Anyone vacationed solo in Bangkok and Pattaya? Vol. Thailand

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican go to one of the elephant reserves where they treat them ethically. One of the dopest experiences of my life. Such gentle and intelligent creatures.

:lol: You be listening to NT's jokes too much. I am a Black Man. Damn you NT :lol:

But yes, I am going SOLO

I have adventures lined up in Pattaya, I heard it isn't much to do there. I have a cooking class and a snorkeling excursion.

Which time does Channel 7 Open and when should I get in line for the Sunday shows?

boxer15 boxer15

My bad! NT has me thinking you were a girl that was into sports and pro wrestling for years. Now I know.

Solo trip as a guy should be good. I still wouldn’t get too messy cause dudes still get robbed.

All I can say about Pattaya is do not rent a jet ski or do any activities promoted by scammers on the beach. I’d even say it’s not worth it to rent a motorbike in Pattaya. The songtaew (baht buses) go most places for cheap enough. I’ve seen many drunks wreck motorbike in Pattaya.

Channel 7 fights start at 2:30PM, but I’ve heard to get there anywhere between 12-1:30PM to secure a seat in the “foreigner” section. It’s a small stadium and when it’s full they turn you away. I actually never went when I lived out there, but the security guy at my apartment building used to go gamble every week and talk to us about it.

The card is already posted here if you care to check it out or look for the fighters on YouTube. http://www.muaythai2000.com/en/promatch_tv.php

You planning on training at all? Or buying any equipment while you’re out there?

Extortion, violence, or issues with the cops. Cops are in on those scams, they know what’s up. They often times “negotiate” a fairer price when the vendors try to ask for enough to buy a new jet ski.

Yes, I have a training session at "Southpaw" gym. That is through a tour.

Would a regular black dude be welcomed to any random gyms? I wouldn't mind doing something other than what the tour offers

I also plan on doing the Onsen that is in Yunomori Onsen & Spa Bangkok: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...43030-Yunomori_Onsen_Spa_Bangkok-Bangkok.html

Your race should cause no issues training. Long history of blacks from various backgrounds (Africans, Africans that came up in France, African Americans, Brazilians with African ancestry) fighting at even the highest level in Thailand. They’ll embrace you regardless of race if you respect the culture.

Your race should cause no issues training. Long history of blacks from various backgrounds (Africans, Africans that came up in France, African Americans, Brazilians with African ancestry) fighting at even the highest level in Thailand. They’ll embrace you regardless of race if you respect the culture.
You got any place in mind that I can travel to?

Also, I would like to visit a Buddhist service (is that a thing ?) while there. Any suggestions? ( @Bend_The_Knee )

You got any place in mind that I can travel to?

Also, I would like to visit a Buddhist service (is that a thing ?) while there. Any suggestions? ( @Bend_The_Knee )

I’ll try to think of some recommendations and send them your way in the next day or so. Thai boxing isn’t white what it was a decade or more ago. There aren’t tons of gyms in Bangkok that have current stars fighting at the highest level in the stadium circuit.

I honestly can’t recommend either of the gyms I was based out of. One is on the outskirts of town and the other is fairly central, but it all depends on what trainers are there for the session you go to.

While you’re in Pattaya, you could drop by Rambaa Somdet’s gym. Dude was wild as a Thai boxer back in the day and went on to be a Shooto Champ while living in Japan long term. Opened a gym in Pattaya when he decided to leave Japan.

Edit: As far as Buddhist ceremonies, some holidays have things going on. My ex would attend them, long meditation sessions and whatnot. Aside from that, you might be able to catch an alms giving situation. Otherwise, for frantic prayer and quick “making merit,” you can check out the Erawan Shrine by Ratchadamri and Chitlom BTS stations. They frequently have people performing traditional Thai music and ladies in traditional garb.

Last edited:
Bangkok was kinda wack imo. Had way more fun in Chiang Mai and Phuket.

Always heard dudes having fun in pattaya though.

you CANT not have a good time in Pattaya.

Make sure you watch a ping pong show, you guys been there know what I mean :rofl:

I’d advise against the ping pong show because they’re all scamming. Attempted price changes, overcharging for drinks, extortion in general. I’ve been twice, but being able to speak Thai is what avoided bs for me. In one occasion, they actually assumed a Thai friend was Japanese and started trying to fleece us. Entry comes with one drink, but they try to get you to buy more while changing the drink prices. They told my Thai friend to light the cigarette hanging out of the dancers cooter, he obliged, then when he got up to leave they started trying to charge us wild money to close out because my friend “participated” in the show and needed to pay the dancer. Once all of us started arguing in Thai, they just asked for the entry fee and told us to leave. When we got outside, the little tom that got us to go to the show ran and hid from us in the market outside.

This type of stuff is too common and some tourists pay crazy money because they get convinced they’re in the wrong and the police will be on the owner’s side. Scams are alive and well in Thailand.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican best I could think of in Bangkok was Petchyindee. They still have guys fighting at the top in the stadiums and fighting internationally. Sasiprapa is probably reliable, but far. A lot of the top gyms are well outside of Bangkok these days.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican go to one of the elephant reserves where they treat them ethically. One of the dopest experiences of my life. Such gentle and intelligent creatures.

Yeah I can’t stand seeing people ride these beautiful and smart animals, definitely go to a sanctuary instead....

To whoever hitting up Thailand, purchase medical insurance, I slept on it and caught a bug that had me with a fever of 107 and *****ing my guts out, luckily a whole day of hydration, antibiotic pills and carbon pills, helped me out and kept me from blowing 1k on an IV...which if I had insurance would have been less than 100$

Btw Krabi to me was AMAZING....it was hot as hell, but our hotel was dope, right on the beach steps away from where the ferry drops you off....place is a backpackers dream tho, that is all you see, that and rock climbers...a lot of white people getting hurt out there while rock climbing, but they all look happy...lmao

Just got back from a 9 day trip. Bangkok was the least fun imo. Was with friends and it’s aiiight for partying but it’s just too crowded and humid. Way too many expats as well.

Koh Lanta was mad dope but it’s more of a honeymooners vibe. Went scuba diving, explored a cave, and got trolled by monkeys on the beach.

Chiang Mai is where it’s at if you wanna see more local baddies. Nimman road was the “hip” college area and there’s significantly less noticeable ladyboys. Also many more cultural activities like elephant sanctuaries, Golden temples, better night markets, etc. If you go to Chiang Mai you gotta try a dish called Khao Soi. The best was a joint called Khao Soi Mae manee, a little ways out of the city. **** was flight and had 3 bowls in one sitting, would go back just to eat there again. Just use grab(their Uber) to get to places as it’s way cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom