Anyone want to revive the Zoom Kobe I Release Dates Post

what was his reason for wanting to change it to 24? i heard he explained why on inside the nba but i missed it.

Quote:
what was his reason for wanting to change it to 24?

the true answer to this is cause he's a buster!!! there are other reasons to his changes. i don't know if all/some/or none of you remember his comments about "moving on." during that zk1 botique design contest, he wasn't feelin the one's w/ the 3 trophies on them (sorry forgot who's design that one...even though it was the best one) cause he "didn't want to dwell in the past." dwell in the past??? man...that's when the lakers were a dynasty!!! now him changing his number to 24. @#%$ is that? he's leaving his number 8 cause that's part of the past as well. come on, let's be realistic now...he always wanted to wear 24 cause that's what he wore or wanted to wear his frosh yr in hs...or what ever his redonkulous reason was. who does that??? you know, he's had many reasons for picking number 8 too. the actual reason was for his digits at adidas abcd camp (143). the sum of those numbers are 8. then he said he wore the number for some cat that no one knows in the past. if he wants to be ******ed like that i can too can be by closing w/ this...

he wants to change from 8 to 24...but the ironic thing is that 2x4 is 8...haha!!!

true story...in his words, "love me or hate me," my words, "it is what it is."

Quote:
the true answer to this is cause he's a buster!!! there are other reasons to his changes. i don't know if all/some/or none of you remember his comments about "moving on." during that zk1 botique design contest, he wasn't feelin the one's w/ the 3 trophies on them (sorry forgot who's design that one...even though it was the best one) cause he "didn't want to dwell in the past." dwell in the past??? man...that's when the lakers were a dynasty!!! now him changing his number to 24. is that? he's leaving his number 8 cause that's part of the past as well. come on, let's be realistic now...he always wanted to wear 24 cause that's what he wore or wanted to wear his frosh yr in hs...or what ever his redonkulous reason was. who does that??? you know, he's had many reasons for picking number 8 too. the actual reason was for his digits at adidas abcd camp (143). the sum of those numbers are 8. then he said he wore the number for some cat that no one knows in the past. if he wants to be ******ed like that i can too can be by closing w/ this...

he wants to change from 8 to 24...but the ironic thing is that 2x4 is 8...haha!!!

true story...in his words, "love me or hate me," my words, "it is what it is."

So whats Amare's redonkulous reason for changing his number? Is Amare a buster too for changing his number?
------------------------------------
Hate is the best compliment. People want what you have.

Maybe I'm just a sexy dude and I know how to rock my Kobe's. But random people contiously keep asking where I got the black/yellows from. This is a fantastic shoe that could have been bigger if it was marketed, but Nike screwed everything up. I wear Jordans everyday, classic retros, penny foams, deions. And people rarely stop me and ask me where I got the shoes. But everytime I wear these yellow Kobe's somebody always asks me what they are. These are a damn great shoe, too bad nobody knows what they are.

got my shipping confirmation from Eastbay regarding the Shozoko tee today. Can't wait. anyone have one yet?
[/b]​

"i actually really can not wait for the burps now"

BURPS. hahahaha. Now I REALLY must have them, too. Nice one, AF1. Too bad it doesn't say that on the tongue & insole instead of black out.

^^^^ I see that there is a Kobe hating troll in the board!

The real reason Kobe is changing his number was leaked by ESPN several months back. Kobe will not talk about it, but it has to do with Adidas rereleasing his old shoes. Kobe had a very bitter split with Adidas and he is very upset when they rereleased what they are calling the "Crazy 8". Kobe did not want to be associated with Adidas and I believe Adidas did not have to pay royalties because of the shoes name change and they put little disclaimers on their adds saying it was the official shoe of Gilbert Arenas.

EDIT: for proof go back and check some Eastbay catalogs from a few months back and you will see what I mean. Plus I doubt Kobe wants to air this grievance publicly, considering his past.

Quote:
the sum of those numbers are 8. then he said he wore the number for some cat that no one knows in the past.
:smh:
nono.gif

^ Uh, that CAT that wore #8 that Kobe was referring to is SUNS coach Mike D'Antoni who played for the Italian League with Kobe's dad back in the day... I am not a Kobe fan and knew this....
TEAM SOLED OUT
EST. 2005
cjhq496@earthlink.net
Rookie of the Year

wow man you guy's callin kobe an idiot but truth be put to truth he got more money then any of us he also can beat any of us in basketball so i suggest you haters hush and go back to be on his bandwagon
and be satisfied

as the above poster said, adidas was continuing to profit off of kobe's name by change the kobe 1 to crazy 8.. well, everybody knows that 8 = kobe, so there is still name recognition.

if you quit a job, and they used all your work and your fame to make profit for themselves, would that make you happy? or would you want to change your name so that they could no longer make money off you?

does it really sound that silly to change your number now? i can't think of anybody who would allow their former employer to keep making money off them if they had a chance to put an end to it.

Quote:
as the above poster said, adidas was continuing to profit off of kobe's name by change the kobe 1 to crazy 8.. well, everybody knows that 8 = kobe, so there is still name recognition.

if you quit a job, and they used all your work and your fame to make profit for themselves, would that make you happy? or would you want to change your name so that they could no longer make money off you?

does it really sound that silly to change your number now? i can't think of anybody who would allow their former employer to keep making money off them if they had a chance to put an end to it.

make sense to me.
[/b]​

what color comes out saturday??? Pics???
T E A M M I D W E S T
715 TO THE 414
Reppin Milwaukee​

Quote:
are these the black mambas saw them on ebay.

^ Flint- he blew up a fake auction as I already sold these SZ 12.... :rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

TEAM SOLED OUT
EST. 2005
cjhq496@earthlink.net
Rookie of the Year