Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it will be perfect for winter

• No, mileage is too high

• No, there are better options

• Total voters
They are not a fun vehicle in the winter, as much as you may think they would be.

The mileage takes a hit as you'll be in 4high the majority of the Canadian winter. It never feels like it warms up on a cold day. The interior from 2012 and before are pretty bleak.

I also had a ton of issues with the drive train at around 180,000 KM.

I found the rear end would slide out more often than I'd like, but mine had a shorter wheel base than this Unlimited.

I just bought a brand new Titan and it gets better mileage with a V8 in 4high than my Jeep's V6 did in 2 wheel.

Last edited:
What issues(if any) have you had with them? How many miles do you ride them to?
1st one was a 98 2 door, i got rid of it around 180K

2nd one was a 08 4 door totaled pushing 90K

current (not an everyday ride) is an 11 and it's pushing 60K.  Decent amount of mileage because we use it for road trips, beach trips, long weekends, running the dogs around, etc.

I had major transmission issues with the 2nd one.  The 1st one refused to die.  Had I had them in alternating order I may have written off the Wrangler.  For what it's worth I had bad transmission problems with an 05 Grand Cherokee as well, so it prob isn't specific to the Wrangler.

A jeep is a jeep. They are outdated, underpowered, ride like ****, get bad gas mileage and are unsafe in a crash.

If you get one its because you want it. They aren't practical. I personally think it's wack to get one and never use it off road meanwhile you spend a bunch of money decking it out. I'd be out there using it for the only thing it's good for. If you use your light bars in the city you're an ******* as well. No idea why most people do that to their jeeps and make them drive even worse and never take them off road. But if you actually use it, props.

:smokin

Jeep pickup :nthat:...

Not a Wrangler... But my old Cherokee saved my life when I hit a Moose... And it drove home :lol:... Therefore Jeeps are awesome to me :pimp:...

My neighbor just picked up a 4 door and has a newer 2 door as well and he loves them. I had a 84 Cj7 for a few years. Big lift on 35's. Fun in the summer, absolutely freezing in the winter. April-October no door or top. Great around town cruiser. My wife keeps talking about wanting a 4 door, so I'm sure we'll have a new one any day now since the neighbor has one now.

Mr. Jones?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom