ANYONE WORK/HEARD/KNOW OF WORLD FINANCIAL GROUP?

Your typical multi level marketing company. Just gotta bring hella people in if you want to make any kind of money.
Personally, I don't mess with that kind of stuff. Too much $$$ up front and it takes too long.

^what they said. you were probably in a meeting with other people telling you about their success stories and how it changed their life. and if you are a topseller you go to a trip somewhere in jamaica. don't bother

There are a lot of "marketing associate" positions out there with insurance sales companies (MetLife, Northwestern Mutual, etc.). A friend who had ahard time finding work took a job as a "financial analyst" with a company like this and he didn't see a penny for a year. His "salary"went toward his "training", and he learned the only way to make money is to make as many sales as possible, which is hard to do. In a nutshell, thejob is like being a glorified telemarketer.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Your typical multi level marketing company. Just gotta bring hella people in if you want to make any kind of money.
Personally, I don't mess with that kind of stuff. Too much $$$ up front and it takes too long.
basically. Way too much time and money to invest on such little return.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

i wouldnt recommend it
ok. elaborate?

Thanks for the input, I will be taking relatively difficult courses this fall: managerial acct, econ (money and banking and the federal reserve), business law,business ethics... and at another college I have to take life drawing and a communication class to keep my job at their bookstore.

Not to mention my position in Student Government...

So I really don't have any time to waste.

yeah, it's another one of those muilti-level marketing things. basically, the people who are earning the most money are already way at the top levels. just listen to the people who are telling the success stories. they've been making good money because they started out earlier than most. some people domake money just starting out, as much as few hundred bucks to a few low thousands. is it worth your time and effort to pursue? that's up to you.

Originally Posted by JT AIR JT

ok. elaborate?

Thanks for the input, I will be taking relatively difficult courses this fall: managerial acct, econ (money and banking and the federal reserve), business law, business ethics... and at another college I have to take life drawing and a communication class to keep my job at their bookstore.

Not to mention my position in Student Government...

So I really don't have any time to waste.
So how did you expect to have time for a job like this with such a large course workload?

I've done it before. But this does seem like a huge time commitment, with little to no return.

what they usually do is get you to write down 100 people that you know. and their telephone numbers. you call them up and try to sell them stuff like lifeinsurance or whatever. everything you sell, the person above you gets a piece, and the person above him gets a piece etc. do you want to be THAT guy amongstyour family and friends? not sure what WFG is up to nowadays, but ive been to one of their meetings because a friend from church wanted me to check it out.waste of time. i rolled up in that meeting rocking jeans and a tshirt...the top lady there told me to wear business casual next time, i was like effff you iaint coming back to this pyramid scheme.

if any company promises you'll retire before you are 35, you really gotta wonder why all of them are old as hell.

Originally Posted by chickhien

what they usually do is get you to write down 100 people that you know. and their telephone numbers. you call them up and try to sell them stuff like life insurance or whatever. everything you sell, the person above you gets a piece, and the person above him gets a piece etc. do you want to be THAT guy amongst your family and friends? not sure what WFG is up to nowadays, but ive been to one of their meetings because a friend from church wanted me to check it out. waste of time. i rolled up in that meeting rocking jeans and a tshirt...the top lady there told me to wear business casual next time, i was like effff you i aint coming back to this pyramid scheme.

if any company promises you'll retire before you are 35, you really gotta wonder why all of them are old as hell.
seems like Cutco, especially the 100 people that you know scenario. I know what Cutco is all about, wasted so much time during summer because ofthat pyramid scheme.

Thanks for y'alls input.

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Seems like a pyramid scheme at first glance IMO

Ditto.
& I deal with tons of Brokers/Banks/etc etc on the street & sounds bogus.

Back
Top Bottom