Anyone mess w/ food personality, Eddie Huang?

I like guys like Bourdain/Huang b/c they pull no punches. VASTLY different from other personalities like Guy Fieri, Alton Brown, etc. It's no slight on them, but just a different style.

*Bourdain's book (Kitchen Confidential) is a dope read as well.
I use that book to roll shmoke on. Might actually open it for the first time today, thanks.

Watched the whole "Fresh off the Boat" series on Vice's Youtube channel. Dude's cool IMO.

the miami episode got me hungry as **** .... dat BBQ tho...
pimp.gif

:lol: just do it man. it's not like you can't do anything else. i cook with dudes who are accountants and make guap during tax season.
That's what I want to do. I want to go to grad school for accounting and then use all that money i'll be making to take some culinary classes. I want to go to Portland and see some of that weed infused pizza they make.

That's what I want to do. I want to go to grad school for accounting and then use all that money i'll be making to take some culinary classes. I want to go to Portland and see some of that weed infused pizza they make.
same. after i become a pa im goin to culinary school. i love to cook and wanna be able to take my talent to the next level

Wow didn't know we had a thread, It's amazing how dude has blown up so quick. He's literally everywhere now, even Ben Baller is a fan :lol:

anyone know if FOB is already confirmed for season 2?

i'm sure they will do a season 2. 1 was such a sucess. he will be on tv by season 4. i'm proud of him man. i know so many dudes just like him. dude is a big inspiration to me. the fact that he opened his own restaurant without his parents helping him is so dope. hopefully i can do the same some day. i got plans for a food truck in the making. just waiting on the cake, should be here soon.

it's all about taking risks doing what you're good at. dude grinded it out and for that i'm happy for him.

Just saw his video on Vice the other day and I was meaning to watch it. Thanks for the reminder.

season 2 is confirmed.
Wow didn't know we had a thread, It's amazing how dude has blown up so quick. He's literally everywhere now, even Ben Baller is a fan
laugh.gif

anyone know if FOB is already confirmed for season 2?
are u in NYC? reason i'm asking is bc the city isnt giving out any more licenses to own and operate food trucks, so the only place to get one is on the black market.
i'm sure they will do a season 2. 1 was such a sucess. he will be on tv by season 4. i'm proud of him man. i know so many dudes just like him. dude is a big inspiration to me. the fact that he opened his own restaurant without his parents helping him is so dope. hopefully i can do the same some day. i got plans for a food truck in the making. just waiting on the cake, should be here soon.

it's all about taking risks doing what you're good at. dude grinded it out and for that i'm happy for him.

@QBoroKicks  no need to message me privately, i'll respond to you here. 

"I just joined and for some reason its not letting me reply or comment to posts...but im not sure if your Taiwanese, seems like you are...but saying Chinese and Taiwanese cultures/cuisines are like apples to oranges is a terrible metaphor. Italian and Chinese food would be an example of apples to oranges. The people we think of as Taiwanese, are actually immigrants from China, and the ethnic Han Chinese displaced/killed off most of the indigenous Taiwanese islanders. Taiwanese food and Chinese food are extremely similar. Obviously, over time, Taiwanese chefs diverged a little and developed their own styles, but they are rooted in much of the same traditions. Taiwanese food is basically just another branch of Chinese cuisine in general...ie Cantonese, sezchuan ect...not trying to be a ****, but you were coming off a lil douche and what you were saying what exactly accurate...I also feel that bao haus is mad overrated...he basically jacked david changes idea...and did it with much less success"

whats up qboro,

you cant quote my posts because you're a new member, i think i had the same issue when i joined. 

i'm not taiwanese, i'm chinese. thanks for pointing that out to me (and the history lesson of asian cuisine), i see your point. there are similarities in the 2 styles, definitely. my "apple to oranges" comment was more directed at the fact that the guy is comparing a chinatown pork bun to the bao at eddie's restaurant. if you've had both, and esp. if you're chinese, i think you would agree that there is a big difference between the two.  i dont think i was coming off like a douche with that comment but if you are sensitive towards something as minor as that (and gravedug a thread that no one's posted in for half a year), maybe the forums arent the best place for you. 

sure, your opinion counts, and if you feel a certain way about baohaus feel free to post in the thread instead of messaging me directly. you dont need to use the "quote" button to get my attention. and for the record, he didn't copy Chang. Chang isnt the originator either fyi. if you did a little research you'd find out where he got the idea from. like i said, you are entitled to your own opinion and should just post in the thread rather than contact me directly. personally, i think the food is great and i'm not saying that because he's my homie. 

and this is the last thing i'll say, i dont know what your idea of "success" is, but if someone opened a restaurant that made bao's, and soon after became one of Zagat's top 30 chefs under 30, gotten props from Bourdain, a book deal that ended up being a New York Times bestseller within a few short weeks, has a show on Vice (in its 2nd season), and shows coming up for MTV and ABC, i'd say that pretty much sums up what being a "success" is. but that's just me.

welcome to NT.

Last edited:
He's hosting a cooking competition show on MTV called "Snack-Off". Not sure how long it's been running. Changed channel to MTV and saw it. Kinda like "Chopped" in a way. Good to see he's doing big things.

Yeah it's purely entertainment. Contestants aren't professionals and the ingredients they are given makes it tougher. It's cool that they clown around that makes it fun to watch. The female judge's(Chrissy Teigen) tittay popped out on one of the episode lol.

i like dude and what he stands for.

Watched two of his episodes of Huang's World on Viceland last night. He's a man of principle and will not stand for exploitation. There was an instance where he was in Orlando and visited something called the Sausage Castle. It was about as disgusting of a place as you can find. Degenerates all over. The dude who ran the place was culturally insensitive and Huang was not having it. He (Huang) pretty much said he can't roll with what they were doing and just walked off. When the dude who ran the Sausage Castle came and asked Huang what was up, Huang stated his reasons. I got a lot of respect for him...

My writing really does no justice of this scene. If you can find it on youtube, it's worth the watch.

That place was gross. The girls were aight. I would've told all the girls to leave with me.

That place was gross. The girls were aight. I would've told all the girls to leave with me.

Yea...it was absolutely disgusting. It's got to be a brothel or something along those lines, right?

Back
Top Bottom