Anyone work for AT&T?

I work for T-Mobile now, pulling in about $2000 in commission and $12.50 an hour with a flexible schedule, just far location from my house.  I have an offer for a job at AT&T paying more hourly but i'm not sure what there commission structure is, system they use, training, etc.  Any details, experiences, thoughts? i'm still in school as well and hear they are pretty rough on working around your schedule as well even though it's right by my house.  

I work for T-Mobile now, pulling in about $2000 in commission and $12.50 an hour with a flexible schedule, just far location from my house.  I have an offer for a job at AT&T paying more hourly but i'm not sure what there commission structure is, system they use, training, etc.  Any details, experiences, thoughts? i'm still in school as well and hear they are pretty rough on working around your schedule as well even though it's right by my house.  

I work for T-Mobile corp store, and I know someone who works at a ATT corporate store, he told me about one of their reps had a 9k commission check. You will make more money there being that they offer more products that you can make commission on. It would maybe be a safe move for the merger thats about to go down.

I work for T-Mobile corp store, and I know someone who works at a ATT corporate store, he told me about one of their reps had a 9k commission check. You will make more money there being that they offer more products that you can make commission on. It would maybe be a safe move for the merger thats about to go down.

A friend of mine had a 12k commission check (he's a top5 seller in the country though) but that's FAR from the average commission which use to be ~2,000$, and a way higher hourly. However they JUST changed the commission format, and its never for the better
ohwell.gif
. Having worked for both companies though, AT&T is far better in terms of 401k, benefits, Paid Time Off, and far more professional. T-mobile might not be around come next year, so I would definitely make the switch. With the hourly pay that you'll get, it will negate the possible downside of the new commission structure.

A friend of mine had a 12k commission check (he's a top5 seller in the country though) but that's FAR from the average commission which use to be ~2,000$, and a way higher hourly. However they JUST changed the commission format, and its never for the better
ohwell.gif
. Having worked for both companies though, AT&T is far better in terms of 401k, benefits, Paid Time Off, and far more professional. T-mobile might not be around come next year, so I would definitely make the switch. With the hourly pay that you'll get, it will negate the possible downside of the new commission structure.

Original poster where u located? Im currently at a T-Mo corporate store but my location hasnt seen any good traffic since like Dec., i went from getting $2000 commision checks to $750- $1200. Now, im tryna to figure out whether i should just jump ship and try to get hired at AT&T. Would I make more money? Whats the commision structure?

Especially since T-Mobile is about to change their commission structure very soon now that we have the Deposit Program...

Original poster where u located? Im currently at a T-Mo corporate store but my location hasnt seen any good traffic since like Dec., i went from getting $2000 commision checks to $750- $1200. Now, im tryna to figure out whether i should just jump ship and try to get hired at AT&T. Would I make more money? Whats the commision structure?

Especially since T-Mobile is about to change their commission structure very soon now that we have the Deposit Program...

Yeah the merger has me worried a bit too, it's a great job to have while in College.  I always hear that AT&T is considered more of a career because they are so strict with certain things so that's why they don't really work around your school schedule, etc.  I'm in a corp store also in the Upper West Side in NYC with T-Mobile so the money is good, rich area so the people are willing to spend which I doubt would be the same with the AT&T in Queens that I was offered the job at. 
searchin, I feel you bro, lately things haven't been looking as good.  The last busy day I remember was the free phones promotion for Valentines Day.  All the phones now are so expensive since the price changes so it's harder for people to upgrade or sign up when your asking for $250 for a My Touch 4G which is just wayyyyy to much trying to sign somebody up to a 2 year contract or full upgrade.

Also, why would customers want to sign up with a company for 2 years if nobody knows whats going to happen with the company after this year? leaves customers in doubt, than AT&T customers have no point in leaving to join T-Mobile because were gonna become AT&T anyways so theres a lot of different ways to look at it.

Yeah the merger has me worried a bit too, it's a great job to have while in College.  I always hear that AT&T is considered more of a career because they are so strict with certain things so that's why they don't really work around your school schedule, etc.  I'm in a corp store also in the Upper West Side in NYC with T-Mobile so the money is good, rich area so the people are willing to spend which I doubt would be the same with the AT&T in Queens that I was offered the job at. 
searchin, I feel you bro, lately things haven't been looking as good.  The last busy day I remember was the free phones promotion for Valentines Day.  All the phones now are so expensive since the price changes so it's harder for people to upgrade or sign up when your asking for $250 for a My Touch 4G which is just wayyyyy to much trying to sign somebody up to a 2 year contract or full upgrade.

Also, why would customers want to sign up with a company for 2 years if nobody knows whats going to happen with the company after this year? leaves customers in doubt, than AT&T customers have no point in leaving to join T-Mobile because were gonna become AT&T anyways so theres a lot of different ways to look at it.

Not to change the topic but one of my boys work at AT&T..and this kid makes BANK just from commision, i was so jelly when he told me.

All that training they put you through though....i'd probably just give up and walk out lol.

Not to change the topic but one of my boys work at AT&T..and this kid makes BANK just from commision, i was so jelly when he told me.

All that training they put you through though....i'd probably just give up and walk out lol.

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

Queens has two stores which had the most gross postpaids last two months in the country for AT&T. I'm curious now though which store, I can probably give you more detail on how well the store you may be going to does. And its alot easier nowadays to sell AT&T plan with that new unlimited texting feature that also gives you unlimited calling to all cell phones for the same price. Plus the iPhone sells easier than crack in the 80s
pimp.gif

And damn Cam, sucks about the layoff. You must have been in the landline side, did you make a switch to wireless?

Queens has two stores which had the most gross postpaids last two months in the country for AT&T. I'm curious now though which store, I can probably give you more detail on how well the store you may be going to does. And its alot easier nowadays to sell AT&T plan with that new unlimited texting feature that also gives you unlimited calling to all cell phones for the same price. Plus the iPhone sells easier than crack in the 80s
pimp.gif

And damn Cam, sucks about the layoff. You must have been in the landline side, did you make a switch to wireless?

Originally Posted by GreenRanger

pimp.gif

Yeah, I was...it was on the decline for years. I debated on wireless, but at the time, they weren't hiring....not to mention I got used to working 9-6 w/no weekends; the whole retail thing working crazy hours wasn't my cup of tea, and I pretty much hate ALL wireless stores....they're so caught up on commission, customer service went out the window; at least that's how it is here. You literally have to wait 30 mins-1 hr.in order to speak w/someone & they dont even greet you when you walk in the door

Back
Top Bottom