Apple iTunes flaw 'allowed government spying' / Android recording everything you do

Originally Posted by devildog1776

its why i got rid of my iphone...............

I'am a Alex Jones / Infowars.com listener and he been preaching this since 08 - 09.....
I finally gave in this yr and switched to metro pcs with a regular non smartphone

conspiracy theorist speak about the "chip" , but what they dont realize that we have been conditioned via media to accept these chips that are with us 24 hrs a day(smartphones) osx/android ..we have FB, Twitter , etc and all of our thoughts contacts and plans are in one location.....

People look at me like Im crazy but hey , "you gonna learn today"
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by kilojules64

My issue with this thinking is that the internet isn't made up of your technology and it's not made up of my technology. 
If we want to use someone else's &^%$ we have to pay taxes right? 
laugh.gif

If android wants to secretly sell our keystrokes to the government there's nothing stopping them because we're still using their phones.
It's wrong and it's lame that we have to expect invasion of privacy on the internet but there's an easy solution and that's to innovate a new network. Stop relying on other people's applied science and apply some science of your own. 

Do you think us being privy to the fact that they're watching scares the government? Of course not, they're probably laughing at this thread 
laugh.gif
. What would scare them would be not being able to watch us at all 
pimp.gif

(that was definitely all a "join me" sublim in disguise so that everyone on NT will fall as deeply in love with the sciences as I have 
nerd.gif
)

I support you. I'm on the same tip as well. You have to be careful though, mighty suspicious = bigger eye from bigger brother. And that type of eye will not be in the form of an OS.
damn i couldn't have said it better. 
I mean honestly...

I think its worth calling these companies out on their privacy invasions so that they know we're paying attention...but honestly did you think that in using a system someone else created that they wouldn't peek into your life from time to time?
grin.gif

I mean I dont own a cellphone network...and I know the NSA is listening for key-words to trip the automatic recorder so it'd be pretty stupid to still use them all willy-nilly without trying to protect myself.

Its like the mob-boss they caught by tapping his cellphone...when it was turned off...
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

What's sad is that at this point, 99% of people have a price and who better to figure out that price than the government
tired.gif

I mean, I probably would too if it weren't for the fact that my idea of happiness has nothing to do with what it looks like in the media (or the fact that I care more about keeping up with condensed matter physics than keeping up with the joneses
laugh.gif
)
Plus a lot of people who really wouldn't sell out for money are working on things that won't realistically be allowed to happen (my mentors tell me about one their colleagues being blacklisted at least biweekly)

edit: this tangent was pretty unrelated
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Here's a tip: don't do anything stupid or illegal. Problem solved. When I get a cell phone I just assume everything is getting tracked. You guys get worked up over things that don't affect you in any noticeable way.

Spoken like a true Stasi supporter. Go back to East Berlin, Neocon.

241-1-ddr-stasi.jpg

Originally Posted by rashi

Here's a tip: don't do anything stupid or illegal. Problem solved. When I get a cell phone I just assume everything is getting tracked. You guys get worked up over things that don't affect you in any noticeable way.

241-1-ddr-stasi.jpg
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by devildog1776

its why i got rid of my iphone...............

I'am a Alex Jones / Infowars.com listener and he been preaching this since 08 - 09.....
I finally gave in this yr and switched to metro pcs with a regular non smartphone

conspiracy theorist speak about the "chip" , but what they dont realize that we have been conditioned via media to accept these chips that are with us 24 hrs a day(smartphones) osx/android ..we have FB, Twitter , etc and all of our thoughts contacts and plans are in one location.....

People look at me like Im crazy but hey , "you gonna learn today"
holy !!%@, they flipped the script, its not under our skin, it's in our pockets.
hell they may be putting the chips in newborns, when they send them off to the incubators
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by rashi

241-1-ddr-stasi.jpg
roll.gif

What are you people so scared they will find out? Banking info really? ssn? You don't think they already know this stuff? IRS come on unless your doing illegal things then I doubt they even care. Also if you are doing illegal stuff on your phone your stupid and you were gonna get caught either way

laugh.gif
Uh oh, 37 visitors to my profile today, they're onto me.

I'm not "scared" of them finding out anything, more like peeved that people like you are so willing to give up private info. Why are you so eager to do so? Want them reading through private conversations? Knowing every little detail about you? Not so slick, nick.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Apple: We Stopped Supporting Carrier IQ With iOS 5[/h1]

December 1, 2011 at 12:18 pm PT

Forstall_iOS5-150x150.png

Apple has finally weighed in on the Carrier IQ debacle. In a statement issued moments ago, the company said while it has used Carrier IQ’s network diagnostic software in the past, it recently stopped supporting it and plans to remove it from its mobile devices in a future software update. It also denied collecting any personal information. The statement in full, below:

“We stopped supporting Carrier IQ with iOS 5 in most of our products and will remove it completely in a future software update. With any diagnostic data sent to Apple, customers must actively opt-in to share this information, and if they do, the data is sent in an anonymous and encrypted form and does not include any personal information. We never recorded keystrokes, messages or any other personal information for diagnostic data and have no plans to ever do so.

About two hours ago Senator Al Franken sent their CEO a letter asking for an explanation...
http://www.appleinsider.c...tiny_from_us_senate.html

I bet all those custom roms and jailbreaks have this installed as well. Thats why i never rotted my droid or ipad because those developers that do this can easily install this

There is going to be a worldwide update by all carriers within next day to remove this I bet lol

I knew the constant iTunes updates were suspect.

I believe the Adobe Flash updates are shady also.

I been knowing bout it. Everything we do on our phone can be use against us by cia

Originally Posted by scshift

At this point, it's too much effort and I'm too lazy to even want to worry. Hopefully it never ruins my life, it's a waste of time to even care now 
tired.gif
This.

Originally Posted by fly23s

I been knowing bout it. Everything we do on our phone can be use against us by cia
NSA.

happy.gif

I literally had not ever heard about the North American Cooperative Security Act of 2006. All of this is very intriguing information.

As for the cell phones, anyone who knows even a tiny bit about the government and it's subsidiaries can tell you that the technology we see today is, in comparison, like the dial-up technology (or maybe even MS-DOS) of the past to the military. The NSA has beacons set up across the world, each of which have the capability to intercept over 2 million pieces of communication an hour. Things like this have existed for a while now.

Originally Posted by Iamchris

Droids only or iPhones too?

It is not phone/OS specific, its mostly the carriers its self that load it in with all the bloatware from what I have heard so far.

And blackberry suppose to be the most secure phone..LOL

Anyway why you thought they were making everyone buy androids and smart phones within last few years

Why do you think more and more celebrities , corporate people having being getting indicted

Back
Top Bottom