Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

My 07s were piss poor quality.. really liked the shoe but the ashy nubuck and the cheap paint on the midsole is a deal breaker if it remains the same...

Agreed. and this was the firs 8s I actually copped. Cant wait for some with better quality

Been waiting on these for a long time. 8's are my fav because they were my first pair of j's and one of the few gifts that I received from my father.

Been waiting on these for a long time. 8's are my fav because they were my first pair of j's and one of the few gifts that I received from my father.
My old man NEVER gave me J's. These were unneeded privileges in his opinion (which I now share in his opinion), but I loved these from the first time I saw them. I remember not even KNOWING a release date, walking in to FTL and the guy saying u know the 8s coming out tomorrow right...

I was like, FO REAL? Imma be here at 7am.
roll.gif

My 07s were piss poor quality.. really liked the shoe but the ashy nubuck and the cheap paint on the midsole is a deal breaker if it remains the same...

Defiantly not piss poor quality IMO. I've had no problem with the paint or Durabuck being ashy. Guess you got a bad pair.

Defiantly not piss poor quality IMO. I've had no problem with the paint or Durabuck being ashy. Guess you got a bad pair.
Paint was def bad on the 07' pair IMO, but durabuck wasn't bad, IMO Everything in that era had crappy paint, 06' grape 5s 07' fire red 3s on 06' fire red 5s..an of course 07'aquas,but none of my newer model 3s 5s or 8s have chipped so far so I can see the paint on these holding up well. Sorry for View media item 1566884the long post guys.

Durabuck looks nice but in all honesty isn't that great. Nubuck is much harder to crease and can be easier to maintain although durabuck is just as dusty.

Durabuck looks nice but in all honesty isn't that great. Nubuck is much harder to crease and can be easier to maintain although durabuck is just as dusty.
Yeah my 07' is different from the recent playoff, I kind like the 07 Aqua quality better they stood the test of time, an yes I have minimal hair line creases on the 07'

Yeah I do agree that the paint used back then was crappy, just haven't had any problems with my pair yet. But I know they will eventually crack and chip :frown:

I missed them in oh seven and never wanted to pay resell for these. I had 3 other 8s from 2007 with crappy paint after a few wears and didn't want to buy my favorite pair of jays and have them crack in me. Hopefully the 2015s deliver

Yeah I do agree that the paint used back then was crappy, just haven't had any problems with my pair yet. But I know they will eventually crack and chip :frown:
Your def lucky not to have the paint crack yet, I even brought angelus paint, but being that the cracking is more on the inside, couldn't bring myself to scrape an repaint, but with these dropping especially with the light grey on the ankle, no need to.. But I feel ya pain bro with every step.[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Your def lucky not to have the paint crack yet, I even brought angelus paint, but being that the cracking is more on the inside, couldn't bring myself to scrape an repaint, but with these dropping especially with the light grey on the ankle, no need to.. But I feel ya pain bro with every step.[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]
Agreed, I took mine balling as soon as I could and absolutely cracked on all the sides. fun though

Agreed, I took mine balling as soon as I could and absolutely cracked on all the sides. fun though
fresh out the box?

The 07 was ok imo besides the cracking of the midsoles, which around that time frame for me all the midsoles from that year had paint issues(06-07) including the cdp packs(cracking on my 4's being the worst). I am going to try for them chromes tho, still up in the air at aqua's.

These were gonna be my only air Jordan purchase this year but those Bordeaux pics are fire. Damn you JB

fresh out the box?
Yup.. Bought 2 pairs, one I kept for everyday and one straight to the game... The second pair I ended giving as a gift for a cousin on graduation day. The other turned in to a beater. I still have it but they look like chrome 8s without the paint.
laugh.gif

If available gonna try to scoop a pre-order early for a pair. These Black Friday releases are total CHOAS . Im cool. 

Back
Top Bottom