Anyone wanna explain how True religion jeans have thus survived this long?

Originally Posted by Put em up

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Let's make it more fair, if we could possibly get the sale numbers of all Bronx retailers in that year for foams, it will still be more than the entire DMV area, that should determine popularity of a shoe in an area...no?

stop it...that research would be so flawed it would be pointless.

Stop it, ya didn't start a damb thing, ya just remained loyal as an area, as opposed to NY where some people remained loyal while others moved on to other threads, I've personally ALWAYS have had at least 2 pairs of foams in rotation for the last 15 or so years.

nerd.gif
DC

I do remember DAT HARLEM NINJA being the biggest FOOAAAAMMMMZZZ fan on NT
laugh.gif
... for a while they were kinda considered lowkey "overpriced" Nikes...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You didnt, but everyone else is....ad if we were to possibly get the sale numbers of foams back in 1998 in both areas I will bet NY will take it.

Sale NUMBERS wouldn't be a fair way to determine anything other than NY had more to sell. Why would you even think that would be a fair metric? More stores, larger region, more people, you should sell more shoes.

Let's make it more fair, if we could possibly get the sale numbers of all Bronx retailers in that year for foams, it will still be more than the entire DMV area, that should determine popularity of a shoe in an area...no?
I don't know why you're so sure of that. If you really wanted to fairly and accurately measure popularity you'd have to break it down on some census #*%% and determine the number of foams sold per capita, DMV vs NY which I'm undoubtedly sure DMV would win.

My biggest purchase, well shoe that was bought for me was these. I was in a lot of trouble that year so I really didn't get anything to be honest. 
laugh.gif

jumpmanpro-200.jpg

This extra lame argument has gotten way outta hand.

Y'all act like Foams wasn't general releases in 1997. Maybe, because me and my circle was Penny and Nike fans, we was on the Foams when they first dropped. I moved to Slidell, La and I knew a dudes was rocking Foams. Pull your head out of your %@$@% for a second and look at what you're saying.

We're talking about Foamposites. FOAMPOSITES. A DOPE +$! PAIR OF SNEAKERS. If you had any sense of style, eyes and the money. You copped them. Only person who put anybody on Foamposites was PENNY HARDAWAY(Nike wasn't even gonna release them).

All these people talking about what other regions did, when its sooooooo obvious they've hardly left their area.

Real !*$%, yall sound more like "bamas" right now more than anyone from the south.

D.C. can claim Nike Boots, cats up here didn't start rocking nike boots until 04/05 if I remember correctly. But to say we copied ya'll with the foams is just not true. People up here were definitely rocking foams when they first came out.

But these regional pride discussion never go anywhere so what's the point, lol.

why does this argument pop up every other month?

i don't think anyone from the DMV is saying NYC started wearing posite's after DC; the main point is that since their release, posites have been a DMV staple. NYC, not really, even though im sure based off population there were as many heads rocking posites as DMV

Came in here to see the argument about Tru Religion Jeans. 

*sees dudes bickering about Foamposites and regions instead*

tumblr_lqx4rg9CNQ1r0mq0co4_400.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

My biggest purchase, well shoe that was bought for me was these. I was in a lot of trouble that year so I really didn't get anything to be honest. 
laugh.gif

jumpmanpro-200.jpg

If these are the original ones, I was wearing the &@^# outta these sometime between 4th and 6th grade. My 2nd to last pair of Jordan's 
before these black and lime green Trunners in 97/98. Some definite faves right there
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

what did we (socal) start?

Vans, flannels, kobes(cuz i never see them out here) and chucks come to mind first. I think the Cali style is dope when pulled of right.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Vans, flannels, kobes(cuz i never see them out here) and chucks come to mind first. I think the Cali style is dope when pulled of right.

real life...
cali style> 

Originally Posted by breezylocks

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

real life...
cali style> 
didnt vans start in norcal? 

Back
Top Bottom