Anyone on NT in the Air Force?

Illuztrious is in the
AF.
He gets beat up all the time (just like in HS) but he says he likes the free time he gets to play W.O.W.

what is it like? did you like it? would you recommended joining?
As with any branch there are a lot of rules. Like a lot a lot. Its ok once you get used to it, people either hate it or love it. Theres a lot ofstructure involved. I would recommend it if you wanna get out of the house and start out on your own without going to college.

Originally Posted by notoriousmro

what is it like? did you like it? would you recommended joining?
I would recommend it if you wanna get out of the house and start out on your own without going to college.

That is EXACTLY what I wanted to know. thanks

on the real 3 things

1. utilize the GI Bill, get that free education.

2. get a MOS (job) that has job security in the civillian world. Contractors make 4- 6 times more than you (while you are in the military) do the same.

3. dont sign anything. get with someone you trust, thats not the recruiter sp? and they'll tell you the bs that being told to you.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by thagreatj

on the real 3 things

1. utilize the GI Bill, get that free education.

2. get a MOS (job) that has job security in the civillian world. Contractors make 4- 6 times more than you (while you are in the military) do the same.

3. dont sign anything. get with someone you trust, thats not the recruiter sp? and they'll tell you the bs that being told to you.

Good luck.

My friends dad retired from the army and he is always trying to get me to join the service....but i think its because of the bonus he'll get. I justdon't want to see combat, but I'd be cool with that hazard pay though, if I had to go to one of those areas.

Excuse 'thagreatj"...he's a little upset that Nas just dropped the best song of this year earlier today....ha ha.

Anyways, it's different for everyone. Some love it, some hate it so much they end up offing themselves or getting dishonorably discharged. To me, it'skind of like being in the military, kind of like being a civilian. If you join, just don't become a cop (Security Forces). That's all.

What is wrong with Security Forces? Can you choose where you are stationed? Do you regret joining?

Security Forces are like the 'female dogs' of the Air Force. Work the longest hours, get in the most trouble, deploy the longest, etc.

You can sorta choose where you're stationed as long as there's an opening for your afsc.

Nah I don't regret it at all. I've been in for 5 years and some change so it's like clockwork now. You might hate it at first, me personally Idon't lik being told what to do by anyone but...just do it as long as it makes sense and get it over with. Nothing hard. I'm a 3A0..computer guy so...Iwas on NT all the time at work but since the move to Yuku, we have something firewalled and it doesn't display right, plus I'm a little busy thesedays...running the show and all.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

My friends dad retired from the army and he is always trying to get me to join the service....but i think its because of the bonus he'll get. I just don't want to see combat, but I'd be cool with that hazard pay though, if I had to go to one of those areas.

cool with the hazard pay? dude how much do you think it is? i just got back in december you get like 50 for hardship and 225 for hazardous duty... its notlike you cakin over there. dudes think you go over there and get paid... well you might have mad dough if your in the army since they go for 15 months at atime and you dont spend nuttin over there but being in the air force and only goin for 4 months i have like and extra 1200?? if that. now is 1200 worth yourlife??? i think not

but the air force is cool... ive been in since dec 05 and i really cant complain. i work 7-4 monday through friday. 3 days out of the week i dont have to be intil 9 because i get my allowed hour and a half for gym. i get hour and half lunches. this is probably the easiest job ive ever had my whole life. only thingyou have to get use to is being told what to do and there aint *%+% you can do about it. your going to be the low man for a while. you going to have to do BSwork and deal with alot of BS. thats just how it is. nuttin you can do about it. you will need alot of structure and discipline. and if you cant follow rulesand definitely aint for you BIG EXAMPLE would be under age drinking... not very hard to follow but people get caught every single weekend.

DONT BE SECURITY FORCES NO MATTER WHAT THE RECRUITER TELLS YOU!!! TRUST ME!!!

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Excuse 'thagreatj"...he's a little upset that Nas just dropped the best song of this year earlier today....ha ha.

Anyways, it's different for everyone. Some love it, some hate it so much they end up offing themselves or getting dishonorably discharged. To me, it's kind of like being in the military, kind of like being a civilian. If you join, just don't become a cop (Security Forces). That's all.
damn are you serious? my boy did that exact thing (got a letter today)

anyway out? i frowned when he told me, but i wanted to believe it wouldnt be to bad, considering its the AF.

Originally Posted by kingofthesouthga

My friends dad retired from the army and he is always trying to get me to join the service....but i think its because of the bonus he'll get. I just don't want to see combat, but I'd be cool with that hazard pay though, if I had to go to one of those areas.

cool with the hazard pay? dude how much do you think it is? i just got back in december you get like 50 for hardship and 225 for hazardous duty... its not like you cakin over there. dudes think you go over there and get paid... well you might have mad dough if your in the army since they go for 15 months at a time and you dont spend nuttin over there but being in the air force and only goin for 4 months i have like and extra 1200?? if that. now is 1200 worth your life??? i think not

but the air force is cool... ive been in since dec 05 and i really cant complain. i work 7-4 monday through friday. 3 days out of the week i dont have to be in til 9 because i get my allowed hour and a half for gym. i get hour and half lunches. this is probably the easiest job ive ever had my whole life. only thing you have to get use to is being told what to do and there aint *%+% you can do about it. your going to be the low man for a while. you going to have to do BS work and deal with alot of BS. thats just how it is. nuttin you can do about it. you will need alot of structure and discipline. and if you cant follow rules and definitely aint for you BIG EXAMPLE would be under age drinking... not very hard to follow but people get caught every single weekend.

Yeah I was under the impression that you could make a lot with the hazard pay, because my friends brother was over there doing computers and stuff andhe got that hazard pay and came back with like 15 grand. And I think joining might be good because I believe I do need structure and discipline never hurts. Doyou military guys think its possible to be caking big time though? Like 6 figure ballin?

Originally Posted by kingofthesouthga

cool with the hazard pay? dude how much do you think it is? i just got back in december you get like 50 for hardship and 225 for hazardous duty... its not like you cakin over there. dudes think you go over there and get paid... well you might have mad dough if your in the army since they go for 15 months at a time and you dont spend nuttin over there but being in the air force and only goin for 4 months i have like and extra 1200?? if that. now is 1200 worth your life??? i think not

but the air force is cool... ive been in since dec 05 and i really cant complain. i work 7-4 monday through friday. 3 days out of the week i dont have to be in til 9 because i get my allowed hour and a half for gym. i get hour and half lunches. this is probably the easiest job ive ever had my whole life. only thing you have to get use to is being told what to do and there aint *%+% you can do about it. your going to be the low man for a while. you going to have to do BS work and deal with alot of BS. thats just how it is. nuttin you can do about it. you will need alot of structure and discipline. and if you cant follow rules and definitely aint for you BIG EXAMPLE would be under age drinking... not very hard to follow but people get caught every single weekend.

Yeah I was under the impression that you could make a lot with the hazard pay, because my friends brother was over there doing computers and stuff and he got that hazard pay and came back with like 15 grand. And I think joining might be good because I believe I do need structure and discipline never hurts. Do you military guys think its possible to be caking big time though? Like 6 figure ballin?

roll.gif

that will not happen IN THE MILITARY. which is why you need to check the MOS thing i was talkin bout so when you get out of the military you can ball. peepslitterally do the same exact job as a $32,000 military person while gettn paid 100+ ...again good lucki and do good on the ASVAB

Originally Posted by bbanks707

wit how bush is runnin this country, i would think AF or nothin.
He doesn't have much time left if thats what your worried about
laugh.gif

me and the military will never mix. and with mccain tryin to stay another hundred.....OBAMA FTW

im glad you made this post 18th, i'm tryna get in the AF also but damn i keep failin that damn test
tired.gif

I think the Air Force would be a good look especially if you are not ready for college. It is a great stepping stone and definitely beats being an adult stilldepending on mom. Don't worry about being told what to do as with life period you will have to answer to someone. The Air Force does instill discipline andteaches responsibility but at the same time provides a relatively decent quality of life. When I first enlisted it felt like college but I got paid. Also beingin the service will not make you rich however if you choose a marketable afsc, obtain a security clearance, and or take advantage of the free tuitionassistance and the gi bill you can parley all of that into a very comfortable living when you get out. Furthermore on the money tip its not so much about howmuch you make its more about managing it. Yes you get paid little especially compared to civilians but you don't have to pay for food or housing either.Its not a bad move. I served 8 years obtained 2 associate degrees, obtained a refrigeration licence, I graduate with a bachelors degree in the fall, bought ahouse, and I have a very nice job with a well known defense contractor. All thanks to God by way of the Air Force.

Originally Posted by wes7883

I think the Air Force would be a good look especially if you are not ready for college. It is a great stepping stone and definitely beats being an adult still depending on mom. Don't worry about being told what to do as with life period you will have to answer to someone. The Air Force does instill discipline and teaches responsibility but at the same time provides a relatively decent quality of life. When I first enlisted it felt like college but I got paid. Also being in the service will not make you rich however if you choose a marketable afsc, obtain a security clearance, and or take advantage of the free tuition assistance and the gi bill you can parley all of that into a very comfortable living when you get out. Furthermore on the money tip its not so much about how much you make its more about managing it. Yes you get paid little especially compared to civilians but you don't have to pay for food or housing either. Its not a bad move. I served 8 years obtained 2 associate degrees, obtained a refrigeration licence, I graduate with a bachelors degree in the fall, bought a house, and I have a very nice job with a well known defense contractor. All thanks to God by way of the Air Force.
this is the kind of route you want to take. the military is what you make of it.
Northup, gen dynamics, raytheon? theres more...

Back
Top Bottom