Anyone Start School In Their Late 20's? Vol. Starting Over

Best advice in this thread.

Real talk, but that joke in How High about how Red took six years to finish Community College was funny as hell but I started Community College in the Spring of 2001 and I only finished and just got my associates degree last Fall :smh: Granted I took a few years off here and there and would just pop up to do a class or two but still, if I could take 12 years to finish CC, you guys have NOTHING to worry about :lol:

On that note, I'm on schedule to get my Bachelor's degree next spring which would mean that it will only have taken me one year which is cool, especially since I'm not stressing out over a job/money like mostly everyone else in my class. So that's a plus.

Your doing it, young brotha' :pimp:

Really inspirational thread. I'm 22 and I thought I was getting too old 
mean.gif
. I'm gonna go hard as **** this semester and learn from past mistakes

My first job out of college, I worked weird hours, swing and graveyard shifts. I never got used to graveyard. I now enjoy the mundane 9-5 schedule so I can sleep normally :lol:

From ages 24-28, I worked nights, weekends, and a Wed-Sat overnight schedules and I'm pretty glad I did as I really appreciate being able to work daytime hours nowadays. My social media feeds are so active in the morning talking about how mornings suck, I hate my 9-5, etc, but I actually love waking up at 5:30 every morning and getting my day started.

I'm 22 as well & this thread keeps hope alive for me. I have about 4 semesters left so I'm not far from the finish line. I just want an overall better quality of life for myself. Doing this whole military thing is gonna help with the costs. Can't wait to go back in January
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm 22 as well & this thread keeps hope alive for me. I have about 4 semesters left so I'm not far from the finish line. I just want an overall better quality of life for myself. Doing this whole military thing is gonna help with the costs. Can't wait to go back in January
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Thank you.

I'm back in school again myself. 29 married 2 kids. Went to Univ of Houston right outta high school. Wasn't ready. Ended up leaving after my second semester because I could've afford the tuition hike.

Been in my career for almost 8 years now and I'm currently in school. It's possible man. Just be disciplined

Yes, you are too old. The problem is not school...it is the work after the school. U will be in an entry level job with peopele a lot younger than you. Peolle ur age will be well respected and management. Thtais no good.

On the other hand...if u do something that supplements ur existing experience then it is worthwhile. Dont go back to school just to get into the corporate rat race. It is not worth it.

27 and I'm going back......I was 21 cred hours from finishing my undergrad degree and dropped out back in 2010.....I don't regret it all because I was not happy

I ended up having a kid in 2011 and still wasn't ready cause her mother went back to finish so I took care of my child while she was away......now she's working and I feel like it's my time to better my life a lil more

Not going to college this semester. I'm 21 and pretty much have wasted the last 3 years of my life in cc. Not even trying. I have a terrible gpa so I figured I would take some time until it didn't matter anymore.

I can't figure out what I want to with my life anymore. It wouldn't be so bad but I work a job with low pay and it ******* bothers me.

Last edited:
Ask yourself this.

Would you rather be 32 with no degree or 32 with a degree?

Time is going to pass regardless if you choose to go back to school or not so you might as well use the next 4 years to get a degree.

I'm 21 going on 22 & been out of school for a couple semesters now. I was always intelligent (not to toot my own horn) but was just up to bad **** in the streets in HS & didn't focus until late into my teen years. Started CC at 19  but wasn't really motivated & sometimes wouldn't get classes I wanted, hours didn't work for me, etc. I started becoming unfocused & life problems got in the way to the point that semesters went from taking 3/4 classes all the way to 1 class my last semester. I had/have a 3.8-3.9 GPA & just need to get my **** together.

Finished up my undergrads at 32 with 5 kids. Funny how the older heads in class would get into it with the younger cats during class discussions, good times :lol:
Give it a try, network with your experience and check if your job helps out with tuition.

Not going to college this semester. I'm 21 and pretty much have wasted the last 3 years of my life in cc. Not even trying. I have a terrible gpa so I figured I would take some time until it didn't matter anymore.

I can't figure out what I want to with my life anymore. It wouldn't be so bad but I work a job with low pay and it ******* bothers me.

Do something about it.

Stop being a little *****.

What does this even mean? How will it not matter anymore?

Man your mentality is wrong. You need to change how you think, get back into school, and get your life together. You are way to young and you sound like you don't want to change that low income job.

What does this even mean? How will it not matter anymore?

Word. This isn't some bill in the collection agency. Your GPA doesn't disappear with time, only hard work from here on out to bring that score up. And that's coming from a dude who's GPA at your age was like a 1.9 :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom