Anyone Rock Jordan's to a Formal Event?

freezyfreeky wrote:

life is short, have fun and enjoy every moment. things don't have to always be "socially acceptable" all the time. formal occasions ain't really all that serious.
i always wear dress shoes to everyone else's wedding because it's their day. this was ours so we wore what we wanted to.
but to each his own.

That's probably the best view on the matter. 

freezyfreeky wrote:

life is short, have fun and enjoy every moment. things don't have to always be "socially acceptable" all the time. formal occasions ain't really all that serious.
i always wear dress shoes to everyone else's wedding because it's their day. this was ours so we wore what we wanted to.
but to each his own.

That's probably the best view on the matter. 

not a formal event but i wear my jordans to wk(office 9-5) dress shirt/polo, dress pants, mikes......

not a formal event but i wear my jordans to wk(office 9-5) dress shirt/polo, dress pants, mikes......

Nicely said.
smile.gif

Wore my black/red XIV's to prom with all black tux n a red tie, better off usin ur own shoes than payin to rent some imo. I wear hats with dress shirts sometimes too, mostly wear all black or all white af1's if its semi-formal. If i jus wanna look good i throw on a black thermal with my black/red rings. Subtle but nice haha

Wore my black/red XIV's to prom with all black tux n a red tie, better off usin ur own shoes than payin to rent some imo. I wear hats with dress shirts sometimes too, mostly wear all black or all white af1's if its semi-formal. If i jus wanna look good i throw on a black thermal with my black/red rings. Subtle but nice haha

Originally Posted by JBug88

20 years ago I might have.
Now, I'm that old guy at the wedding that will get drunk and talk mess to the whipeprsnapper who's wearing Jordans with a suit..
With a Jameson's on the rocks in one hand, a cigarette dangling from my lip and me telling you how music was better in the 90's...

-J-
QFT
esp the whipersnapers & better music in the 90's
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by JBug88

20 years ago I might have.
Now, I'm that old guy at the wedding that will get drunk and talk mess to the whipeprsnapper who's wearing Jordans with a suit..
With a Jameson's on the rocks in one hand, a cigarette dangling from my lip and me telling you how music was better in the 90's...

-J-
QFT
esp the whipersnapers & better music in the 90's
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Vuey

Mate, unless you got a "rap" album coming out.....I wouldn't wear j's with a suit to a formal occasion
wink.gif

laugh.gif

The only shoe I remember people wearing to the prom for example, were the XI's.  I think I remember someone saying they got married with XI's on as well as their groomsmen.

Originally Posted by Vuey

Mate, unless you got a "rap" album coming out.....I wouldn't wear j's with a suit to a formal occasion
wink.gif

laugh.gif

The only shoe I remember people wearing to the prom for example, were the XI's.  I think I remember someone saying they got married with XI's on as well as their groomsmen.

I did once. My prom was on the same Saturday as the release of the low white/red xiii so my suit was white with a red bulls Jersey...wish I still had the pics.

I did once. My prom was on the same Saturday as the release of the low white/red xiii so my suit was white with a red bulls Jersey...wish I still had the pics.

Originally Posted by michael0360

friend wore space jams to prom
Yea I had a friend do the same last year, as for me I wore the Varsity Red 6's with my tux which wasn't flashy and looked 
pimp.gif
Some people had Jordans, AF1's and even foamposite (which is
sick.gif
w/ a tux IMO)

Originally Posted by michael0360

friend wore space jams to prom
Yea I had a friend do the same last year, as for me I wore the Varsity Red 6's with my tux which wasn't flashy and looked 
pimp.gif
Some people had Jordans, AF1's and even foamposite (which is
sick.gif
w/ a tux IMO)

sick.gif
 Never. Formal wear should be kept distinct from what you wear on an everyday basis.

sick.gif
 Never. Formal wear should be kept distinct from what you wear on an everyday basis.

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

but to each his own.
Well said man.

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

but to each his own.
Well said man.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

I only wear Jay's to work on Casual Fridays.  I rock Clark's Mon- Thurs.  

Back
Top Bottom