifestyle?

A lot of people are confused about what minimalist is, but I can see why you can't really define minimal.

One person thinks living as a monk in tibet is minimalist. Another person might just think that having not too many things cluttering up your life or home is minimalist.

I would be under the second option, I mean at a time when jobs are scarce (actually careers not jobs) and money get's tighter you live in a big city that likes to overcharge on everything you realize do you really need 10, 20, 30 pairs of sneakers? 2 cars just to pay a lot in insurance? a big house when you're living by yourself?
I mean if you got it yea more power to you but more than half of the country lives at or below the poverty line, I'm just trying to buy things I need that won't make me sick clutter my mind and have enough money and free time to do what I want. I think about the stuff I really want afterwards and make rational decisions.

working over 40 hrs a week doesn't seem like that life I want to live.

Last edited:
I don't want to be minimalist per se but I want to get rid of everything in my room and buy a new bed, 1 dresser, and a table. My room is so cluttered right now it doesn't make sense :smh: The less big items in my living space the easier it is for me to keep up with my important documents and stuff like that. You could always just get a tracphone OP, one of my music instructors still uses his Flip phone and is doing fine, his only problem is texting takes a little longer but he's got that mastered. :lol:

I never knew it was so extreme being a minimalist... i thought minimalist was being minimal but not to that extreme... for example you live in a crib could be apartment, house or condo with no paintings up, very little furniture with a tv... and with clothes having 1 pair of shoes and clothes have 5-6 shirts and 2-3 pants and 1-2 jackets... that sounds minimalist to me... and no car makes sense if you live in a city like nyc where you dont need one... but if you live in jersey or cali a car is needed minimalist or not

yamcha stays taking L's on nt and dbz. Have fun with your older phone. I actually thought about getting a blackberry but heard the web browsing sucks.

This is it right here man.

I don't want to be a slave to the BS

Just want to live below my means and lead a fulfilling lifestyle.
mos def  i can agree with this. i love my smart phone,i love technology

i have no need for a boat load of shoes , clothes etc etc. things that dont really matter or improve the quality of your life. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom