Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

i want my phone already. :frown:

anyone know what this message on the apple store means when you go to the "buy now" page for the iphone 5?

For Apple Retail Stores, buy online between 10:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m. local time for in-store pickup the next day. Limited quantities available.

Last edited:
So I decided to call Apple today for the hell of it just to rule out the issue of the battery being faulty. He did the diagnostics and the battery came back good.

He said in my area the LTE could be spotty, which I suspected, and that's drawing more juice trying to keep the signal. Sucks man, because I really was looking forward to 4g all the time.

Oh well, I'm glad the phone is not the issue. I will just switch to 3g when it gets low to save juice.

my wifi has been password free for 5 years now :lol:

ha, no joke? not even the admin password to log in and change your settings? aren't you worried someone can log onto the router (you can just google the default admin password for a manufacturer's router) and play with settings like turn off internet at different times of the day, re-direct common websites to other web sites, block certain websites or just put my own wifi password on it so the owners can't connect to it, etc.

i want my phone already. :frown:

anyone know what this message on the apple store means when you go to the "buy now" page for the iphone 5?

For Apple Retail Stores, buy online between 10:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m. local time for in-store pickup the next day. Limited quantities available.

It means you can reserve your phone and pick it up in the store the following day.

Im getting more heated every time I read "JUST GOT MY PHONE". Still waiting on these Bestbuy IDIOTS to receive their shipment.

FYI, if you're on AT&T and you're eligible for a full upgrade this month check out Best Buy & Apple as they will let you upgrade now. I have 4 lines that were due at the end of the month and they're all eligible now on both Apple and Best Buy website.

Is there a ticker news app that will show in notifications similar to the stock ticker?  Sports?

Or is that type of thing only available with a jailbreak?

There was a carrier update released by Verizon recently. Not sure if ATT or Sprint released one. To get it, go to Settings > General > About us. It should prompt you to update and click Ok. Then you will have to reset your phone by holding the sleep button down, then sliding to turn it off.

Not sure what this is for quite yet. I think it's for the WiFi issue where the LTE was staying on. LTE should be disabled if you are connected to WiFi. This should help with battery life for those who use WiFi.

how long does it take for the prompt to appear?

how long does it take for the prompt to appear?
1. Tap Settings > General > About.
2. Wait for the following alert to appear: (top right)
3. Tap OK to install the update.
4. Hold the Sleep/Wake button down until you see "slide to power off".
5. Slide to power off.
6. After the device powers off, hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn your phone back on.

13.1 is the update right? i have it, i never got no prompt or my phone never restarted

my wifi is dead *** slow tho, and my lte is not that fast in houston verizon

13.1 is the update right? i have it, i never got no prompt or my phone never restarted
my wifi is dead *** slow tho, and my lte is not that fast in houston verizon
Weird, when did you get your iPhone? Was it on 9/21 with the first wave? Mine prompted me last night after checking this.

Is anybody using one of those generic lightning cables off of eBay? If so how do you like it? See one on eBay for $15 :nerd:

Is anybody using one of those generic lightning cables off of eBay? If so how do you like it? See one on eBay for $15 :nerd:

the apple lightning cable is only $19..if it were more of a difference i'd go with the variant. wait til they hit monoprice, should be dirt cheap

Ah, it could've already been added to your phone. I never noticed the update until yesterday.

Any word on when car chargers will come out with the new connection? I guess I could always get a USB plug in and just buy another cable and leave in my car... That could be around $40 though.

Man i cant find this phone ANYWHERE!!!! urggghh

anybody know if theres an store carrying a black 64gb AT&T in the New Jersey Hudson County area? 

theres apple stores in NY and Shorthills but i dont want to voyage too far... if i dont have to 
nerd.gif

^
Try Radioshack. They make you spend $20 on accessories though.

I got the Verizon update around 10am. I wasn't having issues with my wifi.

I'm really starting to hate this capped data from Verizon. I wanted to try out the nav app so I used it on the way home. More than a quarter of my data for the month was used today >:.

Last edited:
my wifi has been password free for 5 years now :lol:

I suggest locking that up like others have suggested before me, my friend.

i thought that too, then saw this. pretty cool.

I actually set a couple up on my car, macbook, and by my bedside to automatically set up my alarm.
Vid had dope ideas. :nthat:

I dont trust NFC. The Mythbusters were censored from airing an episode about how easy NFC/RFID technology is to hack, no brute force needed.

I can respect your opinion, but everything digital is basically susceptible to hacks. Remember the countless times people have hacked into millions of itunes accounts?

-Drew

:x :x :x

First Apple says that easy scratches on the new iPhone 5 is "normal"

Now this.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-5...phone-5-purple-camera-halo-is-totally-normal/

Apple says iPhone 5 purple camera halo is totally normal
A new support e-mail purportedly from Apple to a customer says any purple halos in iPhone 5 photos are "normal behavior."

by Josh Lowensohn October 1, 2012 3:14 PM PDT
The iPhone 5's camera.
(Credit: Apple )
Apple has told at least one customer that any purple halos found in photos taken on the company's iPhone 5 are considered normal and due to the angling of the device.
Gizmodo today posts what it says is a reply from an AppleCare support representative named Debby to an iPhone 5 owner who called the company complaining about the issue.
"Our engineering team just gave me this information and we recommend that you angle the camera away from the bright light source when taking pictures," AppleCare rep Debby writes in an e-mail. "The purple flare in the image provided is considered normal behavior for iPhone 5's camera."
The issue in question is a purple color that typically shows up on the edges of photos when a light source is immediately nearby, though can occur even when the light is off frame. It can also affect both photos and videos.
Some users began complaining about the issue just after Apple's new phone went on sale last month. The problem was not apparent during CNET's own testing of the iPhone 5, which is ongoing.
So far Apple has not put out any official information, including support articles that detail the issue. The company declined to comment on the support e-mail.
Here's an example of the purple coloring on the side of this test shot. The light source is off frame:

(Credit: CNET )
Updated at 4:30 p.m. PT adds that Apple declined to comment.

The **** is Apple doing? :rolleyes

-Drew

:x :x :x

First Apple says that easy scratches on the new iPhone 5 is "normal"

Now this.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-5...phone-5-purple-camera-halo-is-totally-normal/

Apple says iPhone 5 purple camera halo is totally normal
A new support e-mail purportedly from Apple to a customer says any purple halos in iPhone 5 photos are "normal behavior."

by Josh Lowensohn October 1, 2012 3:14 PM PDT
The iPhone 5's camera.
(Credit: Apple )
Apple has told at least one customer that any purple halos found in photos taken on the company's iPhone 5 are considered normal and due to the angling of the device.
Gizmodo today posts what it says is a reply from an AppleCare support representative named Debby to an iPhone 5 owner who called the company complaining about the issue.
"Our engineering team just gave me this information and we recommend that you angle the camera away from the bright light source when taking pictures," AppleCare rep Debby writes in an e-mail. "The purple flare in the image provided is considered normal behavior for iPhone 5's camera."
The issue in question is a purple color that typically shows up on the edges of photos when a light source is immediately nearby, though can occur even when the light is off frame. It can also affect both photos and videos.
Some users began complaining about the issue just after Apple's new phone went on sale last month. The problem was not apparent during CNET's own testing of the iPhone 5, which is ongoing.
So far Apple has not put out any official information, including support articles that detail the issue. The company declined to comment on the support e-mail.
Here's an example of the purple coloring on the side of this test shot. The light source is off frame:

(Credit: CNET )
Updated at 4:30 p.m. PT adds that Apple declined to comment.

The **** is Apple doing? :rolleyes

-Drew

this ain't news. seems to happen with every release. "oh that's normal. just don't use it the way you're using it and you won't have a problem." >D

Back
Top Bottom