Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

I think I'm having a change of heart on these. Up until now Ive wanted these again REALLY bad. 

I had the OGs, and I've had my 2007 pair since 2010, and have been rocking them when nobody was thinking about 8s. 

Now with this upcoming release, it might be team to put this 8 colorway to sleep. Lots of people will have these, and they really wont feel unique to me anymore.

Im gonna try to haunt down a pair of 2013 Playoff 8s for a decent price. I dont really see alot of people in those. 

Im gonna let the new generation enjoy these. 

I think I'm having a change of heart on these. Up until now Ive wanted these again REALLY bad. 

I had the OGs, and I've had my 2007 pair since 2010, and have been rocking them when nobody was thinking about 8s. 

Now with this upcoming release, it might be team to put this 8 colorway to sleep. Lots of people will have these, and they really wont feel unique to me anymore.

Im gonna try to haunt down a pair of 2013 Playoff 8s for a decent price. I dont really see alot of people in those. 

you realize that in 3 years these won't be a common sight just like how in 2010 the 07s weren't a common sight. I respect your decision regardless, I hope they bring the playoffs back again.

View media item 1793847

Last edited:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you realize that in 3 years these won't be a common sight just like how in 2010 the 07s weren't a common sight. I respect your decision regardless, I hope they bring the playoffs back again.
Yea these won't be in sight, but I just think I might be done. They're still in my top 3 grails tho. 

Besides, the playoffs are an easier colorway to wear with more outfits. 

Its really gonna be a gametime decision with these. 

Yea these won't be in sight, but I just think I might be done. They're still in my top 3 grails tho. 

Besides, the playoffs are an easier colorway to wear with more outfits. 

Its really gonna be a gametime decision with these. 

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I disagree. Aqua's can be worn with just as much outfits as the Playoffs can.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I disagree. Aqua's can be worn with just as much outfits as the Playoffs can.
I put in for 5 raffles on Monday. Still waiting for a callback. 

If I get a call back, I'll more than likely cop. If i dont get one, my decision is easy lol

*Waits for someone to say the 2015 Retro aqua is the best quality aqua to date simply because it's the only aqua they own*

don't bother b. It's only a matter of time before those come out again as well.  wearing j's to be unique is a thing of the past.

If you really want to be unique with j's, then you have to cop pairs that are not popular. you could make any colorway look hot if you rock em right.

Last edited:
-Hypebeast
Not at all bro. 

don't bother b. It's only a matter of time before those come out again as well.  wearing j's to be unique is a thing of the past.

If you really want to be unique with j's, then you have to cop pairs that are not popular. you could make any colorway look hot if you rock em right.
Yea I agree. I like rocking J's that are unpopular at the time. 

I didnt start wearing my Bordeauxs until a few weeks ago. Wanted to save it for the Fall/Winter. 

Raptor 7s have been getting ALOT of wear lately as well

You might as well not wear Jordans then fam lol. Unless it's something like Just-Don 2's or Eminem 4's.

You might as well not wear Jordans then fam lol. Unless it's something like Just-Don 2's or Eminem 4's.
I feel like you can still pull off being unique with Jordans as long as you don't rock them "in season".

For example, if a shoe drops in December, I would want to avoid the hot period (Dec- Feb) when everybody is gonna wanna wear them. I'd wait until like Spring time to pull them out after the hype has died down. 

I feel like you can still pull off being unique with Jordans as long as you don't rock them "in season".

For example, if a shoe drops in December, I would want to avoid the hot period (Dec- Feb) when everybody is gonna wanna wear them. I'd wait until like Spring time to pull them out after the hype has died down. 

If you like a shoe you really shouldn't care who and how many people are wearing em. Shoes do not characterize your uniqueness to say the least.

I went to a small chain retailer down the street from my job during lunch for the hell of it. I asked to see the Aqua's he and followed up and asked what my size was. He brought that good ol' size 13 out and after looking at them for about 2 minutes he says, "So are you going to buy them or what?" I'm like, "Right now?" Needless to say I forked over the $205 and fled the scene. I paid cash and he had to cut the barcode off the box which I didn't mind. I wasn't tripping because I know how that works.

I'll post shots when I get to the house. I'm sure these have been posted enough but I'll contribute anyway.

That's an understandable strategy, but the effectiveness would be short lived. As you know, Jordan brand would re retro the same shoe again and again and again. It's only a matter of time before everybody is rocking your favorite shoe.

I think I'm only gong to attempt one pair of these in RD. If they hang around for a few weeks I'll get my 2nd pair then.

:stoneface:

You don't want a pair of shoes you originally did want, because too many other people will also have them.......

Instead, you're going to hunt down a different pair because less people have those.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Last edited:

Instead, you're going to hunt down a different pair because less people have those.
Lets be honest: This mindset applies to a lot of people. A lot of these limited shoes, people want because of their exclusivity. Sure, a lot of people like them. But some of these ugly color ways that are released today in limited quantities, a lot of people would have no interest in if they were a GR.

1 pair from a connect, 2 raffles wins, 3 more calling later today. Looking even easier than the VIs were last year

Back
Top Bottom