Anyone majoring in Engineering?

Originally Posted by ErickM713

I'm going to college for Chemical Engineering.
I'm really good with physics and really good with numbers.

Does that help?

Are you good at chemistry?

I never quite got why I was so bad at chemistry. I knew all the formulas, was great with numbers and knew how to do problems, but as soon as a small variation came in the problem, I was screwed
laugh.gif

Still got a 4 on the AP test though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

I'm finishing a B.S. and M.S. in biomedical engineering. Engineering sucks.
You picked the hardest engineering field though. 
laugh.gif

Congratulations for making it that far. I know a few people who are suffering with BME as their major.
Haha, thanks. I'm pretty sure mechanical, chemical, aerospace, and electrical are all more difficult though. BME is kind of just a hybrid of like every other engineering field plus biology.
My engineering buddies generally rated aero, chemical, then mechanical in terms of difficulty. 
I really should have switched to structural or civil instead of going an entirely different route. 
tired.gif

My dude just got a job with an aero company that's subcontracted by the military to defense missiles, another one has been designing cargo planes a year or two now.

That's the kind of work I could see myself doing and loving, anything where at the end of the day I could look back and be like "yea, I'm responsible for building that." My dream would probably be to work building/designing sporting venues. 

Nothing but respect for all the engineers here.

most people downgrade to some low end major like psyc from engineering. you wanna do the opposite. props to you
pimp.gif
(but good luck
30t6p3b.gif
)

Started off in EE, but 18 yr old me was not about that life. Here i am though almost 10 yrs later still without a degree and actually reconsidering it. I should've just stuck with it.

I think Psych in itself isn't a very lucrative major, but real talk, it is probably one of the most useful majors.

I'm definitely going to try and minor in psychology when I get to college.

Psychology is incredibly useful because of it's applications in real life. No matter what field you end up going to, you're going to have to deal with others. Knowing how people behave and react to certain situations really gives you an upper hand. It can help you form strong connections and build trust/respect because you really start to get why people act the way they act.

You probably won't make much money from it in itself, but if you have a strong understanding you can really help out your life.

Does that help?

senior chem eng student here,
2 terms left before i graduate + 1 term for OJT.
being good with numbers would really help,
also have a solid foundation on chemistry.

i am somewhat regretting about my course, i feel i could do much better in mechanical engineering.

3rd year of Mechatronics Engineering, its hard and no fun. Plus the female to male ratio is dismal.

Originally Posted by maronandlando

Does that help?

senior chem eng student here,
2 terms left before i graduate + 1 term for OJT.
being good with numbers would really help,
also have a solid foundation on chemistry.

i am somewhat regretting about my course, i feel i could do much better in mechanical engineering.

Well, anything science related I'm really good at, I was thinking about getting a degree in Physics, but I'm leaning towards Engineering

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Can you afford to be in school forever? If you're already a sophomore and thinking about switching to Architecture, you likely will be.

You can make it up during summer for some schools, but you will never see the light of day.

Originally Posted by scshift

Architecture is a great field, except you better love what you do cause you'll be working way more than others and the pay is pretty low.

If you just like it, you should think it through. I liked architecture and was going down that path at one point, then I realized I don't like it enough to do it under those conditions.

WELLL PUT, i also went down that path, i8n high school i did tech drafting  class all thru HS. then i saw how the economy KILLLLLLLLLED architecture, i told my self i need those dollars, so i graduated with a BS in Chemistry, looking to do Device sales/Pharm school

Originally Posted by scshift

I think Psych in itself isn't a very lucrative major, but real talk, it is probably one of the most useful majors.

I'm definitely going to try and minor in psychology when I get to college.

Psychology is incredibly useful because of it's applications in real life. No matter what field you end up going to, you're going to have to deal with others. Knowing how people behave and react to certain situations really gives you an upper hand. It can help you form strong connections and build trust/respect because you really start to get why people act the way they act.

You probably won't make much money from it in itself, but if you have a strong understanding you can really help out your life.

gem

Back
Top Bottom