Anything I need to know before or after getting my wisdom teeth removed?

General anesthesia.
Hell no.

Stay awake for the extraction.  It's awesome.  I was shook before my extraction, but as soon as that sweet air hit me I was having the time of my life. 
laugh.gif

The extraction is actually the fun part.  Everything after sucks.

Besides, the oral surgeon will probably be more inclined to be rougher if you're completely under.  Every person that I know that went under general anesthesia came out with bruised cheeks.  
You're sick
laugh.gif

Nothing fun about having a tooth extracted, bruh.

I was in/out of the office within 45 minutes.

Simple process, and just make sure to follow the dentists' orders about treatment following the procedure.
I mean...if I was given the option of NOT getting my tooth extracted I'd obviously choose that.  But if it has to happen might as well have a little fun with it.

Dat sweet air had me living in a YOLO submarine. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Got one tooth taken out 2 years ago. Got percs but used Tylenol instead.

After the morphine wore off I was in my bed moaning for like 2 hours straight cause it hurt so bad. My pain tolerance is terrible.

All I hear is try not to get dry socket

You should also be given a syringe to rinse the extracted tooth area. Make sure to do this everyday because food will get stuck in there and its pretty nasty!

My coworker had this done, she came to work looking nice like a chipmunk, I felt bad but it was funny as hell

Make sure you don't eat 24 hrs before the analthesia. You can vomit your food while asleep and choke on your vomit and die. Make sure the anesthesiologist is diligent and knows what he/she is doing. People make mistakes and give either too little or too much anesthesia. If it's too little, you'll wake up in the middle of the operation and feel everything. If it's too much, you might not wake up. But other than that, take your meds, and have your girl be your servant for about 5 days

do you have to remove your wisdom teeth though?

:nerd:

To my knowledge, no you don't. If you don't have impacted wisdom teeth or they aren't causing any problems with the rest of your teeth/mouth they don't have to be removed.

I got 4 teeth cut out, followed by all of my wisdom teeth, in 1 year.

Heed my words.
The doctor is going to make you keep a gauze in your mouth to soak up blood. You're supposed to change it often, and rinse with salt water, and spritz this stuff on the opened areas.

DO IT.
FREQUENTLY.

If you don't, this bump kinda thing will swell up over the hole where you got the teeth cut out and it'll feel like a piece of bubble gum is stuck in your mouth and it's REALLY annoying.
Also don't eat rice... at all.

Other than that if you have a girl or something to take care of you its fun fam. You'll be sleep from the time the surgery starts till the end. And then you'll be tipsy for like 4 hours (depending on weight). I got home, got help getting up the stairs, fell over on my bed and was out cold from 1-5pm. Think of it as a short term drunk spree.

Damn my *****, how many teeth do you have left? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom