Anyone watch this Scientology documentary last night?

Watched it Sunday, it's crazy, but it's the same with all religions. What makes it crazier is that we KNOW who started it and the guy was a con man. Still an interesting watch IMO.

prolly got john travolta gay sex tapes and **** ready for blackmail
I need to watch the documentary asap. I just read about the rumors of that church blackmailing Travolta for possibly being homosexual. Also read articles (on Gawker, I think) about how he's in the gym in the early hours, hanging out with dudes. lol.

Its been following him for so long, that nobody would be surprised if it was true.

Not convinced I want to watch but I might

I watched this past Sunday as well. I did a lot of research on this before because of my curiosity on religions and how they operate. They are more of a cult than anything else to me.

But Hubbard was right, the quickest way to become rich is to form your own religion. I mean just look at all the mega churches.

I say it's definitely worth a watch, it's not the most exciting documentary, but it's pretty eye opening on how this guy really did create this religion and how they got the tax exempt status.

I say it's definitely worth a watch, it's not the most exciting documentary, but it's pretty eye opening on how this guy really did create this religion and how they got the tax exempt status.

Dude was a wackjob. Obviously had a very active imagination, and a very avid writer. I mean over 1,000 books published? That should be a red flag that he has no problems bull-******** and coming up with that malarkey :lol:

Last edited:
Dude was a wackjob. Obviously had a very active imagination, and a very avid writer. I mean over 1,000 books published? That should be a red flag that he has no problems bull-******** and coming up with that malarkey :lol:

The funniest/sad part was some of the books were in the "religious text". I feel like Scientology and Mormonism go hand and hand.

I dont think he was a "wackjob".

I think he was just a con artist.

Dude was a wackjob. Obviously had a very active imagination, and a very avid writer. I mean over 1,000 books published? That should be a red flag that he has no problems bull-******** and coming up with that malarkey
laugh.gif

He was both

He certainly went off the deep end believing in his own bs

Dude was most def a wackjob and a compulsive liar. He used his writings, insane sayings and his "religion" as medication.

they left out the good stuff, thr actual rituals.
elaborate b

The greater mystery is the Aleister Crowley stuff, the true Bohemian magic. They were practicing witch craft. Scientology now seems like an church organization. I have to finish watching it. I wonder what they do to suck you in.

I live in what's considered to be a poor neighborhood, so I was surprised that we even had a church out here.  I was walking to the bank, and dude asked me about my headphones and all that, and segwayed to whatever he was doing in life and mentioned that they helped him out a lot without actually mentioning who it was. Dude just kept on pressing for me to fill out a personality survey or something like that, I'm pretty sure it was something else. I'm like nah, but dude and some other guy was really tryna push the issue. **** was wierd.
mean.gif

I never realized how ridiculously creepy L. Ron Hubbard is. It's absurd that Scientology gets away with what it does. Also, there are a lot of parallels between Scientology and other religions in the world. 

Tom Cruise is creepy. Im glad people just spoke up about it and did something about. The mind can be gullible at times. Hubbard got it figured out though, turning this into some scheme.

^ The Scientology PR game is too strong. They toned down his bad image.

Nowadays you never see him promoting/talking about Scientology. And guess what? Everyone is back to loving him.

PS - Regardless of his religion, I always thought he was a pretty decent actor.

^ The Scientology PR game is too strong. They toned down his bad image.

Nowadays you never see him promoting/talking about Scientology. And guess what? Everyone is back to loving him.

PS - Regardless of his religion, I always thought he was a pretty decent actor.

Do u remember the part where they zoomed in on cruise. The guy that audited said peeps from scientology can aound arrogant, on top of the world and psychotic. It probably help Cruise with that mind set. I dont think I‘ve seen him star in much other genres other than the action, hero, agent, type of roles. Dude is a psycho with weird sex fantasies.

Back
Top Bottom