APPLE EVENT JUST STARTED!!!!!!!

Just give me a phone that doesn't start running slow and freezing...which every android I've had has ended up doing

iPhones hold up...haven't cared about custom **** since I was

Last edited:
Upgrading to an sshd has been a pain in the ***.
Putting the sshd in the mac was simple.
Migrating my user account and restoring from time machine has been dreadful.
I've reinstalled osx to my mac 3 times and I've tried to restore from my backup 2 twice. 
I can't sign into my original account, but I can sign into an account that I created. 
The only bright side I guess is that my mac starts up in 45sec rather than 2min 32sec.

You took the worst route possible. All you have to do is clone your hdd
i've cloned my hdd via carbon copy cloner in addition to using time machine. What's the next step?

So putting in a new hard drive and trying to restore from a backup on my external harddrive isn't going to go smoothly?

So putting in a new hard drive and trying to restore from a backup on my external harddrive isn't going to go smoothly?

Im not big on Macs but I know about HDD, I prefer to just do an exact clone when I am replacing a hdd. It doesnt require you to compress a disk image into some other format.

i've cloned my hdd via carbon copy cloner in addition to using time machine. What's the next step?

Not into macs but these instructions seem similar to how it is on Windows.

http://www.imore.com/how-easily-clone-your-mac-using-superduper-or-carbon-copy-cloner

Once you clone a drive you shouldnt have to do anything it should replicate the data exactly like how it is on the other HDD so it should be bootable. Just replace the old hdd with the new one and it should be like nothing happened.

it went horribly for me yesterday. I spent 13 hours trying to get my mac to how it was. I couldn't log back into my original account, even though i was typing in the correct password. I searched various forums and there were some people who experienced the same problem. I cloned my hdd so i'm going to restore from that rather than using time machine again.

You'll need a torx 6, phillips 00, and a sata usb enclosure.

I've reinstalled osx to my mac 3 times and I've tried to restore from my backup 2 twice. 
I can't sign into my original account, but I can sign into an account that I created. 
The only bright side I guess is that my mac starts up in 45sec rather than 2min 32sec.

Once you put the SSD in, install OS X again, and back up from Time Machine .. everything is suppose to be good

Where do you store your time machine backups? I hope a external ..

Once you put the SSD in, install OS X again, and back up from Time Machine .. everything is suppose to be good

Where do you store your time machine backups? I hope a external ..
What you said is what I initially did. I backed my info twice to two externals. My ccc backup on one and my tm backup on the other.

Everytime I restored via time machine, everything seemed fine until I tried to log in after a restart. When I log in, it accepts my password. 

However, I'm taken back to the login screen every single time. If I created a new user when I wiped the shdd, I can log into the new user account. 

I ordered a usb enclousure, so hopefully using my ccc backup will do the trick.

time machine has failed me

Last edited:
What you said is what I initially did. I backed my info twice to two externals. My ccc backup on one and my tm backup on the other.
Everytime I restored via time machine, everything seemed fine until I tried to log in after a restart. When I log in, it accepts my password. 
However, I'm taken back to the login screen every single time. If I created a new user when I wiped the shdd, I can log into the new user account. 
I ordered a usb enclousure, so hopefully using my ccc backup will do the trick.
time machine has failed me
Damn that's weird, if you have a CCC back up on a external did you try that?

Boot up your Mac with the external (press option) and run from your back up

After that do the Carbon Copy process over except your target disk would be your internal HD not the external

Or are you saying you don't have a way to connect your external to your Mac?

SUCCESS!!!

CCCed my hdd to my shdd.

Worked like a charm!

F Time Machine!

Carbon Copy Cloner.
pimp.gif

Edit:

After using and sshd for about 5min, I'm glad you guys convinced me to upgrade.

Thanks gentlemen.

Last edited:
I'm looking to upgrade to an ssd. I don't really have questions in regards on how to transfer my Mac OS from my current drive to the ssd, my question regards the bootcamp partition I have on my current drive. How do I go about transferring the windows partition on my current drive on the ssd? Also, would any of this affect parallels?

Depends what you do with your laptop so it's still an improvement

SSD >> SSHD > HDD

They arent bad. The SSD does cache files so its not like your most used files wont be getting the advantage. Its not quite as fast as having only an ssd drive but if youre using your slave drive heavily and you dont have many options internal wise its not a bad look.

I'm liking the beta so far, except certain programs have been bugging out on me (images in Safari, Aperture). Might be a bad graphics card though...have to bring it by a store and have em check it out.

iOS8 on the other hand has been crazy buggy for me

Back
Top Bottom