Anyone work as a car washer for a rental car company??

I just got an interview and have a good possibility of getting the job. I was wondering if anyone has worked as a car washer for a rental car company? If so how is it? $11.69/hr is not bad working full time 
pimp.gif

I did it for Enterprise for a summer. It was terrible. Working outside all day, cleaning cars nobody gives a %!#% about. People bring back cars that are disgusting!!

I used to wash cars as a kid, and it is one of the most simple jobs (in terms of skill) you can ever do. It's tiring tho

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

I did it for Enterprise for a summer. It was terrible. Working outside all day, cleaning cars nobody gives a %!#% about. People bring back cars that are disgusting!!

terrible? honestly cant be that bad cleaning cars all day IMO. its not like a car wash where your dealing with annoying customers. just cars

I worked for enterprise for 18months. You won't just be washing cars. When it's busy they'll ask you to go pick up cars that are dropped off at dealerships. They'll ask you to drop customers off, and then eventually have you picking people up at their houses, from the body shop, dealer etc. 11.69 an hr is better than zero an hr. So do it up man. I saw plenty of gross cars, but for the most part, if you're the one who always cleans the car and do a good job, when cars come back(avg rental is 3 days, i'd say) in they only take about 10-15mins to get prepped.

At every branch I worked at, if a car came back crazy dirty, we'd charge the customer a $150-250 detailing fee, and have a detailer come out. The worst thing you really need to deal with normally, is pet hair, and the results of little kids throwing cereal and snacks around the back seat, or gum something like that.

Pro Tip: If a customer smoked in the car, wipe down all the interior of the windows and spray the citrus cleaner than Enterprise uses into the carpet, then let the car air out for an hour.

i worked for E-prise for about 3 years, managed 4 branches.

The car prep job was pretty easy, just vacuum the car out, and pull it around to the front. Had to be quick tho, angry customers waiting around for their cars.

$11.69 is a good wage for that, my preps were getting like 9 bucks.

i would love that job, i had a porter gig at a ford dealership and thats pretty much all i did, wash cars and sit on my $@@ didnt get paid $11 though thats
pimp.gif

The Mercedes dealership I worked at also had a enterprise office. They had this young kid as their washer, and it was probably the easiest job. All he had to do was vacuum, quick wash of the outside and that's about it. Honestly took no longer than 5-10 minutes from start to finish. Although at times it could get very boring because there was nothing to do for long periods of time.

Sick thanks for the responses guys. I like boring. It's easy pay lol. But for the detail service charge that customers would get if it was really messy, would I be getting a cut from that?? Lol and would I have to clean it all up? Like if sumone took a ##$% and wiped it all inside the windows and car or sumthing. Any crazy stories??

Lol, na man, you don't get a cut from the detailing charge. The branch gets whatever the difference is on the actual detail charge. IDK what state you're in, but in NJ now, the car preps aren't even allowed to wash the cars because of EPA issues. So really you just drive the car to the car wash and clean the inside.

^^****ing awesome dude. I was thinking about if we would be washing the cars by hand, but I figured there would be a car wash area to drive through. That makes it so much easier. I have the interview tomorrow at 3:30. =X

I've done both Enterprise for couple years and a Limo company for a whole summer.. both was TURRIBLE!!

Back
Top Bottom